Quote Originally Posted by AgentTink View Post
Nursery World article today gave a bit of further information about the owner of First Years Childcare...
Concern over agency models as pilots start off | Nursery World

They give her name as Natalie Bishop, and she is a registered childminder. After a bit of digging i have found that she is a very recently registered childminder (Sept 13), and runs childminding business called Teepee Childminding.

She does appear to have had a few different business ventures through the past few years most notably Imaginative Childcare Agency which according to face books description:
"We provide qualified high quality • Nannies & Mothers help •Babysitting services• Wedding and event crèches •Relief cover for nurseries •Children’s Parties
We also supply parties in a box and activity sets for parties across the uk."

So I suspect the fact that she has worked with Nannies and provided a service to local parents (based on £11 per hour fee) is the reason she has been chosen to pilot a childminding agency.

Natalie has also ran a nursery originally called Bluebells Day Nursery, and the name changed to Imaginative Montessori Nursery. The nursery is no longer currently operating.

I will be watching closely to see how her price structure works, what she feels childminders need in terms of support that isnt already available, what aspects if the agency she is trialling, and how she will find the time to support fellow childminders whilst being a full time childminder herself.

My main concern right now is she is members of a few different groups on facebook but has of yet not came forward as first years childcare.
Not called 'Agent' Tink for nuffink, are you?!
Very interesting...
:-)