Quote Originally Posted by rickysmiths View Post
    I googled because the link above would not work and I found this:

http://www.foundationyears.org.uk/wp...irst-years.pdf

and this:

Case study: First Years Childcare | Foundation Years

and this where they are named in the list of childminder agency trials

Childminder agency pilots named | Nursery World
    I like this:
    First Years Childcare are in the process of recruiting childminders and developing their website.

I hope no one volunteers and they are a long way off...still under construction I think?

The link may not work from tablets or iPhones..try it on your computer

The Foundation Years website is where all the feedback will be ...keep checking it

Registered Childminder since
    Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Simona View Post
    I like this:
    First Years Childcare are in the process of recruiting childminders and developing their website.

I hope no one volunteers and they are a long way off...still under construction I think?

The link may not work from tablets or iPhones..try it on your computer
    Ha Simona I have a brick of a phone! and I don't have a tablet either I am on my computer and I googled because the link wouldn't work and then tried the web link in the PDF and none of them work for me

Simona Guest

Ha Simona I have a brick of a phone! and I don't have a tablet either I am on my computer and I googled because the link wouldn't work and then tried the web link in the PDF and none of them work for me
    oh no...I have tried it again and it works...mind you it will save you getting mad but you may miss having a good laugh at their expense!
    It does not work on my ipad either...I'll DM you the link...see if that works.

4. Likes rickysmiths liked this post
    may 05
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Think they have removed the page now as I forwarded it colleagues in our independent childminding group and have had replies saying it is just a blank page!

6. Likes rickysmiths liked this post
    Simona Guest

Quote Originally Posted by hectors house View Post
    Think they have removed the page now as I forwarded it colleagues in our independent childminding group and have had replies saying it is just a blank page!
    I have it open in front of me and have DM RS the link..
    Come on we want this to be seen by thousands...or as they say on Twitter...trending!!

Who's brave enough to tweet it to Truss?...I can't because I am still blocked by her!!

8. Likes Maza liked this post
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

It's strange. People are saying the link isn't working, but I can still see it.

It's a shame for any of you that missed it. It was certainly good for a laugh on a wet Friday afternoon!

I particularly love the packages they offer:

£0 - This is what you get For free
    Not bad, but could be better

£10 a month- This is a little better
    Though
    Not the best plan for you!

£25 a month - Honestly, go Premium
    We have a lot
    of cool features for you!
    Really, you will love what you will get
    Come on!!
    Please!!!

£40 a month - This one is super good
    Super awesome
    Just the right plan for you
    If you are
    super pro!
    years of sign up

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Being serious though, once the site is up & running properly, you can see it being quite attractive to some people

Sept 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Have they taken it down? It's not coming up anymore, wanted another giggle
    Kelly xx

12. Likes rickysmiths liked this post
    Simona Guest

Quote Originally Posted by kellyskidz! View Post
    Have they taken it down? It's not coming up anymore, wanted another giggle
    No it is still there...not possible to access via ipad though
    Copy the link and email it to yourself then you can open it anytime on your PC
    I can also open it on twitter where I posted it

Apr 01
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I've tried to open on 2 browsers, through here and twitter and just come up with blank document BUT I googled them and looked at the cached page and although it isn't perfect I get the gist. Think someone went live too soon!

First Years Childcare // York

15. Likes zippy liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Omg, I am speechless and if you knew me in real life you'd know how impossible that is

17. Likes N/A liked this post
    Simona Guest

Tulip0803...if you follow me on twitter you can open the link in one of my tweets....just tried and it works
    or you can find it in my Focus Group under the Agencies thread

Apr 01
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Tulip0803...if you follow me on twitter you can open the link in one of my tweets....just tried and it works
    or you can find it in my Focus Group under the Agencies thread
    Hi Simona I do follow you but still cant open it through your twitter feed or anywhere else no idea why. Have tried with Internet Explorer and Google Chrome. All I get is a blank page and "untitled document" as the tab title. Not sure why some people can open and others can't. That's why I tried the cached page when couldn't open the actual web page, same thing "untitled Document" which is why I put the cached page on for those that can't open it as it seems I am not the only one.

Simona Guest

Quote Originally Posted by tulip0803 View Post
    Hi Simona I do follow you but still cant open it through your twitter feed or anywhere else no idea why. Have tried with Internet Explorer and Google Chrome. All I get is a blank page and "untitled document" as the tab title. Not sure why some people can open and others can't. That's why I tried the cached page when couldn't open the actual web page, same thing "untitled Document" which is why I put the cached page on for those that can't open it as it seems I am not the only one.
    DM on the way to you

sept 90
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tulip0803 View Post
    I've tried to open on 2 browsers, through here and twitter and just come up with blank document BUT I googled them and looked at the cached page and although it isn't perfect I get the gist. Think someone went live too soon!

First Years Childcare // York
    Thanks was able to view via your link,otherwise it was coming up blank for me! No idea what on earth it is at about at all??

Simona Guest

Quote Originally Posted by primula View Post
    Thanks was able to view via your link,otherwise it was coming up blank for me! No idea what on earth it is at about at all??
    Oh...the joys of IT...I am able to open all my links so not sure why
    The website is still there this morning...can't understand why some cannot open it??

I'll keep an eye on it and let you know if it gets updated
    Anyone from York here aware of what they are up to? are they asking for volunteers?
    who runs the company and what expertise do they have in terms of childminding practice?
    what does your LA think of them or are they the LA itself trialling agencies?

oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

my do though it looked impressive! not sure what she was looking at !!!! maybe she liked the latin! I replied and said I didn't and I WOULD not be paying/joining etc !!!!

Simona Guest

Quote Originally Posted by loocyloo View Post
    my do though it looked impressive! not sure what she was looking at !!!! maybe she liked the latin! I replied and said I didn't and I WOULD not be paying/joining etc !!!!
    Did she like it because she is part of it?
    First Years Childcare is amongst the 20 chosen ..are they the LA or an independent company?
    how will your LA match the support package that the agency offers to cms to support independent cms?

oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Did she like it because she is part of it?
    First Years Childcare is amongst the 20 chosen ..are they the LA or an independent company?
    how will your LA match the support package that the agency offers to cms to support independent cms?
    as far as I know she is not involved ...
    as far as I know first years childcare is independent ...

BUT, I am not in the York district. ( I am north Yorkshire ) and I don't know any childminders from York. just googled them and nothing came up ... except a facebook link, which as i'm not on facebook I couldn't see!

I also forwarded link to my early years bod, so will see what she says/comes back with? my link isn't now working so hope she can see it.

x
    ( DO is lovely, and would do anything for anyone ... but doesn't always have her eye on what is really going on! )

Simona Guest

Thank you for sharing that Loocyloo
    What I am trying to find out is how those LAs who are against agencies will support cms in future

Their duty now is to support any cms with a satisfactory or inadequate grade...even Truss confirmed that recently... but those with higher grades have to fend for themselves

I know that we still have the question of LAs doing things differently but my concern is that independent cms are being put at a disadvantage if we have no support compared to that offered to those who join an agency?
    does it make sense?

I will continue asking that question until someone comes back with an answer...it maybe a matter of going outside of the LA to flag this up.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast