Ministerial reshuffle under way!!!
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  6
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Simona Guest

Default Ministerial reshuffle under way!!!

Both Parties are reshuffling their ministers...
    Stephen Twigg, Shadow Education Minister, has gone but no idea who will take his place for the Punch and Judy show with Gove in future!!

Truss??...no news yet....rumours abound...wish they would get on with it and put us out of our misery!!

Just heard Tristam Hunt, junior education minister takes Twigg's role...I hope he's got a fighting spirit and knows his portfolio!!
    Last edited by Simona; 07-10-2013 at 03:10 PM.

Simona Guest

Still no news on Truss I am afraid...how long does it take to reshuffle a team eh?

However...look at the new Shadow Minister for Education Tristam Hunt: he is a senior lecturer in Modern British History...well at least he has some knowledge of education!!

Dr Tristram Hunt | School of History

Simona Guest

Sorry chaps...Cameron needs another day to reshuffle his Cabinet...so we have to wait a bit longer!!

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/m...7-october-2013

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I've been waiting all day for news & can't believe we've got to wait another day!

Registered Childminder since
    July 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Seriously he needs to crack on we have other things to do than wait for Truss to get a new posting.

Sam x

Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Would of thought she would of been the first to go considering the problems she has caused but as her position was changed last time I doubt if she will
    Debbie

Simona Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Chatterbox Childcare View Post
    Would of thought she would of been the first to go considering the problems she has caused but as her position was changed last time I doubt if she will
    Truss is not seen as causing problems...on the contrary she will be acknowledged as reforming EY and dealing with the cost of childcare??????
    At the Tory conference Gove praised her for the free school meals proposition which in fact was actually announced by Clegg...I think that was it or at least he praised her for something she had nothing to do with...

I would bet a small amount she is staying at the DfE maybe promoted as Minister of something or another..will see!
    I am more interested in how the new shadow minister deals with Gove and his dictatorial approach!

Simona Guest

No word about Truss as yet
    This is a little bit about the new Shadow Education Secretary

Will a professor take on Gove the journalist in the education debate?

Hunt takes on shadow education brief in Labour reshuffle | Children & Young People Now

July07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Hopefully they'll shuffle her sideways off a cliff
    Time Out.. The perfect time for thinking about what you're going to destroy next.

Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I bet she won't move. She has her eyes on the PM job.

Nov 13
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I heard today that given the break of activity yesterday afternoon Mr Cameron's proposal probably hit a stumbling block. It has been suggested that she did not go along with his proposals, so a rethink had to take place.

She is definately here to stay for a bit longer.

12. Likes N/A liked this post
    Simona Guest

Quote Originally Posted by FloraDora View Post
    I heard today that given the break of activity yesterday afternoon Mr Cameron's proposal probably hit a stumbling block. It has been suggested that she did not go along with his proposals, so a rethink had to take place.

She is definately here to stay for a bit longer.
    Keep us posted if you hear more...the lady is not for moving then??? and I agree she is here to stay but what a wait eh?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Simona View Post

Keep us posted if you hear more...the lady is not for moving then??? and I agree she is here to stay but what a wait eh?
    Hurumph!
    I was really hoping....
    :-/

Simona Guest

Lucy Powell MP has been promoted to Shadow Minister for Childcare and Early Years....not sure what has happened to Sharon Hodgson but the 2 of them fought against ratios and agencies and debated the C&F Bill

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Good news - Lucy will do a good job I think she knows her stuff - I hope Sharon is ok though she has been sooo supportive

Simona Guest

Quote Originally Posted by sarah707 View Post
    Good news - Lucy will do a good job I think she knows her stuff - I hope Sharon is ok though she has been sooo supportive
    Sharon is now working in the Women and Equalities department...or whatever it is called

Nov 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Simona View Post
    Truss is not seen as causing problems...on the contrary she will be acknowledged as reforming EY and dealing with the cost of childcare??????
    At the Tory conference Gove praised her for the free school meals proposition which in fact was actually announced by Clegg...I think that was it or at least he praised her for something she had nothing to do with...

I would bet a small amount she is staying at the DfE maybe promoted as Minister of something or another..will see!
    I am more interested in how the new shadow minister deals with Gove and his dictatorial approach!
    i wonder if they are having a fling and Gove just loves everything she does
    if you do what you've always done, you'll get what you've always got

Post Thanks / Like

Hmmmmmmmm

She probably wants to see things through to the bitter end.

:-(

Simona Guest

I would like to concentrate more on who is going to oppose the DfE from the other side of the House of Commons rather than worry whether Truss stays or goes...or look at all that is happening at present or will happen in the near future in EY

It really makes no difference to me personally whether she stays or is moved

As she started this avalanche of ill judged reforms I feel she should be there to pick up the pieces when things go wrong...like when she had to admit defeat over the ratios