Likes Likes:  7
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Registered Childminder since
    Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Default List of companies involved in trials of childminder agencies released

https://www.gov.uk/government/polici...inder-agencies

Here is the list from the link, any surprises anyone:
    Trial of childminder agencies

After reviewing proposals from over 100 different organisations interested in being part of our trial, we selected the following 20 organisations to help us test and develop the scheme:

• Family Info Link - stockport - Family Info Link
    • St Bede’s Academy
    • Liverpool Council
    • Salford Council/Rochdale Council/Wigan Council
    • @Home Childcare
    • Entrust Ed
    • NoelQuinnLtd
    • Telford Council
    • Buttercups Nursery
    • Riverside Childcare
    • Merton Council
    • Broadclyst Community Primary School
    • Trio Childcare
    • Bournemouth Council
    • South Gloucestershire Council
    • First Year Childcare
    • Calderdale Council
    • Rutland Council
    • Warwickshire Council
    • Hampshire Council

More information as the trial progresses can be found at foundation years website under link case studies:
    Childminder Information | Foundation Years
    Last edited by AgentTink; 28-09-2013 at 01:59 AM.

Nov 03
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Thank you for posting this x

Simona Guest

Quote Originally Posted by snortlet View Post
    Thank you for posting this x
    As predicted and on time the announcement was made and without much fanfare!!

Post Thanks / Like

I am particularly irritated and cynical about the Q&As - Wonder who made these up?

http://www.foundationyears.org.uk/wp...QA-re-CMAs.pdf

Post Thanks / Like

I can't see any near me - I'm Sussex.
    Last edited by SammySplodger; 28-09-2013 at 07:43 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Just noticed Merton & Hampshire. Both still quite a distance from me.

Oct 97
    Post Thanks / Like

I have mixed feelings about councils running agencies, yes they will have the local knowledge and expertise but surely it means independent chikdminders will no longer have any support at all?
    Scares me, how will a school best represent childminders it's chalk and cheese, still you never know do you.

Jan12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Great- trio is in my area- I am part of there network - and got all of my training and support through them. Advice needed- shall I request to have my network connection with them cancelled? Really not happy and worried now

Simona Guest

Quote Originally Posted by SammySplodger View Post
    I am particularly irritated and cynical about the Q&As - Wonder who made these up?

I think the FAQs are a good warning to cms who may think about volunteering for the trials just to find out

Until we have all details cms should not volunteer...no one knows what they are signing for...once the feedback is out then cms can choose what to do!
    Read carefully what the agencies will offer cms and how as independent we can match that support...it can be done as plenty accredited trainers will support us.

It was obvious that LAs would succeed in being chosen...most parties are LAs!!

Join the LinkedIn group for Independent cms and discuss
    http://www.linkedin.com/myGroups?trk...sub_nav_groups

10. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

The bit that concerns me most in the Q&As is Q11, which insinuates that independent CMs won't be as good, because agency CMs will be inspected more frequently. It's something we must bear in mind about our way forward. We need to counter this. What do you think?

12. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

i'm intrigued about Hampshire ...

childminders USED to be looked after by NCMA in Hampshire.

they were excellent, but Hampshire scaled back the amount of involvement/support they offered.

I've emailed a few childminders where I used to live, but have heard nothing back ... will keep on!

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Our local council doesn't seem to be involved, but trio is very close to us.

Simona Guest

Quote Originally Posted by SammySplodger View Post
    The bit that concerns me most in the Q&As is Q11, which insinuates that independent CMs won't be as good, because agency CMs will be inspected more frequently. It's something we must bear in mind about our way forward. We need to counter this. What do you think?

Yes Sammy...I have been saying this all along...we need to compete with agency cms and seek support to equal theirs...not just info sharing and peer support but much more
    As said there are plenty of EY independent trainers and consultants willing to help...remember I mentioned NEYTCO?

That is exactly why I joined them..take a look as well.

The message is that agency cms will be 'well supported' to reassure parents of their quality...no mention of any cost to receive this support though!!!!

Loocyloo.....Pacey would have been against Hampshire trialling so you may find they are not connected anymore and the LA has gone ahead with the trials
    I had always envisaged LAs would be the most successful in being chosen as their expertise is invaluable...and also connects with their change in role so much promoted by the DfE!!!

sad that many LAs did not offer support to cms when they were funded by the DfE to do so...now they are willing to do so but charge us for it?

I have not looked at this properly yet but it looks like the agency cover the whole of England and are not duplicated in the same area...has anyone had a look!

oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Simona View Post
    Yes Sammy...I have been saying this all along...we need to compete with agency cms and seek support to equal theirs...not just info sharing and peer support but much more
    As said there are plenty of EY independent trainers and consultants willing to help...remember I mentioned NEYTCO?

That is exactly why I joined them..take a look as well.

The message is that agency cms will be 'well supported' to reassure parents of their quality...no mention of any cost to receive this support though!!!!

Loocyloo.....Pacey would have been against Hampshire trialling so you may find they are not connected anymore and the LA has gone ahead with the trials
    I had always envisaged LAs would be the most successful in being chosen as their expertise is invaluable...and also connects with their change in role so much promoted by the DfE!!!

sad that many LAs did not offer support to cms when they were funded by the DfE to do so...now they are willing to do so but charge us for it?

I have not looked at this properly yet but it looks like the agency cover the whole of England and are not duplicated in the same area...has anyone had a look!
    I can't se any that cover the same area, but there are none in my area ( north Yorkshire ) I was talking to someone recently who said she can't see any agency wanting to take on the rural areas with few childminders as just not profitable enough for them.

Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by oxfordshirecm View Post
    Great- trio is in my area- I am part of there network - and got all of my training and support through them. Advice needed- shall I request to have my network connection with them cancelled? Really not happy and worried now
    I went to a Trio meeting and they are trialling elements of agencies (this is not the full agency model) and I am part of that. I haven't been asked to be an agency, be part of an agency or part with my independence or money.

I would say wait and decide if they do set up as an agency or if you are concerned call them and discuss it as no one on the forum can give you the answers.
    Debbie

18. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    Simona Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Chatterbox Childcare View Post
    I went to a Trio meeting and they are trialling elements of agencies (this is not the full agency model) and I am part of that. I haven't been asked to be an agency, be part of an agency or part with my independence or money.

I would say wait and decide if they do set up as an agency or if you are concerned call them and discuss it as no one on the forum can give you the answers.
    You are right Chatterbox...we don't have the answers ...they will come from the feedback
    What we are saying to cms is ask questions first then volunteer for the trials if you are sure
    You must have been reassured by what they told you for you to volunteer?

Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Chatterbox Childcare View Post

Chatterbox could you tell us which parts they are trialling?

June 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    OUTSTANDING
    Post Thanks / Like

Just had a wee look but can't say that I can see which one would cover my area - will have a proper look later - I have an appointment then back for a parent interview and some paperwork.
    Celest

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by oxfordshirecm View Post
    I wouldn't do anything at the moment as we're all still pretty much in the dark....nothing new there then

Wait until more information comes out and make an informed decision once you know all the facts.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Simona View Post

I'm from Hampshire and at the moment Pacey are still very much involved in childminder support. As I understand it Hampshire County Council subcontracts to Pacey. If anything over the last couple of years their has been alot of emphasis on peer support within the network. I was questioning this earlier to some local childminders - surely if Pacey are against agencies, then our current network coordinators should not be any way involved in setting up the agencies. It doesn't come as a surprise to me that Hampshire are involved in trials, just because of the focus within the network over the last couple of years. I am concerned though what support will be left for childminders who stay independent. All our training currently comes via Pacey/Hants, they also have the Family Information Directory where childminders include their details for prospective parents.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast