'OFSTED Reigistered Independent Childminders'...new group on Linkedin
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  7
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Simona Guest

Default 'OFSTED Reigistered Independent Childminders'...new group on Linkedin

I have created a new group on LinkedIn for those cms who wish to remain independent of agencies to share information, good practice and offer support

The aim is to connect with cms across the country, link to others professionals involved in EY such as trainers and consultants and also provide a link to the #OfstedBigConversation campaign so we can follow the developments.

OFSTED Reigistered Indpendent Childminders | LinkedIn

please join and share your concerns and hopes for the future.....forgive the typos in the title ..they will be corrected soon

Simona Guest

An interesting piece of advice and information was posted in the thread today about agencies...come and check it out

Registered Childminder since
    Mar 90
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm not part of LinkedIn but just had a look via your link below and see we need to join

Simona Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Smiley View Post
    I'm not part of LinkedIn but just had a look via your link below and see we need to join
    Yes it by invitation or you can ask to join the group...it is very easy...if I could join anyone can!!

Oct 97
    Post Thanks / Like

Thank you Simona, think I will give it a go.

Jan 84
    Post Thanks / Like

Put a request in to join.
    Teacake2

7. Likes N/A liked this post
    Simona Guest

Quote Originally Posted by teacake2 View Post
    Put a request in to join.
    Teacake2
    Granted and you are very welcome!

may 05
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Sorry I'm a bit of a dinosaur - can someone tell me what LinkedIn is and how is it used?

Simona Guest

Quote Originally Posted by hectors house View Post
    Sorry I'm a bit of a dinosaur - can someone tell me what LinkedIn is and how is it used?
    LinkedIn is a forum where professionals join networks and groups to discuss topics that are of interest to them
    To join you need to register and then access with your password
    Anyone can create a group and then invite people to join or people can ask the 'creator' of the group to join.

In a way it is similar to Facebook but it is a 'professional network'
    unlike Facebook people cannot 'sneak in' and cause trouble, be rude or have a row....in other words they cannot just appear, because to access the person who has created the group has to 'Accept' their request to join.

The reason for creating the ORIC group is because our campaign against agencies needs to be widening now and, in my view, it is not only close to cms as many others in the sector are against agencies so when it comes to doing the agency consultation all are aware of our concerns

Above all LinkedIn is private and not a public forum...no on can see the discussions unless they are in the group.

Does this help? sorry probably not as clear as it should be

may 05
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Simona View Post
    LinkedIn is a forum where professionals join networks and groups to discuss topics that are of interest to them
    To join you need to register and then access with your password
    Anyone can create a group and then invite people to join or people can ask the 'creator' of the group to join.

In a way it is similar to Facebook but it is a 'professional network'
    unlike Facebook people cannot 'sneak in' and cause trouble, be rude or have a row....in other words they cannot just appear, because to access the person who has created the group has to 'Accept' their request to join.

The reason for creating the ORIC group is because our campaign against agencies needs to be widening now and, in my view, it is not only close to cms as many others in the sector are against agencies so when it comes to doing the agency consultation all are aware of our concerns

Above all LinkedIn is private and not a public forum...no on can see the discussions unless they are in the group.

Does this help? sorry probably not as clear as it should be
    Thank you - I did set up a linked in account a couple of months ago when I had a request to join - but other than getting bombarded with e-mails from other people also on LinkedIn I don't use it or really understand what I signed up to. I will look at your LinkedIn and try to request entry some time today.

Simona Guest

Quote Originally Posted by hectors house View Post
    Thank you - I did set up a linked in account a couple of months ago when I had a request to join - but other than getting bombarded with e-mails from other people also on LinkedIn I don't use it or really understand what I signed up to. I will look at your LinkedIn and try to request entry some time today.
    please do...yes you can be bombarded with requests but you can be in control and not receive all of them just the ones of interest to you.
    You can also choose the groups you would be n most interested in joining..thre are hundreds so be choosy!

july 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Simona View Post
    I have created a new group on LinkedIn for those cms who wish to remain independent of agencies to share information, good practice and offer support

The aim is to connect with cms across the country, link to others professionals involved in EY such as trainers and consultants and also provide a link to the #OfstedBigConversation campaign so we can follow the developments.

OFSTED Reigistered Indpendent Childminders | LinkedIn

please join and share your concerns and hopes for the future.....forgive the typos in the title ..they will be corrected soon

Hi Simona,I have asked to join too, though I am not too sure how to use linked in, a good idea though to keep us informed.

Simona Guest

Quote Originally Posted by mum24 View Post
    Hi Simona,I have asked to join too, though I am not too sure how to use linked in, a good idea though to keep us informed.
    You can subscribe to receive comments by emails...if they are of interest click on the link to read and reply
    Or just log in every day to see what is happening...I am new at this too but have many people helping me to understand for which I am very grateful

It is no different to any other form of Info sharing because you have to register and use your password...the only difference it is a private group so we will get no one coming in to argue or make trouble.
    I find it very professional and respectful

What is happening is very apparent now and many agree...agencies are a topic we ALL discuss somehow and somewhere but one particular group, website or forum cannot reach to ALL cms so we have to info share and keep cms informed, info sharing is knowledge and knowledge is a powerful tool.

We must prevent CMs joining an agency until they are totally sure that is what they want to do and know all the terms and conditions attached to their m'ship.

Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I have just joined and requested to join this group. Pending Approval!! I hope I did it all correct

xxxx

Simona Guest

Quote Originally Posted by AliceK View Post
    I have just joined and requested to join this group. Pending Approval!! I hope I did it all correct

xxxx
    Yes you did....difficult to know who is who with all these names we use...AARRGGHH!!!!
    I have to keep checking the requests to join and I am doing so regularly...so the wait is only for a few hours
    All done now.

Mar 90
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I joined this morning, must check if I'm still pending

july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

ORIC

So close if it had been ORAC it would have been the computer from Blakes 7. Right that's me crawling back into my geeky hole 2 threads in one evening I have been able to do a superhero and now a scfi reference
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

19. Likes sarah707, AgentTink liked this post
    June86
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi Simona
    I have just applied to join, I am pending. Not brill o technology but willing to learn.

Simona Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Daisy1956 View Post
    Hi Simona
    I have just applied to join, I am pending. Not brill o technology but willing to learn.
    All requests granted...
    neither am I that good but willing to learn
    So far not too difficult ...does not require a Sherlock mind I hope!

Simona Guest

PLA/Under 5 Magazine has joined the CMs LinkedIn group and posted a question to cms about our concerns over Ofsted inspections and how to complain
    Pleased we have one of the representing Associations on board listening and hopefully acting on our worries.
    I have listed a few concerns so hope other cms will add theirs.

Nursery World has also joined and their interest is the 2, 3 and 4 year old funding.
    They are about to do another article on the barriers faced by cms...so if you wish to be heard add your comments the journalist will pick them up.

Again I have posted a few of my concerns so hope you can add yours.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast