Hybrid View

Registered Childminder since
    Oct 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD! Hurrah
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by barbarella68 View Post
    I came off as I felt patronised and bullied,I have come off a few pages about Childminding as it turns out the same every time.
    I'm sorry to hear that. There is so much good info and sharing though that might be worth putting up with the occasional opinionated post. We can't over-sensor people but we do step in if it goes too far. We have helped so many people on our FB group, people who give out wrong information that they believe to be correct (mainly ratios connected!) and we put right.

But of course if FB isn't for you, then please carry on using the forum. We are still committed to keeping the forum the way you want it

Simona Guest

I am utterly appalled at what I am reading....
    I am not on FB but feel like joining just to read for myself what seems to be incredible bullyish behaviour and challenge it! ...these people do not even sound like members but pure trouble makers.....of course without reading the posts it is difficult to judge but I get an idea.
    Do we know them, do we know why they do it?...it has to be stopped and no way admin should be under attack.

I wonder what this type of behaviour does for the reputation of cms who belong to this Forum? if you think about it the FB page reflects this Forum

Should the Forum keep the FB page open when it is becoming very unpleasant and worrying to read about what is going on there on our behalf?
    Do we really need a FB page when there are other mediums that could be used to keep cms informed?
    what is FB achieving that cannot be achieved in this Forum?

Can admin or Richard please sort it out ...once and for all?

I joined LinkedIn recently and I find that medium to be very professional and respectful...
    I doubt any of the members there would tolerate such behaviour but....above all I wonder if any of these bullies would behave in the same manner as they do on FB?...I doubt it

This makes for very sad and worrying reading...and it does nothing for our reputation or professionalism

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

It's not just the FB group Simona. The same arguments happen on this forum as well from time to time. For the majority of the time the group runs smoothly, but every now and again someone will post something that they know will be deleted. Then there's a call to arms, telling everyone to get over to the group and start posting on the thread.

There are many childminding groups on FB and you have to chose the one that suits you at that particular time. If you want to post about petitions, there are groups for that. If you want to post about online systems, there are groups specifically for that. The majority of people know that they're not to be discussed on the forum group, but still do it. Some genuinely do it as they aren't aware of the rules, but other definitely do it to cause trouble.

The group is one of the most heavily censored groups I belong to, but I have no issue with that. In my view, it's the only way to keep it professional, informative and to the point. There are other groups for chit chat, moaning about parents, or discussing petitions and online systems. I think admin do a great job at keeping the group trouble free, but there is no way any group or forum can stop it completely.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mouse View Post
    It's not just the FB group Simona. The same arguments happen on this forum as well from time to time. For the majority of the time the group runs smoothly, but every now and again someone will post something that they know will be deleted. Then there's a call to arms, telling everyone to get over to the group and start posting on the thread.

There are many childminding groups on FB and you have to chose the one that suits you at that particular time. If you want to post about petitions, there are groups for that. If you want to post about online systems, there are groups specifically for that. The majority of people know that they're not to be discussed on the forum group, but still do it. Some genuinely do it as they aren't aware of the rules, but other definitely do it to cause trouble.

The group is one of the most heavily censored groups I belong to, but I have no issue with that. In my view, it's the only way to keep it professional, informative and to the point. There are other groups for chit chat, moaning about parents, or discussing petitions and online systems. I think admin do a great job at keeping the group trouble free, but there is no way any group or forum can stop it completely.
    Completely agree with this BUT:

People who have been on here for a long time all know the 'unsaid rules' about starring out. If you don't know the history or background it is very confusing and frustrating to be censored in this way. What you saw last night was NOT trolling (I was online the whole time watching). It was frustration that they felt freedom of speech and right to a valid discussion were compromised. I can see both sides. I am very worried - IT WILL NOT GO AWAY! :-(

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SammySplodger View Post
    Completely agree with this BUT:

People who have been on here for a long time all know the 'unsaid rules' about starring out. If you don't know the history or background it is very confusing and frustrating to be censored in this way. What you saw last night was NOT trolling (I was online the whole time watching). It was frustration that they felt freedom of speech and right to a valid discussion were compromised. I can see both sides. I am very worried - IT WILL NOT GO AWAY! :-(
    Did you see the posts on another group inciting people to head over to the IC group to stir things up? Their post is still going on about it this morning.

I agree it will not go away until some people grow up & let things drop. They seem to be getting themselves so frustrated by a group that doesn't offer them what they want, when they all say they are more than happy to post in an alternative group that does allow full freedom of speech. Why would they want to be a member of a heavily censored group if they have a perfectly good alternative that suits their needs better?

I also agree that it must be confusing for new members who don't understand the ins & outs, but if admin had to spend less time sorting out childish squabbles, they'd have more time to explain the rules to the new members.

Post Thanks / Like

Did you see the posts on another group inciting people to head over to the IC group to stir things up? Their post is still going on about it this morning.

I agree it will not go away until some people grow up & let things drop. They seem to be getting themselves so frustrated by a group that doesn't offer them what they want, when they all say they are more than happy to post in an alternative group that does allow full freedom of speech. Why would they want to be a member of a heavily censored group if they have a perfectly good alternative that suits their needs better?

I also agree that it must be confusing for new members who don't understand the ins & outs, but if admin had to spend less time sorting out childish squabbles, they'd have more time to explain the rules to the new members.
    Not sure if it's one group or the other?!

Thing is, if you belong to several (I do) then if you felt upset about being kicked off FB without a valid reason (because you genuinely don't get why B D can't be mentioned) then you would mention it in another group - for support. Unfortunately there are a number of people who have been banned lately and so that's not really helping is it? I can honestly see both sides of this sad situation.

And I'm genuinely worried that I might now get banned myself for speaking up. But I am trying to explain WHY last night happened. It's not just 'bad people' it's frustration!
    :-( :-( :-(

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SammySplodger View Post
    Not sure if it's one group or the other?!

Thing is, if you belong to several (I do) then if you felt upset about being kicked off FB without a valid reason (because you genuinely don't get why B D can't be mentioned) then you would mention it in another group - for support. Unfortunately there are a number of people who have been banned lately and so that's not really helping is it? I can honestly see both sides of this sad situation.

And I'm genuinely worried that I might now get banned myself for speaking up. But I am trying to explain WHY last night happened. It's not just 'bad people' it's frustration!
    :-( :-( :-(
    "Genuine". That is the key word. I think you will find that many of the people banned DO know why it can't be mentioned. Simply that fact that it's a rule of the group should be enough. It seems to me that many are out with the intention of getting banned so they can then go & give the "poor me" speech on another group.

Registered Childminder since
    Oct 04
    Post Thanks / Like

For the majority of the time the group runs smoothly, but every now and again someone will post something that they know will be deleted. Then there's a call to arms, telling everyone to get over to the group and start posting on the thread.
    It is this aspect that concerns me the most
    I was (blissfully) unaware of the shenanigans of last night, until I saw a post on my newsfeed 'calling to arms'

As a CM that is looking for advice, business support, legislation information, and discussions regarding my business and how to make it better, I do not appreciate being 'dragged into' the disputes or being 'tarred with a brush' by virtue of the fact that I am a member of particular forums, or several FB groups.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by madmamma View Post

It is this aspect that concerns me the most
    I was (blissfully) unaware of the shenanigans of last night, until I saw a post on my newsfeed 'calling to arms'

As a CM that is looking for advice, business support, legislation information, and discussions regarding my business and how to make it better, I do not appreciate being 'dragged into' the disputes or being 'tarred with a brush' by virtue of the fact that I am a member of particular forums, or several FB groups.
    Yup - totally with you there.
    Could not believe my eyes.