Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Facebook

Registered Childminder since
    Sept 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

When I said I like the information offered on the IC FB page I did not mean that I do not think the forum gives good advice at all or intend for it to be taken that the mods are spending too much time on the FB page taking them away form the forum - just so everyone knows So just for the record I love the FB page and I LOVE the forum

2. Likes Rick, FussyElmo, Mouse, sarah707, Richard liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by VeggieSausage View Post
    When I said I like the information offered on the IC FB page I did not mean that I do not think the forum gives good advice at all or intend for it to be taken that the mods are spending too much time on the FB page taking them away form the forum - just so everyone knows So just for the record I love the FB page and I LOVE the forum
    YUP - me too, use both and still enjoy both, belong to many FB CM groups - good, bad and ugly (sometimes). IC FB is the most 'censored' of all, which can be very frustrating at times (if you don't understand the background) but generally the advice given is more reliable. Much crossover between here and IC FB - so you aren't missing vital info - it 's just presented in a different format.

sept 09
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm not really sure what facebook group your talking about!
    But I run my own ace book groups (nothing to do with childcare), one of the pages have a few thousand members and my best advice is just block people that irritate you then you can't see what they say. If a post irritates you then report it and it goes away.

may 05
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't know how facebook page works but sometimes wonder on here if we should have a "Don't like" option like we do the "like" - not for when you don't necessarily agree with the post as everyone has their own opinions but to use when you feel the other person is being rude or disrespectful - this may then be easier to let the other person know that you don't like their tone or words rather than write for eg: "I find your answer insulting etc etc" which then leads to another response and it gets more and more heated. Maybe then the moderators could see straight away without reading all the posts what has offended or upset someone - I know there is probably a "report" option but this way the members would be moderating themselves to some extent.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hectors house View Post
    I don't know how facebook page works but sometimes wonder on here if we should have a "Don't like" option like we do the "like" - not for when you don't necessarily agree with the post as everyone has their own opinions but to use when you feel the other person is being rude or disrespectful - this may then be easier to let the other person know that you don't like their tone or words rather than write for eg: "I find your answer insulting etc etc" which then leads to another response and it gets more and more heated. Maybe then the moderators could see straight away without reading all the posts what has offended or upset someone - I know there is probably a "report" option but this way the members would be moderating themselves to some extent.
    I love this idea - wish you could do it on FB!

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456