Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Facebook

Registered Childminder since
    Jan 13
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Fb is going crazy tonight. I don't go on much but some posts pop up on my feed and the latest one is just mental. Honestly if I run the group I would shut it down now! Full of drunk, ungrateful, bitchy women with nothing better to do on a Friday night but cause trouble. I feel for you admin!

Simona Guest

Sorry to but in...but what is the reason for posting this thread other than show that on FB some very unpleasant things/discussions happen?
    They clearly show a side that is best ignored but causes a lot of heartache

Does it help cms in the fight we have on our hands which should be based on professionalism and not petty interactions or people casing trouble for whatever reasons?

As I am not on FB I find the posts very unsettling especially when we cannot follow the discussions
    FB is not the only medium we can communicate on and base our professional conduct...this will be unpopular but it is my personal view

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Pixie dust View Post
    I have just left the fb group tonight after the latest discussions turned quite nasty and pointless to be honest. It is a shame after all the hard work by the admins but to be honest I don't want to be associated with a group that is supposed to being supporting each other but instead of turning on each other
    I am so sorry you have left the group Pixie Dust. Personally I chose not to read the posts.

There are over 3600 members on the group and a very few decided to attack admin. The majority were supportive of the work we do trying to support, encourage and help them.

I hope you are ok x

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CLL View Post
    Fb is going crazy tonight. I don't go on much but some posts pop up on my feed and the latest one is just mental. Honestly if I run the group I would shut it down now! Full of drunk, ungrateful, bitchy women with nothing better to do on a Friday night but cause trouble. I feel for you admin!
    Thank you for your support x

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Pixie dust View Post
    I have just left the fb group tonight after the latest discussions turned quite nasty and pointless to be honest. It is a shame after all the hard work by the admins but to be honest I don't want to be associated with a group that is supposed to being supporting each other but instead of turning on each other
    It's a shame you left Pixie Dust.

I really don't want to carry anything on here, but I do think the arguments were exacerbated by members of other groups deliberately trying to stir things up

6. Likes Greengrass74, AgentTink, FussyElmo liked this post
    Nov 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Very Good
    Post Thanks / Like

All a bit crazy - if these people are so unhappy why don't they just leave the group! Some people just like a moan and I am sure secretly they wish they were admin! X

Jan 13
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sarah707 View Post

Thank you for your support x
    No problem Sarah! You all do an amazing job and I think some people should be more appreciative. This forum is what got me my Outstanding grade on my first inspection.

9. Likes Rick liked this post
    Jan 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    OUTSTANDING
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I just sat and watched... And provided popcorn for those watching

Wibble x
    The bats have left the bell tower.....

11. Likes AgentTink liked this post
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WibbleWobble View Post

Wibble x
    Sadly the thread had gone before I got any

If youve got any left it's sweet and salty for me please

Jun 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm a little sad about the post on fb. There really is no need for any of the comments and disrespect.

It does feel like a playground bully tactics.

I usually skip through posts I'm not interested in so why cant everyone else?

14. Likes AgentTink liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

That now deleted thread made me very sad on a number of levels. I can see many 'sides' to the 'hoo-hah'.

I have huge respect for the admins, appreciate all their hard work and lovely generous Sarah, but sadly I cannot see this 'issue' going away :-(

I get my info from a variety of sources and participate in lots of FB and other fora. In my experience it's the only way to have a completely rounded view of how the land lies. Unfortunately this method means you also have to pick your way through a very complicated 'web'. Several months on I am understanding how to negotiate it better. But, as a newbie, it's very confusing to find that not everything is as it seems and logically should be.

16. Likes AgentTink liked this post
    Oct 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD! Hurrah
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by WibbleWobble View Post

Wibble x
    Your help was invaluable

Simona Guest

I am utterly appalled at what I am reading....
    I am not on FB but feel like joining just to read for myself what seems to be incredible bullyish behaviour and challenge it! ...these people do not even sound like members but pure trouble makers.....of course without reading the posts it is difficult to judge but I get an idea.
    Do we know them, do we know why they do it?...it has to be stopped and no way admin should be under attack.

I wonder what this type of behaviour does for the reputation of cms who belong to this Forum? if you think about it the FB page reflects this Forum

Should the Forum keep the FB page open when it is becoming very unpleasant and worrying to read about what is going on there on our behalf?
    Do we really need a FB page when there are other mediums that could be used to keep cms informed?
    what is FB achieving that cannot be achieved in this Forum?

Can admin or Richard please sort it out ...once and for all?

I joined LinkedIn recently and I find that medium to be very professional and respectful...
    I doubt any of the members there would tolerate such behaviour but....above all I wonder if any of these bullies would behave in the same manner as they do on FB?...I doubt it

This makes for very sad and worrying reading...and it does nothing for our reputation or professionalism

19. Likes AgentTink, McKenzie liked this post
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

It's not just the FB group Simona. The same arguments happen on this forum as well from time to time. For the majority of the time the group runs smoothly, but every now and again someone will post something that they know will be deleted. Then there's a call to arms, telling everyone to get over to the group and start posting on the thread.

There are many childminding groups on FB and you have to chose the one that suits you at that particular time. If you want to post about petitions, there are groups for that. If you want to post about online systems, there are groups specifically for that. The majority of people know that they're not to be discussed on the forum group, but still do it. Some genuinely do it as they aren't aware of the rules, but other definitely do it to cause trouble.

The group is one of the most heavily censored groups I belong to, but I have no issue with that. In my view, it's the only way to keep it professional, informative and to the point. There are other groups for chit chat, moaning about parents, or discussing petitions and online systems. I think admin do a great job at keeping the group trouble free, but there is no way any group or forum can stop it completely.

21. Likes sarah707 liked this post
    mar06
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mouse View Post

It's a shame you left Pixie Dust.

I really don't want to carry anything on here, but I do think the arguments were exacerbated by members of other groups deliberately trying to stir things up

Totally agree a lot seemed to be and mention other groups
    Seems like they was stirring things up

Sarah and everyone else you do a fab job on behalf of us

Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sarah707 View Post
    I am so sorry you have left the group Pixie Dust. Personally I chose not to read the posts.

There are over 3600 members on the group and a very few decided to attack admin. The majority were supportive of the work we do trying to support, encourage and help them.

I hope you are ok x
    Thanks I am fine thanks, I just decided enough was enough. I think people respect each other and their opinions a lot more on here. The admins do such a good job and I feel in one respect I have jumped ship.
    Pixie Dust

24. Likes sarah707 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

It's not just the FB group Simona. The same arguments happen on this forum as well from time to time. For the majority of the time the group runs smoothly, but every now and again someone will post something that they know will be deleted. Then there's a call to arms, telling everyone to get over to the group and start posting on the thread.

There are many childminding groups on FB and you have to chose the one that suits you at that particular time. If you want to post about petitions, there are groups for that. If you want to post about online systems, there are groups specifically for that. The majority of people know that they're not to be discussed on the forum group, but still do it. Some genuinely do it as they aren't aware of the rules, but other definitely do it to cause trouble.

The group is one of the most heavily censored groups I belong to, but I have no issue with that. In my view, it's the only way to keep it professional, informative and to the point. There are other groups for chit chat, moaning about parents, or discussing petitions and online systems. I think admin do a great job at keeping the group trouble free, but there is no way any group or forum can stop it completely.
    Completely agree with this BUT:

People who have been on here for a long time all know the 'unsaid rules' about starring out. If you don't know the history or background it is very confusing and frustrating to be censored in this way. What you saw last night was NOT trolling (I was online the whole time watching). It was frustration that they felt freedom of speech and right to a valid discussion were compromised. I can see both sides. I am very worried - IT WILL NOT GO AWAY! :-(

26. Likes francinejayne liked this post
    Oct 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    over it ;-)
    Post Thanks / Like

I left the group also. I didnt like the way it was going x I do miss some of the ideas but I didnt need the negativity that was there.

I just felt that I would be gutted if a parent saw some of the conversations on there and wondered whether I was involved x

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SammySplodger View Post
    Completely agree with this BUT:

People who have been on here for a long time all know the 'unsaid rules' about starring out. If you don't know the history or background it is very confusing and frustrating to be censored in this way. What you saw last night was NOT trolling (I was online the whole time watching). It was frustration that they felt freedom of speech and right to a valid discussion were compromised. I can see both sides. I am very worried - IT WILL NOT GO AWAY! :-(
    Did you see the posts on another group inciting people to head over to the IC group to stir things up? Their post is still going on about it this morning.

I agree it will not go away until some people grow up & let things drop. They seem to be getting themselves so frustrated by a group that doesn't offer them what they want, when they all say they are more than happy to post in an alternative group that does allow full freedom of speech. Why would they want to be a member of a heavily censored group if they have a perfectly good alternative that suits their needs better?

I also agree that it must be confusing for new members who don't understand the ins & outs, but if admin had to spend less time sorting out childish squabbles, they'd have more time to explain the rules to the new members.

29. Likes FussyElmo liked this post
    Oct 04
    Post Thanks / Like

For the majority of the time the group runs smoothly, but every now and again someone will post something that they know will be deleted. Then there's a call to arms, telling everyone to get over to the group and start posting on the thread.
    It is this aspect that concerns me the most
    I was (blissfully) unaware of the shenanigans of last night, until I saw a post on my newsfeed 'calling to arms'

As a CM that is looking for advice, business support, legislation information, and discussions regarding my business and how to make it better, I do not appreciate being 'dragged into' the disputes or being 'tarred with a brush' by virtue of the fact that I am a member of particular forums, or several FB groups.

31. Likes Mouse, AgentTink liked this post

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast