Nearly 100 organizations show interest in agencies
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  3
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Simona Guest

Default Nearly 100 organizations show interest in agencies

This article is in PLA Under 5 PLA magazine

It does question the 21 letters against agencies and why the interested parties cannot be disclosed as it would inhibit policy making....oh dear do they really think we would buy that?

https://www.pre-school.org.uk/sector...inder-agencies

Registered Childminder since
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

We have to get letter writing! It's all well and good PLA backing us like this - but we have to send in letters to show DfE the strength of feeling against agencies.

Only 21 letters against agencies my eye! We need hundreds and hundreds of letters to DfE against agencies - thousands even!

Here is a sample letter - I hope you use it to send or to inspire when you write your own -

http://www.childmindinghelp.co.uk/fo...care-plan.html

3. Likes N/A liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sarah707 View Post
    We have to get letter writing! It's all well and good PLA backing us like this - but we have to send in letters to show DfE the strength of feeling against agencies.

Only 21 letters against agencies my eye! We need hundreds and hundreds of letters to DfE against agencies - thousands even!

Here is a sample letter - I hope you use it to send or to inspire when you write your own -

http://www.childmindinghelp.co.uk/fo...care-plan.html
    Sarah. Sorry to sound completely thick but can we just print this letter off, sign it and send it off. Not v good at letter writing
    How many members are on this forum, how many letters could that potentially be?
    Mandy xx

5. Likes sarah707 liked this post
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by adedwards68 View Post
    Sarah. Sorry to sound completely thick but can we just print this letter off, sign it and send it off. Not v good at letter writing
    How many members are on this forum, how many letters could that potentially be?
    Yes you can do that if you want - it's what I have done!! Just say on a cover note 'I agree with the contents of this letter' and sign it!

7. Likes adedwards68 liked this post
    Apr 92
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sarah707 View Post
    Yes you can do that if you want - it's what I have done!! Just say on a cover note 'I agree with the contents of this letter' and sign it!
    I have been proposed as a consultant to inform research on what childminders think about agencies. I just need to produce a CV now. I will leave out anarchist though!

Mar 90
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

That's great Tunja, what an opportunity

Simona Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Tunja View Post
    I have been proposed as a consultant to inform research on what childminders think about agencies. I just need to produce a CV now. I will leave out anarchist though!
    Well done...are you allowed to say who proposed you?

Cms have objected to agencies from the start, written thousands of letters and emails...now lost in cyberspace, the IPPR report involved1000 cms and 83% are against agencies

Sad this govt is not getting the message but we know Ofsted is driving agencies because of the huge savings in not inspecting agency cms....and also because agencies are self funded, if they fail the govt loses nothing!