Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Registered Childminder since
    may 05
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hectors house View Post
    Have just phoned my LA - I had forms back in January just as MGC hit the fan, so didn't fill them in - they are having a meeting on Wednesday about funding issues and will send me out a new form after the meeting, so will wait to see if it is any easier than the last one!
    Have just received my pack - it is exactly the same as the one I had in January and the covering letter still says "to qualify, you will need to have a minimum of a level 3 in Childcare and Development and your last Ofsted inspection outcome must be good or outstanding"

I do qualify as have got Good inspection and a level 3 - but I thought they couldn't specify the level 3 qualification now - shall I ring them (Somerset county Council) Monday and tell them this?

2. Likes watgem liked this post
    Simona Guest

Quote Originally Posted by hectors house View Post
    Have just received my pack - it is exactly the same as the one I had in January and the covering letter still says "to qualify, you will need to have a minimum of a level 3 in Childcare and Development and your last Ofsted inspection outcome must be good or outstanding"

I do qualify as have got Good inspection and a level 3 - but I thought they couldn't specify the level 3 qualification now - shall I ring them (Somerset county Council) Monday and tell them this?
    Go to the thread 2, 3 and 4yo funding started by Chatterbox in this section...there you will find the email from the DfE which I posted yesterday

It is very clear in it that Level 3 is not required...i

may 05
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Simona View Post
    Go to the thread 2, 3 and 4yo funding started by Chatterbox in this section...there you will find the email from the DfE which I posted yesterday

It is very clear in it that Level 3 is not required...i
    Thank you Simona - I have already burned my boats probably by e-mailing them big chunks of that post - I said "I understand your department had a meeting about the new guidelines surrounding Early Years Entitlement last week and I fully expected to receive a pack that had been updated to reflect these changes.

Please reply as soon as possible as I would like to include your answers in my letters to Ms Truss, Nick Clegg, Ofsted and my local MP, who I am writing to to argue against the formation of Agencies and I also wish to feedback information to our newly formed "Independent childminding network".

Not sure I even want to do the funding now but I will do my best to make sure the local authorities play by the rules for others and start to realise that we do actually know what the rules are!

5. Likes watgem liked this post
    may 05
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Had a reply from Somerset County council

"You are correct in your observations and quotes from the most recent guidance documents; this comes into place from September 2013 so our information will not be completely updated until this comes into force. Providers will be able to apply to go on to our directory based upon their Ofsted outcome and our Code Of Practice consultation will be out shortly on line. The guidance only states ‘should’ and not ‘must’ as it is not yet legislation.

You are correct in your observation that there is no specific mention of childminders in the guidance that comes into force in September 2013 and we are also taking providers to mean all providers including childminders. We have been awaiting clarification around whether a childminder would be required to have a level 3. We have no hesitation around providers (including childminders) that have good and outstanding, however we are concerned about providers who have received a satisfactory and are not secure in their knowledge of the EYFS. I have calls in with both the DfE and with Ofsted. It has also been a regional topic at LA meetings. What we do not want to do is remove the requirement only to find later that it is reintroduced and we will then have to cease funding satisfactory childminders or group settings which will cause disruption to children and parents. As you are aware it is a requirement for group settings that a percentage of staff are qualified. Once clarification has been received then we will be happy to amend in line with regulations.

There is conflicting guidance we feel because all research points to the importance of the quality of the leadership and qualifications on children’s attainment and readiness for school. The judgement ‘Satisfactory’ will be replaced with ‘Required to Improve’ and this raises questions- If a child receives their full entitlement in a provision that is only satisfactory (Required to improve) are they getting the best possible start? We would welcome your input and discussion around this at your Independent Childcare Network meeting. We are wanting the best possible start for children and their families.

The application pack has been amended to take out the requirement for an Early Years Adviser to complete an assessment of the setting before the setting is registered and so has changed.

Please complete the application that you were sent and once verification has been made of your Ofsted certificate and grade you will be entered on to our directory."

Wow so looks like I only have to complete the 6 page form which is mostly name, address, opening hours, fees, capacity (and lots of it applies to Nurseries so I don't have to complete eg: staff) send them my fees policy, my prospectus which needs to include reference to EYFS (so hoping my simple info leaflet that I give parents after they visit will do), copy of Ofsted reg certificate and copy of level 3 certificate (which you and I know they shouldn't be asking for - but aparently they are still awaiting clarification!) and if I am approved then I go on the directory of providers!

7. Likes Bambini2 liked this post
    Simona Guest

Show your LA this article....hope the message is clear now

Exclusive: The Minister's View - Shaping more affordable childcare | Nursery World

I do agree that those who are satisfactory should not be funded but at the moment 'satisfactory' does not mean 'requires improvement' ..it means they are meeting the standards satisfactorily

Good luck and keep us posted

Apr 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

As I mentioned previously I passed on this information to other local childminders - one of them contacted our local Noel Quinn development worker and my friend said that the development worker basically said, 'it's been talked about but nothing official yet.'

How official does it need to be?!

Simona Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Bluelion View Post
    As I mentioned previously I passed on this information to other local childminders - one of them contacted our local Noel Quinn development worker and my friend said that the development worker basically said, 'it's been talked about but nothing official yet.'

How official does it need to be?!
    How strange that when it comes to the EYFS ALL LAs understand the meaning of 'statutory framework'...in other words 'LEGAL'
    More worrying is why the Statutory Guidance to the LAs regarding funding somehow takes a different meaning to them...
    Very selective indeed!...
    we need a Plan B...this cannot go on, the only suggestion I can offer is that if you are keen to access the funding the only way is to address your concerns directly to the DfE ..email your opinions to ministers@education.gsi.gov.uk

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234