Likes Likes:  34
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Registered Childminder since
    Sept 13
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I've got it! MP's should roll their sleeves up and get down to their local schools to run these wonderful sleepovers! It would certainly help us swallow the bitter pill that is their 12% pay increase and might give them the slightest clue what it's like to actually to be at the sharp end of one of these ingenious proposals.

Truss and Gove could definitely do with a spot of work experience....

Nov 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Emra81 View Post
    I've got it! MP's should roll their sleeves up and get down to their local schools to run these wonderful sleepovers! It would certainly help us swallow the bitter pill that is their 12% pay increase and might give them the slightest clue what it's like to actually to be at the sharp end of one of these ingenious proposals.

Truss and Gove could definitely do with a spot of work experience....
    Love this^^^

The vision of children sleeping out on the floor of a school hall puts me in mind of the sort of 'emergency accommodation' the authorities set up in the wake of a disaster.

A more comfortable solution would be to let the children sleep in the local MP's empty constituency home, whilst said MP is living it up in their taxpayer-funded Kensington penthouse suite. They'd probably even have a spare au pair kicking about to provide the childcare.

Simona Guest

How about thinking a positive strategy regarding this matter?
    I hope cms have understood that More Affordable Childcare may see the end of a service cms have offered for over 30 years? and is the beginning of deregulation for some services?

Without the school children we will be left with just babies up to the age of 2 and then nothing...this in turn will mean we will have to raise our fees in order to sustain our businesses...many established cms may give up but this is probably what the govt wants...less of us and more agency cms to replace us?

Many schools will not have the facilities to offer sleepover let alone find 'suitable people' willing to work nights
    many schools may not be willing to open during the half term/summer holidays as parents may not want to run these clubs so they may turn to cms...something very clear in MAC

Pacey have responded on this by stating that cms may be forced to change their status and pay...meaning we will become employees in a holiday/after school club?

Maybe the solution is to engage with schools and make then aware that cms can be registered for overnight care and do holiday cover?

Things are changing in September and we have very few weeks in which to act

Yes some parents will not choose a school for cover and continue using cms but the attraction of lower fees will be very appealing to them with little red tape and paperwork...

Food for thought!!

Ex CM
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Non childminder member
    01/01/09
    Post Thanks / Like

Pity you can't become a self employed nanny. I would do that in a flash!
    Need a laugh? Visit my website: www.unclegargy.deviantART.com

Post Thanks / Like

Ripeberry - you can?!

Nov 05
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ripeberry View Post
    I know a lady who is self employed as a nanny

Sarah x
    Sarah, Bumble Beez x x

7. Likes Ripeberry liked this post
    Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by oxfordshirecm View Post
    Yep that's how I read it

Sounds more like a boarding school can't see how it would work

Also wouldn't it cost lots to set up- same sex dormitories staffing to look after the children etc - who would pay for that?
    Well if they did it from 2 to 18 they wouldn't need to pay any free funded places, no tax credits for childcare, no childcare vouchers, no child benefit, no childminders, no Day Nurseries so that would pay for it.

Mind you Unemployment would go up but some of those would get jobs in these new Boarding Schools. It would be cheaper for parents because state school is free they would have no food etc apart from the short school holidays, less money spent on clothes because the bulk of the time children would be in school uniform or night clothes, less washing and drying, less heating, less water also less toys etc needed. The government would make sure all parents could have the time off between them to cover the shorter holidays.

Jan12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Wow when you put it like that being a parent sounds like a holiday- can have the best if both worlds- reality I don't think would match up tho

Simona Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Ripeberry View Post
    There are many so called 'self employed nannies'...they are not registered and have little or no qualifications in childcare and taking cms business away!!

There is also a campaign to 'regulate' all childcare workers...rather strange as the DfE is at present busy 'deregulating' cms via agencies...don't you think???

This thread has lost the meaning of what the article is really about...read between the lines everyone!

Simona Guest

Quote Originally Posted by bunyip View Post
    Aren't they the ones who assess people for invalidity benefit? One of their Midlands assessment centres is on the first floor, with no lift and they won't allow wheelchairs on the premises...................... which I guess fulfils their target in cutting the number of applicants.
    And here is the proof SERCO are circling around ...

Social services for vulnerable children in England to be privatised

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123