photographs on facebook ?
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default photographs on facebook ?

I generally send photos of the children to the parents during the day, but its costing me too much on my phone bill. I asked one of the parents if I could send them to her via email but she says she never looks at her emails and could i put them on facebook, I have been friends with her before minding her LO so am a facebook friend, just very unsure of putting photos of other peoples children on there, even if I did get her to sign something. What would you do? she does not have a laptop or pc so I cant give her them on a disc or memory stick, and can't afford to be printing them all off. Be interested to know your thoughts

~Chelle~ Guest

You can put them into folder that only the parent can see, you just need to change the privacy option on the folder x

Registered Childminder since
    May 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I personally don't put photos of the lo's while they are in my care on facebook, I know a CM who does and got questioned on it by Ofsted, she claimed to put a security tag on them so that only the parents can see them but she hasn't!
    I just worry about other people seeing them either through 'friends of friends' or because the parents don't have the right security on their photo albums, you never know who could be looking at them, a sad thought but the way it is!

Jan 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I have a blog page on facebook for childminding. Photos are never directly of the child only of them taking part in an activity. I have permission from the parents to do this and they find it useful to see what's happening because quite often they work away or are busy and they can pop on and have a look through there mobile or work connection.

C x

Oct 03
    Post Thanks / Like

I put all the photos on my lap top in seperate folders, one for each child then copy them to a blank disk and give to parents every few months.
    I personally wouldn't put them on facebook

Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

This parent has not got a laptop or pc to look at them on a disc

Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I would just print a few occasionally on top of the ones in the LJ. I think we get a bit obsessed with photos now we have digital cameras and computers.

n the 'old' days when we had reels of film and had to get all our photos developed my parents prob only got a 12 a year because I didn't take nearly as many as I do now because of the cost and time it took.

I have just sent 200 photos to Kodak and it has cost £18. 17 years ago it would have cost about £35 for this many and I was earning a quarter of what I am now.

I am not on Facebook but would never use it for work if I was and never put cm photos because they are never 100% secure.

Jul 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

Mst dvd players now can read from cd's. So may be an idea to put them on to a cd and try that.

Feb 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

I've done this. I set up photo albums so that only I and the parent can see, and I've told them that they must not let anyone else see them e.g. by tagging themselves or family members in them or posting them to their own profiles (although it may be that my privacy settings make this impossible anyway)

Oct 03
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by *daisychain* View Post
    This parent has not got a laptop or pc to look at them on a disc
    She could print them off in a photo shop or view them there

Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kel1983 View Post
    Mst dvd players now can read from cd's. So may be an idea to put them on to a cd and try that.
    Never thought of that, Thanks, i shall do this. Thank you for all your opinions

June 11
    Post Thanks / Like

We have a members only website where I can upload my albums and share them with parents and my family (pics of my kids) anyone can register and request being a member but if they are not family and we havent been told about them we decline their request so we know everyone who is a member, plus they can also upload their pictures also.

Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I keep mine in a folder and make a copy of them all on cd at xmas. Gives them a year that they can view in a slide show
    Debbie

Aug 10
    Post Thanks / Like

I look after my friend's daughter and I have put a couple of photos of her on facebook in the past when I've taken a really nice one of her with DS for example.

I don't really see any difference between taking a photo of her and DS on a Thursday when I'm working and taking a photo of her on a Saturday when I'm not working.

I wouldn't do it if I wasn't close friends with mum though.