PERSONAL DETAILS: NOW WORRIED
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    VINASOL Guest

Default PERSONAL DETAILS: NOW WORRIED

Over the past few weeks I have been getting calls all day and into late evening from two companies asking for someone who is not me. I have told them that they have got the wrong number but still they phone. I have threatened Harrassment charges...still they ring.

one company is CapQuest and the other QuickQuid (the number is American??). Anyways, I decided to type my phone number into google and low and behold my full name, says that I am a registered childminder and gives my EY number.

This really does concern me so I will change my details with CFIS to put in a new mobile number and no email address....my phone company (sky) can block this number at a charge of £3.50 per month - or they can change my phone number - I want neither.

I am finding this all very scary...

Registered Childminder since
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Are you registered with the 'Telephone Preference Service ' ? Might be worth looking into.

http://www.dmaconsumers.org/offtelephonelist.html

Apr 09
    Post Thanks / Like

I was going to say TPS - I don't get any cold callers. You can register on the Mail preference service as well to stop unwanted junk mail.
    triangle sandwiches are better than square ones...

VINASOL Guest

The problem is that it is not a cold caller. A man by the name of xx has GIVEN our number out instead of HIS real number who has gone around BORROWING money from all sorts and now these companies want it back and are phoning us DAILY!!!

(p.s. and yes registered witih TPS and have been for years)
    Last edited by sarah707; 15-02-2012 at 07:44 PM. Reason: Removed name for confidentiality

Apr 09
    Post Thanks / Like

in that position I ould change your phone number
    triangle sandwiches are better than square ones...

May 09
    Post Thanks / Like

Aww hun what a nightmare, I was going to say about the telephone preference service because if you get a cold call and you then say that you are registered with the tps they soon hang up!!! I usually let them waffle on a bit before I say anything though hope it soon gets sorted for you xx
    Is it Friday yet?

VINASOL Guest

i wish it were just cold calls (although do get some ocassionally), but it isn't...it's made me really really paranoid now and i think i will have to report it to the police if it happens again although have already threatened the American caller but to little affect!

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

report it to the police if it's getting scary. Hopefully they will have some advice xx

mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

I would change your number hun.

My oh googled my name last week and ALL of my details came up, including my FULL ADDRESS!!!!

OCT 97
    Post Thanks / Like

Just put of interest, did you return the letter to ofsted giving them permission to publish your details on their site?

Feb o7
    Post Thanks / Like

Vinasol, have tried to pm you. If you pm me I can prob help. PM'S not being allowed?
    Husband is debt collector!
    What he doesn't know about debt isn't worth knowing!

VINASOL Guest

Quote Originally Posted by peppa Pig View Post
    Just put of interest, did you return the letter to ofsted giving them permission to publish your details on their site?
    No I didn't return the form and I didn't give permission. I think is completely wrong; a safeguarding issue.

For example,I had an enquiry the other week/month from a dad who wanted me to look after their children whose mum had been neglecting them....the kids would tell mum (on supervisesd visits) that they had a CM...wouldn't take mum long to find me using the 'new' system via Ofsted and cause a whole heap of trouble.

Not to mention other unsavoury characters.It's a big mistake.

VINASOL Guest

perhaps my mailbox is full..will delete just in case and check my permissions.

But positive update. After threatening legal action I haven't had the usual phone calls, although one number does call but no-one is there. I've decided to leave it a while (as I'm logging calls) to use if needed.

Post Thanks / Like

I had a similar issue and it drove me nuts. I sent the debt collection agent an LBA and it stopped, but within a matter of months, I started to get calls from a different debt collection agency for the same person and it went on like that for ages, going round and round alll different debt collection agents. Then a funeral director moved from another district into mine. Their new number is very similar to mine, so as well as the debt collection agents, I started getting calls sometimes in the middle of the night asking me to collect bodies from hospital morgues, nursing homes etc. In the end I invested in a truecall unit and finally I got peace! Pricey but worth it.

Sept 08
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi just googled my number and my name has come up with my opening time

with a company I have never heard off not sure if I can put name on here

Ellen x