This morning at the school we drop to and collect from a mother has been hit by a lorry. She ran into the road to push a child out of the way.

This has happened at the main road leading into the school where there was lots of childrens and their carers arriving for school.

My co-minder did the drop off this morning and said they held back from the scene so the children didnt witness the accident. Once the scene had been shielded form view they continued into school.

How horrible this has been for the people involved and all those witnessed. Not sure how the children are going to cope as I'm sure atleast 80% of the school is going to know what has happened.

This has made me wanna make sure even more now though that the children I collect and drop off hold my hand or the pushchair. Its pretty scary just to think about it. I hope also that the local council will rethink about the safety of children around the entrance to the school. Funding was dropped for a lollypop lady. The school is in a close and it isnt obvious there is a school there at all. I also hope road safety is taught in schools so that something like this can maybe prevented in the future.