its like busses!!
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Aug '11
    Post Thanks / Like

Default its like busses!!

for the last 4 months I've been wondering if CMing was actually going to ever pay a decent wage, I've had 1 2 yo 1 day a week and a 6yo for an hour and a bit before and after school.
    These last 2 weeks I've had serious "should I just get a job" thoughts...

then this week I've got a 3 yo starting 1 day a week before and after pre school, a mum with a 2yo, 4yo and 6yo wanting 3-4 days for the 2yo same for 4yo until easter and school holdays for all 3, og and a school mum wanting before and after for her boys aged 5 and 9 of and a mum with a 1 yo desperatly after a job

Now scratching my head if I can actually fit them all in! nice way to be at last just hope they all come through

So to anyone just starting out thinking the same thoughts of wil it ever... yes it probably will!

oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

well done

i was the same when i moved, had even spent an evening looking at possible jobs and decided i fancied a change of career into catering! ( LOL not that much of a change ) then the next few days, the phone kept ringing.

xxx

May 09
    Post Thanks / Like

Yep, I am busier than I have ever been I have employed an assistant 3 days a week and we have 5 los on those days and the phone keeps ringing

It is fantastic I really hope it is the same everywhere xx
    Is it Friday yet?

Post Thanks / Like

Well done! Hope you can fit them all in

Miffy xx
    Keep smiling!

sept 09
    Post Thanks / Like

Yep we have had 12 enquiries in 3 weeks and filled all the spare slots that we had. We could have easily replaced all 6 of our daily spaces had we wanted to (tempting with a couple lol).

We have now decided to run a waiting list.
    Hope it picks up for everyone x

Dec 09
    Post Thanks / Like

Well done thats fab

Hope you can sort them all out!

Im going to be busy busy too all of a sudden
    XX Jill XX

Jun 11
    Post Thanks / Like

Yep! This job is so up and down! I've only been doing it 7 months and I've had comings and goings all over the place! Unless I end up with children that are set to stay put, I'll seriously think about getting a job when lo goes to school!

Post Thanks / Like

It's odd isn't it. I have got very quiet for the first time in 8 years. I just started to consider advertising when 2 of the parents increased by a extra day, which has just made it "nice". I don't think I want to be really full again for a while

July07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Excellent

I went from Nov10-Aug11 without 1 single phonecall. I had 1 leave for school and was left with just a 2.5yr old 4 days a week plus my schoolies.

Since Sept Ive had 5 new children (had to start working fridays though, which is not too bad)
    And Ive had 3 more phonecalls over the last week..so strange how its so up and down