Suspended childminder-help!
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Registered Childminder since
    Apri 00
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks again all of you for your kind words.

Babycat, yes, the depression was whilst I was minding, but I took time out to get back on track. Apparently you have to inform OFSTED of ANYTHING that affects your 'suitability' so if I developed a bad back(an example given by the Compliance officer that visited)-tell Ofsted, require glasses-tell Ofsted, basically its quite vague what you need to tell them. but the rule seems to be if in doubt-tell Ofsted!!

And no, the incident is not related to my health, but I think the mere fact its been flagged means it has to be investigated. It's been a revelation to me, just how many childminders that I know personally, who have either been on anti-depressants or are currently on them, but have not told Ofsted as they see it as a medical condition they have addressed and sought help with and therefore not necessary to report to Ofsted. I'm sure there are many more childminders out there in that same position and the result of informing Ofsted could possibly be having your 'suitability' questioned and going through heatlth declarations etc..just what you need if you are feeling down!
    Funnily enough when I had to report a parent to social services for abusing their child, I informed Ofsted and they werent interested because the incident hadnt occurred whilst in my care, although they did subsequently give me an 'outstanding' grade for safeguarding in my inspection!!!

PixiePetal, Im glad your story has a happy ending and yeah I can relate to the feeling of hopelessness and estrangement from normal childminding activites, I attended a few groups during the day with my mindees, I totally feel 'out of the loop' and if things are sorted, I think its going to feel strange trying to get back to normal.

Elly, your friend's story sounds familiar to mine, I happy for her, that things worked out and hope things are sorted for me too.

Ive looked up the amount of childminders who have had registrations cancelled in the past and each year the figure is 7 or less in comparison to treble figures who resign after allegations/investigations. So I'm gonna hang on in there and really hope I'm not one of this year's 7!!!

And yeah the ex is a nasty piece of work, he always hated me minding. He disliked the fact that I at times earned more than him and that I'd built up a successful business and remained in the marital home and earnt enough for myself and our children to live comfortably, without me ever asking for his help (other than the CSA which he begrudges paying). And more so, he hated that I was happy.

Oct 11.
    Latest Inspection Grade
    x Good x
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by annie09 View Post
    Thanks again all of you for your kind words.

Babycat, yes, the depression was whilst I was minding, but I took time out to get back on track. Apparently you have to inform OFSTED of ANYTHING that affects your 'suitability' so if I developed a bad back(an example given by the Compliance officer that visited)-tell Ofsted, require glasses-tell Ofsted, basically its quite vague what you need to tell them. but the rule seems to be if in doubt-tell Ofsted!!

And no, the incident is not related to my health, but I think the mere fact its been flagged means it has to be investigated. It's been a revelation to me, just how many childminders that I know personally, who have either been on anti-depressants or are currently on them, but have not told Ofsted as they see it as a medical condition they have addressed and sought help with and therefore not necessary to report to Ofsted. I'm sure there are many more childminders out there in that same position and the result of informing Ofsted could possibly be having your 'suitability' questioned and going through heatlth declarations etc..just what you need if you are feeling down!
    Funnily enough when I had to report a parent to social services for abusing their child, I informed Ofsted and they werent interested because the incident hadnt occurred whilst in my care, although they did subsequently give me an 'outstanding' grade for safeguarding in my inspection!!!

PixiePetal, Im glad your story has a happy ending and yeah I can relate to the feeling of hopelessness and estrangement from normal childminding activites, I attended a few groups during the day with my mindees, I totally feel 'out of the loop' and if things are sorted, I think its going to feel strange trying to get back to normal.

Elly, your friend's story sounds familiar to mine, I happy for her, that things worked out and hope things are sorted for me too.

Ive looked up the amount of childminders who have had registrations cancelled in the past and each year the figure is 7 or less in comparison to treble figures who resign after allegations/investigations. So I'm gonna hang on in there and really hope I'm not one of this year's 7!!!

And yeah the ex is a nasty piece of work, he always hated me minding. He disliked the fact that I at times earned more than him and that I'd built up a successful business and remained in the marital home and earnt enough for myself and our children to live comfortably, without me ever asking for his help (other than the CSA which he begrudges paying). And more so, he hated that I was happy.
    Depression comes in all shapes and forms, it effects everyone at some point in life, as to whether you realize you have it or not is another story.
    Just because people are depressed does not mean they neglect or abuse children. Its stupid it really is.
    Well if ofsted want to know everything ill ring them Monday, Ill inform them i have a cold and then ring to update every time I sneeze! thelot of them
    You can’t have everything. Where would you put it?

may 01
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

So sorry to hear of your ordeal
    Sending you hugs for a speedy resolution.
    Chin up, you know the score and Ofsted will surely see all is ok.
    Carol xx

Mar 11
    Post Thanks / Like

I am so sorry for what you are going through, and I hope this can be resolved soon.
    It makes me so angry that your ex's personal grudge against you is causing him to undermine your livelihood, so indirectly punishing your daughter as well as you. It's really going to help your daughter to live in an uncertain financial environment, with a mother who's worried sick and unable to work, isn't it? You are ten times the parent he is because you are the one doing the tough job of parenting single-handedly and you actually care enough to try to discipline and protect your daughter from harm. Seems like your daughter realises this even at her young age.
    Best of luck x x

Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I know of one case that NCMA are active in. Maybe take out membership with them and then ask for advice
    Debbie

mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh hun, I cant imagine how your feeling but I hope it gets sorted as soon as possible. Sending love and hugs.

Oct 08
    Post Thanks / Like

I can't offer any relevant experience or advice, but my thoughts are with you and I hope all this trouble passes soon.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12