Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345
    Registered Childminder since
    Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mouse View Post
    lol! That really made me laugh

I take it you don't live in a household with 4 teenage boys? When you do, come back and tell me that one bath towel will last a whole week and you'd happily jump in a bath of water after they'd all be in

I admire your thrift, but prefer my nice, fresh, fluffy towels

Oh I feel bad now. I have a teenage son and he has one bath towel and hand towel a week the same as the rest of us. Never occur red to me to change them any more frequently and certainly not every day.

onceinabluemoon Guest

I know! All I did was ask if anyone had any recommendations for reusable wipes?
    haha seems to be quite a controversial subject...

I'm thinking that the peeps who find poopy wipes disgusting could just use them for faces and hands... or carry on using paper wipes as they please.

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rickysmiths View Post
    Oh I feel bad now. I have a teenage son and he has one bath towel and hand towel a week the same as the rest of us. Never occur red to me to change them any more frequently and certainly not every day.
    It's all tongue in cheek, Rickysmiths, and I wouldn't dream of wanting to make someone feel bad about what they do. I say, if it works for you & your family, then it's perfect for you

It made me laugh that the other poster was judging my family based on a light hearted post ... and without having any experience of my teenage boys

Oct 05
    Post Thanks / Like

I use reusable nappies & washable wipes on my son & also did on my daughter but she has just potty trained, with both of them in cloth I did an extra wash every other day of these but its only every 3 days with 1!

I also use washable wipes for face/hands for my own 2 & they go into a separate wet bag & are washed with the towels or sheets so no extra washing at all!

As for mindees they bring their on wipes which are labled & put on the table for use with them, I don't really want to have pay out for mindees wipes! They obv bring thier own nappies which are then doulbe bagged & put into a wet bag to contain the smell & returned home with them each day!

We are only allowed to fill one whelly bin every other week of rubbish & they wont take any extra bags so this helps us not to go over! However if you think of the amount of money & land fill I'm saving it can't be a bad thing!

Apr 12
    Post Thanks / Like

I have read this thread with interest. There's a child in the family with very, very sensitive skin and the only wipes which don't bother her skin are Huggie Pure (packaging states they're as gentle as water).

I love the idea of Cheeky Wipes. I'd certainly use them for hands and faces but I'm unsure about poo. I may be being over the top I don't know, but I'm not sure I'd want the poo-y wipes being washed around with my towels and I wouldn't want to do a seperate load just to wash wipes. Is there away around it? Because I do like the sound of these!

Aug 01
    Post Thanks / Like

When my work picks up and have got a bit of spare cash, I am going to invest in some (not sure which ones are best and am still looking on the internet. Parents supply their own baby wipes but I am thinking his will be better for hands and faces and will save me on bowls of water in the kitchen or lots of trips to the upstairs bathroom just for simple hand/face wash if i have these handy.
    I am quite interested in the bamboo ones as they are supposed to be softer for little faces

There are so many websites selling them and various prices and fabrics used I am a bit confused of which ones to get.

july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Well I did 6 loads of washing yesterday and will have 2 today and I dont have teenagers in the house -yet. But there are 6 of us and I do have mud magnets actually it might be 3 washes just been the park and our muddy coats now need doing.

As for the wipes I like the thought of them in theory but there are expensive to start with ( I know you will save it eventually) and I have no babies in the house so dont go through wipes as much anymore
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

Oct 05
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by solly View Post
    When my work picks up and have got a bit of spare cash, I am going to invest in some (not sure which ones are best and am still looking on the internet. Parents supply their own baby wipes but I am thinking his will be better for hands and faces and will save me on bowls of water in the kitchen or lots of trips to the upstairs bathroom just for simple hand/face wash if i have these handy.
    I am quite interested in the bamboo ones as they are supposed to be softer for little faces

There are so many websites selling them and various prices and fabrics used I am a bit confused of which ones to get.
    I use double sided wipes, bamboo terry/fleece for bums, the bamboo is great for wiping & then fold & use the fleece side to dry. I then use bamboo terry/bamboo velver for hands/faces as the terry is great for sticky tough to remove food & the velver is smoother for if they have a sore patch etc!
    This also helps to keep then seperate!

Aug 01
    Post Thanks / Like

Muffins
    Do you use cheeky wipes or do you get them from somewhere else. I like the idea of the kit but could probably do it cheaper using plastic boxes that are seal tight. There are so many places that do them but its knowing where is best to get them

sept 09
    Post Thanks / Like

lol! That really made me laugh

I take it you don't live in a household with 4 teenage boys? When you do, come back and tell me that one bath towel will last a whole week and you'd happily jump in a bath of water after they'd all be in

I admire your thrift, but prefer my nice, fresh, fluffy towels
    i am also killing myself laughing at the "are you insane?"
    yes, mouse IS insane but that is by the by!
    What's for you, wont pass by you

onceinabluemoon Guest

Muffins
    Do you use cheeky wipes or do you get them from somewhere else. I like the idea of the kit but could probably do it cheaper using plastic boxes that are seal tight. There are so many places that do them but its knowing where is best to get them
    Sorry I'm not Muffins. You can buy the wipes separately (and all the other component parts) hope that helps

http://www.cheekywipes.com/cloth-baby-wipes

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tinglesnark View Post
    i am also killing myself laughing at the "are you insane?"
    yes, mouse IS insane but that is by the by!
    I thought I hid it well

LOOPYLISA Guest

Hubby has my bath after me, im not dirty shower every morning too but have to have a nice bath at night

We used to have one together when we had a corner bath

And as for fresh clean fluffy towles, yes please

sep-09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Just out of intrest do the parents of the mindees also use reuseable nappies? Just wondering as Ive not found any parents that do yet but not sure if thats something they only do when they are with you?

onceinabluemoon Guest

Quote Originally Posted by chez View Post
    Just out of intrest do the parents of the mindees also use reuseable nappies? Just wondering as Ive not found any parents that do yet but not sure if thats something they only do when they are with you?
    I can't answer for everybody else obviously, but no, none of my parents use cloth nappies. All the LOs come in disposables and all go home in one. I offer a cloth nappy service because with 3 full time babies in nappies I had 15 nappies (or more!) a day put in my bin, thats 75 a week and 150 a fortnight. Can you imagine how bad my bin smelt after a fortnight? Even triple bagging the horrid things didn't work! Not only did it stink but that many nappies half filled it leaving little room for our household rubbish. We only have 140 L bins here not the normal 240L size ones and cannot put out any extra rubbish (well, we can put it out but they won't take it.)

Parents often say things like "I was thinking about using cloth nappies but..." but all are happy to use my (free) nappy service.

Oct 05
    Post Thanks / Like

Muffins
    No cheeky wipes are only single sided (1 piece of material) I use http://loobylus.co.uk/category.php?id_category=13

http://weenotions.co.uk/index.php?ma...irhhbeggk6acj7

http://lusciouslittlesomethings.bigc...ct/cloth-wipes

But not always the ones in stock/advertised if you mail any of them they will make you wipes in whatever size and material you want! They are all WAHM's and I try to support WAHM's whenever I can!

Oct 05
    Post Thanks / Like

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345