Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Registered Childminder since
    Jan 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

I had one interview during which my then 5 year old was an absolute horror I was really mortified and at one point I said excuse me to the parent and put DD over my shoulder, kicking and screaming and carried her upstairs to calm down. I texted the parent that evening to thank her for meeting me and to apologise for my DD's behaviour and the parent returned to me to say that she was impressed with how I handled the situation and she would very much like me to look after her children. So it doesn't always follow that if your children play up then parents won't choose you. I went on to have this child for two years!

Sept 09
    Post Thanks / Like

hmmmm - i agree I think your children should be seen by clients too. And as Beetlejuice has pointed out, they can see how you deal with situations as they arise.

Last week had a potential client round (I had dd and 2 mindees as well!!) and i was so busy I found it hard to talk, but when the babies started crying and dd wanted a cuddle, they were so impressed at how I handled it, they're coming to me in Feb!!!
    Marnie x

sep2011
    Post Thanks / Like

I posted on here a few weeks ago saying about my sons behaviour. He is 3. He is horrendous when parents look round and when they drop or pick up. Start with a new mindee tomorrow, so we have just made a sticker chart for him, he helped with his favourite character on. See if that works.
    Am hoping as time goes on he will become better.

Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm so glad that it's not just my DS !
    At 18 months he is having MAJOR tantrums. I have teenage twins that I brought up as a single parent that were no trouble . I had worked in a school for 10 years and dealt with all kinds of behaviour, not a problem. My husband used to call me super nanny! untill my boy arrived!! omg, as gorgeous as he is , he can throw the collosal tantrums, usually when parents are dropping the children off I have had a parent yeasterday telling me that her daughter is now doing a scream that mimics my Ds !

Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Non childminder member
    Cheshire
    Post Thanks / Like

My 2 and a half year old has started with his. When I have visits she is climbing all over me and shouting mummy at me and sometimes putting her hands on my head and turning my face to her! I try to put things out for her stuff she hasn't played with for a while and some activities which has helped a bit but she still does it sometimes not as bad.

But she has started doing it when we are out at the local library for story time she will shout stop! while a story is being read or try to hit me. I've ignoring this and its usually triggered when I tell her not to do something.

Not sure what to do next!

If i ignore it wont it make it worse? we do time out in the corner if it does get bad but im worried if I do it while out people think bad of me and see im a childminder and even report me.

I haven't got a firm voice as I am quiet person but I do try the look.

Jan 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    OUTSTANDING
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by beachgirl29 View Post
    My 2 and a half year old has started with his. When I have visits she is climbing all over me and shouting mummy at me and sometimes putting her hands on my head and turning my face to her! I try to put things out for her stuff she hasn't played with for a while and some activities which has helped a bit but she still does it sometimes not as bad.

But she has started doing it when we are out at the local library for story time she will shout stop! while a story is being read or try to hit me. I've ignoring this and its usually triggered when I tell her not to do something.

Not sure what to do next!

If i ignore it wont it make it worse? we do time out in the corner if it does get bad but im worried if I do it while out people think bad of me and see im a childminder and even report me.

I haven't got a firm voice as I am quiet person but I do try the look.

she is a tinker! i will give you some lessons on "the look"! lol Seriously though.....let me know and i will have her for that time..she darent misbehave when she is with Aunty Mandy!!!!

mandy xx
    The bats have left the bell tower.....

Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Non childminder member
    Cheshire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by parsleypetal View Post
    she is a tinker! i will give you some lessons on "the look"! lol Seriously though.....let me know and i will have her for that time..she darent misbehave when she is with Aunty Mandy!!!!

mandy xx
    Thanks hun xxxx She can be lovely and when its just me and other kids shes wonderful but new people or sing song time seems to be bad times :-(

Jan 06
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE=***suz***;1018481]snap. my son is now 4 1/2 and at school thank the lord

ive lost parents because of him being crazy. one time he took the ladies car key and wouldnt tell her where they were till she left her baby with us, omg i could have killed him. she did sign the contracts but then decided not to go back to work hmmmmm wonder why lol.

I know it's wrong but this really made me giggle! My own ds is 5 and is now at school, praise the lord a thousand times over! When he was about 2.5 i had a family come to visit they had a 4 year old girl and an eight month baby. Anyway while we were cooing over the baby the little girl started howling. We all turned round pronto and her mum said 'whats the matter?' to which she replied he (ds) hit me! I said 'did you hit *****?' he promptly replied 'yes i did! with this!' he then proudly held aloft a very hard + large plastic character from the night garden!!! I nearly died Anyway to cut a long story short they were very impressed with his honesty and signed up straight away. i worked for them with no problems for a coupe of years until the mum was made redundant and we are still in regular contact.

I often have to threaten him in my special quiet but furious voice when the little ones are about to go home in the evenings!

I think its quite reassuring for parents to see you dealing with undesirable behaviour, well thats what i tell myself anyway!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12