Feb 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Non childminder member
    13/03/11
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Assistants

Hi

I'm looking at taking on an assistant for very rare occasions. I have a friend that used to be a childminder herself that has offered to do it. She has offered to do it voluntary as it would only be very rare occasions to help with new mindees parents meetings at work. Maybe once a month. Does anyone know if she can it voluntary? If not then i will still do it and pay her so that's not an issue. She will primarily be here to just watch my daughter whilst i concentrate on mindees.

And what do I need to do to register an assistant? Never looked at doinf it before so dont know where to start.

Thanks in advance

Jac xx

BuggsieMoo Guest

Jackie
    Dave is registered as my assistant. All I had to do was fill in a form from Ofsted and Dave has to hold a current first aid cert (which he got) He was added prior to this, but could not be left alone with mindees until he had the cert. I then needed written permission from parents that they were in agreement with him providing care. The payment side of things is up to you - I dont pay Dave for instance as it is on an adhoc basis. It now states on my cert that children can be left with an assistant for periods of time as long as the EYFS is continuing to be met.
    Hope that helps
    Lisa

Registered Childminder since
    Feb 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Non childminder member
    13/03/11
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LMHALL View Post
    Jackie
    Dave is registered as my assistant. All I had to do was fill in a form from Ofsted and Dave has to hold a current first aid cert (which he got) He was added prior to this, but could not be left alone with mindees until he had the cert. I then needed written permission from parents that they were in agreement with him providing care. The payment side of things is up to you - I dont pay Dave for instance as it is on an adhoc basis. It now states on my cert that children can be left with an assistant for periods of time as long as the EYFS is continuing to be met.
    Hope that helps
    Lisa
    Thanks Lisa

What form do I need to fill in do you know?

Thanks

BuggsieMoo Guest

I cant remeber as it was ages ago now but if you give them an email or a call they can email the form across to you. You can fill it in electronically and send it back. This will save you some time.

I would have sent you it as it was on my laptop but it broke and I had to get a new one on the insurance so lost it I am afraid.

Obviously a CRB is needed but as long as your friend has one that was done in the last 2 years through Ofsted then it will not need renewing.

It didn't take long for Dave to be added to my certificate. He was added as soon as the form went back but could only assist not be left along and then as soon as he had his correct first aid they amended this to say he could be left alone with the mindees.

I also phoned my insurance company re being insured with/for Dave to provide care. I didnt need to pay any extra with Dave through Morton Michel. Depends on who you are insured by as you may need to.

Good luck.

Aug 11
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi

I'm just registering my sister as my assistant on a voluenteer basis.

I filled out this form http://childmindinghelp.co.uk/freere...s/ey2form.html

Ofsted then send you the CRB form to be filled in and returned to them. thats as far as we've got!

X

Feb 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Non childminder member
    13/03/11
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks all for your help,. am in the process of going through paperwork now

Jac xx

dec 03
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

I've got all my family registered , mainly for ratio reasons , but they don't get paid , well not money anyway
    H4H supporter 'per mare per terram'