Anyone use a steam mop?
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  6
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Steam Mop

Quote Originally Posted by Jelly Baby View Post
    I bought one a couple of weeks ago and have to say i thought it would be a gimmick but its great! We have a big downstairs and it is all laminate or vinyl with the downstairs bathroom and it does a really good job. It was £35 down from £65 and its a Beldray one. I think the amount you spend on mop heads and cleaning fluids it pays for its self.
    I got mine for £65 down from £99. Never thought a mop would change my life so much lol

Got it online and it got delivered in 2 days. Have been using it daily since I can't stand using chemicals. I thought it would damage the laminate too but it's amazing! .....looks brand new every time I use it.

Registered Childminder since
    Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I have been trialling 2 of the black and decker steam mops as I had 3 other ones before and these are by far the best. Unless you want to do hand held steam then I wouldn't bother with the top of the range but go for the middle one as it has 2 heads (Argos do it I believe).

It has 3 settings, stone, laminate and wood and the steam doesn't come flying out the end of the head. Look at their website and there are lots of examples of people using it once you get throughthe intro section
    Debbie

3. Likes funemnx, rickysmiths, Kiddleywinks liked this post
    apr 87
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twinkle-Toes View Post
    I've been thinking about getting one since I was sucked into a tv advert lol

The one i was looking at has a removable middle bit so you can do toys, surfaces, windows etc without all the chemicals/cleaners.

It's pricey at £100 odd but I think i would use it ALL the time.

H2O MOP® X5™ - Thane Direct UK

Dunno if i'm allowed to link, please remove if not
    I bought this one and it's brilliant If it doesn't move in my house it's steamed lol. Insomniac tv has a lot to answer for, I bought the Karcher window vac too

Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I am also trialing the Black and Decker Steam Mops and they are fab. My floors come up a treat with little effort and they are much better than my original Steam mop.

6. Likes Kiddleywinks liked this post
    Oct 09
    Post Thanks / Like

Ooh I was going to buy one on offer for 20.00 in asda a while ago but was advised not to as it was for sealed laminate. Apparently ours isn't.. ?

feb 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

I have the vax one thats being advertised for £99- but I got a refurb from ebay with a guarantee for about £60 its fab, refreshes my carpets too-got a long lead, heats up quickly-I would never go backxxx

sep 08
    Post Thanks / Like

I have the Vax one, it was a birthday present lol. Love it. Best bit about steam mop is that floors dry so quickly

10. Likes watgem liked this post
    aug 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Hmmm

Id love one too, but I asked the people who fitted our flooring (quickstep) and they said a def NO!!!
    Said steam is still hot water so can "blow" the flooring

I think they look fab tho, and I do mop with boiling water everyday!

aug 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

I have a shark with a detachable steamer. I love it cant praise it enough but every so often i use the mop to shine the floor a bit. I have cheap laminate flooring ( i rent) and so far so good. been using it for a year

Apr 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

think I have mixed feelings on my steam mop. it is good to do big job but if you spill something you just want a quick mop not have to get steam mop filled plugged in warmed up etc. (we got rid of our old mop)
    also on ours the lead is really short so can't even do the whole room - have to get extension cable out! bit of a pain. if you want a quick mop round then no its not that great but to do the whole room remove all rugs, get in corners and so properly then yes its good - does a good job.

sep 08
    Post Thanks / Like

I still use traditional mop for spillages and find its not good for shiny tiles in bathroom but still love it lol

FEB 99
    Post Thanks / Like

hi they are fantastic for bathroom floors if tiled same for kitchen but dont use on wooden floors as they start to curl up the corners of the wood as the steam goes underneath the wood remember wood and water dont mix

Jan 06
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

I have a wolf 2 in 1 bought from amazon I think it was about £50. I converts from upright to hand held. I have used steam mops on my sealed laminate for 5 years now no issues, tiled in kitchen and bathroom. Had a home tec steam mop until a few months ago. Very happy with both.
    Children are born with wings we help them to fly.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12