getting a bit down about this - filling vacancies

Hybrid View

Registered Childminder since
    Dec 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

Default getting a bit down about this - filling vacancies

I feel like I have been constantly advertising and interviewing for months, in fact, I HAVE!

I keep meeting people, they really like what I do, really like the setting, blah blah blah, but for what ever reason, they don't actually sign up!

One back in April was for a lad 4 days a week going up to 5, I was the minder for them etc etc, lad went to nursery in May

Another couple, met at group, liked me, came to setting, met and played in the park, all really positive, said she'll be in touch to sort settling in dates - nothing

And it goes on

Just had a text today, from a lady that I met 3 times, not once, not twice but 3 times! To say that they have decided to go with the nursery near where she works rather a minder near home

I am seeing someone else on weds, I saw two people on sat, interviews went really well, though first one I wasn't sure - I think it was just that she was very well organised, had a list of questions and didn't deviate, second said that she's been offered an assisted place at nursery but if she used a minder it would be me and is going to look in to getting tax credits to help with the cost

Hubby is leaving his job to work with me, we planned to have it sorted so that when we come back from our summer hols, we'll be up and running when schools go back. But no-one is biting....

He is now getting paranoid that people are being put off by him, I am reminding him constantly that this is the way it goes, interviewed for nearly a year before taking on the last two part timers

But all this stress and feeling constantly under scrutiny and no extra work

Nothing you can say really, I am just frustrated

Thanks for listening/reading

Hx

Oct 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    "GOOD"
    Post Thanks / Like

Know the feeling, I have had a few come earlier in the year never got back to me.
    I only have one after school 3 dasy & that is it, not had a call for months, I do think it is our dog that is putting them off as he gets vry excited when adults arrive but is fine when kids arrive.
    I have in the past year started to do dog boarding when I have a queit period to help bring some money in, I am at the moment a casual pet carer so might be doing doggie day care (like childminding). the more time I am not minding the more I don't want to do it any more.

Shirl

Post Thanks / Like

Have you tried asking for feedback from the ones you've met several times who decided to go elsewhere - might help you see if there is anything else you could put in place?

I'm not saying you're doing anything wrong, sometimes it's just the way it goes, no-one bites for months then suddenly everyone wants you!

Miffy xx
    Keep smiling!

July07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

It gets you down doesnt it....

Ive had no enquiries at all since Nov so I cant even get anyone through the door so it sounds like there is a lot of work unlike here.

Ive had 4 potential sets of parents who are going to ring but never have.
    Someone asked my neighbour if they knew anyone who he talks to every week day on the train to work, gave my number
    A parent who's children come has passed my number on
    Another parent has passed my number on to a friend
    An enquiry from another childminder who couldnt fit them in.

But no one has rang...
    Hope things look up for you soon

becky

~Chelle~ Guest

Know the feeling hun, my neighbour came round with her little boy, said she really liked me ect.

As she was leaving she asked me about another minder round the corner, as she had seen her car but didn't know where she lived. Told her where she lived and she said "I might pop round and see her then" and that's it, nothing since, not even a no!!!

Hate the instability of this job sometimes! xx

Apr 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I've been registered since 18th apr and not had one call,text email etc..., I'm advertising everywhere I can think of, did a leaflet drop, spoken to lots of other childminders but still nothing!! And as of this friday I'm out of work!!!! Keeping every thing crossed!!!!