Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Registered Childminder since
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

In an ideal world I'd like 3 x 2 year olds full time and 3 x 5 year olds...... and keep them that age until I retire!!

In reality, I take what I can get

Ex CM
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Non childminder member
    01/01/09
    Post Thanks / Like

At the moment I have a 33 month old, 11 month old, 16 month old and a 4yr old.
    My own kids are 9yrs and 6.5yrs. I find pre-schoolers easier and they eat less!
    I only have one 4yr old girl and she eats non-stop when she gets in from school.
    Always hungry and always wanting more
    Need a laugh? Visit my website: www.unclegargy.deviantART.com

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I take on all ages. But i do know some childminders that only have over 5's so they dont have to do development folders, and also some childminders that only have before and after school children and school holidays care.

Just go with what you feel comfortable with x
    Lisa Burrows x x

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ripeberry View Post
    At the moment I have a 33 month old, 11 month old, 16 month old and a 4yr old.
    My own kids are 9yrs and 6.5yrs. I find pre-schoolers easier and they eat less!
    I only have one 4yr old girl and she eats non-stop when she gets in from school.
    Always hungry and always wanting more
    Shopping bills are extremely high due to extra eaters! lol
    Lisa Burrows x x

may 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

I would love to just have the under 5's but finacialy thats not going to happen for a while, Iused to be wary of the over 8s but my two are 10yrs and 12yrs and the oldest mindee turned 8 in april , she has been with me 3yrs and another mindee turns 8 in november and he will have been with me 2.5yrs,,,I think its easier when they reach this age if they have been with you a while as they have gotten to know the rules and you have got to know the child, it would possibley by different if you had a over 8yrs come in to your setting from an older age,, they do resent being sent to a childminder as they get older too.

Jun-11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Very Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by sarah707 View Post
    I also aim to have a spread of ages so that I don't have, for example, more than 2 non walkers in the double buggy
    Great idea.

I am thinking that my lo is good walker and still 2 so to get a buggy board if two mindees are non walkers?

I have found so far that all people contacting me have under 2's, which would be the biggest earning market for me at the moment as only C/M part time.

Best wishes in your vocation

Dana

onceinabluemoon Guest

I take all ages up to about 12 (but would take older if asked and it was the right child).

I often have two under ones which can be very hard work depending on the children involved but is soooooo rewarding when you see them turning into lovely little people and you know you've had a hand in that. I also take school age children but prefer not to do after school runs as it is too much of a tie having to be back at a certain time every day.

I currently have: 12 months, 14 months, 3YO, 4YO in the day and, 5YO and 7YO before school. Both the babies have been with me since they were very young (3 weeks and 5 months)

After the summer I will have 5months, 15 months, 17 months, 3 years in the day, and 4YO, 5YO and 7YO before school.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12