trampoline or no trampoline
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default trampoline or no trampoline

hi all, i am wondering whether to get one for the garden, i have 2 boys of my own 5 and 7 and they have never really shown an interest in one but i'm wondering if i got one they would benefit(they play xbox alot when getting home from school) i am also wondering if it will benefit my setting by getting one for the other children to use.
    any advice? pros and cons?
    xx

Registered Childminder since
    ReReg10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD :)
    Post Thanks / Like

one of the best things i ever bought

you can buy the additional tents to make it into a den during colder weather & buy those play-pit balls for fun with the little ones
    What a crock!!!

Mar02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

If I didnt have my own 2 children, I'd say no.

They dont last that long and we've had to replace both the netting and the blue padding around.

However, my 2 really enjoy going on it and it is fantastic exercise.

But, as children under 6 cant go on it, but my dd age 4 can, I do feel mean not letting the ones who are 3,4, and 5 not on.

Rachel x

Feb 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good Apr 15
    Post Thanks / Like

it's one thing I have never been bothered about getting so no

My own 2 are 9 and nearly 7 so have been there, my eldest is an outdoors child and would kick a football all day from about 2yrs so no worrys with the xbox thing!

nov 02
    Post Thanks / Like

defo trampoline! best thing i ever bought. only the after schoolies and my own daughter allowed on as its quite a big high one but well worth the money and we've well had our use from it

Post Thanks / Like

thanks all, what about Ofsted, do they object to them?

May 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

definitely mine is used all the time although the 3yr old prefers to go on it on his own while the others are at school which is perfect as the older ones do jump quite high. We have had ours (14 foot with enclosure) for about 3 years now and have only had to replace the enclosure once so far and that was about 40.00 as bought it online. If i hadnt had one before i started minding i would definitely have brought one. I have a risk assessment for mine if you want to look at it and also a permission form the parents must sign.
    I love my friends who live inside my laptop xx

Mar02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Make sure you read your manufacturers guidlines.

Even if you've got permission for a child under 6 to go on it and the guidelines say over 6, DO NOT let under 6's on.

A childminder was sued by parents and struck off!

Its not worth it!
    I do not let anyone under 6 on.

Rachel x

dec 06
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

If you let on more than one child at a time or an under 6 then your insurence is invalid, doesnt matter if you have risk assessments or parental permission.

I just couldnt risk it!
    PRINCESS DAISY FLOWER

Post Thanks / Like

No - definitly not!

Trampolines are meant for supervised sport not for a whole group of children bouncing on them together - and yes most people do let more than one on at a time!

Under 6's can't use them anyway regrdless of what the parent says. And there is far too much room for serious injury - you dont need to fall off one to do serious damage.

Jan 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I have a trampoline and it's solely for the use of my own children ... no minded children allowed. My own kids do not use it during minding hours and are more than happy with this, however, to safeguard myself from a stray childminded child getting on it, I do have permission forms signed by parents!

july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I have a trampoline and yes I allow the mindess on it. Always one on at a time and they tend to get bored and come and play with the others and always the over 6's

My children however when all the mindees have gone go on together - flip and allsorts but they are mine and I can let them and bladder permitting i will sometimes go on too
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

May 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    satisfactory
    Post Thanks / Like

as Carpet Monkeys said if you allow minded children on get permission slip signed, also my trampoline netting and matting have been replaced twice already this one being the third cover, its cost me £75 each time it has been replaced its almost 2 years old!

the kids have been warned that if I see them swinging on the poles or netting or the surround and padding getting broken again then they will be banned from it on a permanent basis but my own two will not be...

I cant help it Im soft but im gonna stand by it this time!!!

but it was a fab buy

xx

VINASOL Guest

I have one too...and my 4yr old and 8yr old use it all the time (my DD since she was about 2).

I did let minded children use it at first (had permission), but now I do not allow any of them regardless of age to go on it. I'm just to paranoid about accidents (my lot are quite accident-prone too lol) so it's a no from me too

onceinabluemoon Guest

I wouldn't simply because my own children are teenagers and far too lazy to bounce after the initial buzz has worn off and mindees are not allowed on until they're 6 which would mean only some could go on then there'd be whining "oh but my mummy lets me" which would drive me scatty, lol

Feb 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Non childminder member
    13/03/11
    Post Thanks / Like

Not something for me, even though I know my own would love one! Too risky, my DD could fall over nothing so a trampoline is just tempting fate!

Jac x

Jan 03
    Post Thanks / Like

We got a trampoline for my son last Christmas. I have been very unsure about letting the mindees on as it is not within my sight/supervission all the time. But think I will give them a chance this summer. - Only 6 years + and one at a time.

BuggsieMoo Guest

I've got 4 kids aged 4, 6, 8 and 9 years as well as 4 mindees who come (at different times) aged 5, 4, 4, and 1 year. All are allowed on the trampoline besides the 1 year old - for safety reasons. We have rules in place

1) Not allowed to use without an adult present supervising
    2) No more than 1 child per time on trampoline (during working hours)
    3) all sharps are removed i.e. trainers and glasses
    4) Socks must be worn at all times
    5) Safety net must be secured in place and done up at all times the trampoline is in use.
    6) Miss using the trampoline means no use of trampoline

It is also checked daily to ensure it is safe to use.

Parents all sign an agreement to use this piece of large garden equipment.

July 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

What about the little ones then with the handles??? I am hoping to get one for my ds for his 3rd birthday. We are in a flat and so have been looking at the galt folding trampoline which is from age 3. Obviously I wouldn't let under 3s on it but hadn't thought about not letting anyone use it at all. I feel that as I haven't got my own garden I try and have items in doors or have items that are easy to take in and out so they do not miss out on some physical activities. (eg we have moon sand indoors, ball pit which is blow up, tent and tunnels which are pop up etc)

Aug 03
    Post Thanks / Like

I have one that my two dd's go on one is nearly 12 and one is nearly 3 but I do not let anyone else go on it, my dd let my nearly 3 year old mindee go on it and I got him off quick bless her she didn't no he wasnt allowed on it. (I had only gone to get him a drink when she put him on it before anyone asks).

Felt sorry for him but I will not let mindees on it, but I know this is not nice but I do let my dd's on it when I am minding as I am sick of having to put so much stuff away so the others don't get it.
    Love
    Lorraine xx

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast