Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345
    Registered Childminder since
    June86
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Can't offer any advice but hope it all works out in the end.

may10
    Post Thanks / Like

Just thought id give everyone an update, feels like I havent been on here for ages. Only 4 weeks to go then ill be doing it on my own very excited. We told parents this week and most of them are not staying as the other place is more convenient. One child is staying with me and 2 are still undecided. I changed all the room around last weekend after a trip to ikea all i need to do now is paint it which ill be doing over easter and print all my new policies and documents out then im al ready to go

Apr 05
    Post Thanks / Like

Well done on getting it sorted and hope you are advertising for new mindies now

mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

awww hun, ive just read through all of this and im so pleased you have got it sorted, i hope you fill all your spaces very soon.

xxxxxxxxxxx

Nov 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

glad its sorted hon and have fun finding new mindees and new families x
    if you do what you've always done, you'll get what you've always got

may10
    Post Thanks / Like

aww thanks for all of your support girls, im just so excited about starting on my own i feel relived now i know i have at least 1 child as that will cover most of my bills, gonna start advertising some time this month.... lol as long as i have new children for september thats all im botherd about

Apr 01
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I am glad things are working out for you. Hope the advertising works quickly

Jan 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

dont be suprised if some of the parents come back
    IS BACK

july 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by adele1985 View Post
    aww thanks for all of your support girls, im just so excited about starting on my own i feel relived now i know i have at least 1 child as that will cover most of my bills, gonna start advertising some time this month.... lol as long as i have new children for september thats all im botherd about
    That's great news: glad you managed to sort things out and are able to move on so much sooner than you first thought

take care,
    Wendy

Post Thanks / Like

Glad you have managed to sort things out, and good luck with YOUR new business

may10
    Post Thanks / Like

feeling a bit doen today not really sure why. I dont know if im being parnoid but im getting the feeling that my friend is saying things behond my back to parents. When we told the parents we did tell them together didnt give them all the ins and outs of why its happening just told them the basics. She then invites them to have a look arounf her new place and im just worried shes saying things to them ti invluence thier decision behind my back.

My view is yes we have had fallings out but i dont think the parents need to know about them but i have no idea what shes saying when im not there. I have only lived in this area for 4 years so donr really no many people, shes lived here all of her life and knows nearly everyone im just a bit paranoid sshes saying things to everyone she knows

Nov 90
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

The thing is you don't know that she is saying anything about you. You just go about smiling sweetly, hold your head up high and maintain your professionalism! Everything will sort itself out in time and when it does you will know that you maintained your dignity and professionalism.

Cx

onceinabluemoon Guest

There's not a lot you can do I'm afraid. Even if you are right in your suspicions, which you may not be, people will always believe what they want to believe.

You chose not to dissolve the partnership early so you had the advantage. An admirable personal quality, but the consequence is one that may just have had disastrous effects on your business. Hopefully it hasn't as you seem like a really nice person.

Now all you can do is sit back and wait until the dust settles and hope you come out of it ok. Hopefully you will have also learnt that sometimes you need to put yourself first and not be Mrs nice lady about everything.

Big hugs xx

Sept 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I would bring things to an end asap too.

I have been working in partnership with my friend at her house for 6 months. She recently told me that she's selling her house and doesn't know if she's going to carry on or not. It's been very awkward and I'm desperate to be out of there! I have managed to get a playroom built, new toys bought, all paperwork done and my house registered all in 4 weeks! I start on my own in 2 more weeks. I'm counting down the days till I'm on my own and wish I'd done it from the start. She is staying put till the house sells but I suspect she will stop before then as I have always done all accounts and paperwork!!!

Good luck and have fun setting up YOUR playroom just how YOU like it xx

may10
    Post Thanks / Like

aww well done you, how on earth did you build a playroom lol. Im in the same boat really as ive done the majority of all the paper work and stuff I just cant wait to start on my own even if I might only have 1 child lol. good luck with your businessx What are your parents doing are any of them coming with you or do you have to start from scratch xx

May 03
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

The thing is even if she is saying things behind your back so long as you remain professional you can't do anything about what she says and does and if parents believe her when you are being professional do you really want that kind of parent.
    love Kate
    Save the earth it's the only planet with chocolate

Sept 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

It's a conservatory so went up really quick! We had 6 children between us so are splitting them. I'm happy with the ones I've got and parents seem ok with it, even though she told them it was my decision to leave as it would be easier for me!!! GGGRRRRR! I'm biting my tongue and counting down the days xx

may10
    Post Thanks / Like

lol i know exactly how you feel hun, at least you have 3 kids ive got 1 at the min and the others have choose to go with her as its more convenient to get to her new place for most of our parents x

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345