Questions for Noble Minder
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast
    Registered Childminder since
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Carpet Monkeys for PM me I will get this looked into for you.

Lisa

Jan 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

All sorted thanks ... however, another question for you, is there somewhere to enter dates for renewal of First Aid, PLI, renewal of NCMA Membership or Ofsted Fees due etc, so you get a reminder before they are due to expire?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Carpet Monkeys View Post
    All sorted thanks ... however, another question for you, is there somewhere to enter dates for renewal of First Aid, PLI, renewal of NCMA Membership or Ofsted Fees due etc, so you get a reminder before they are due to expire?
    Hi Yes there is. In training you can enter all your training and when they are due again, this will then appear in your organiser. Ofsted fees etc can be added in your to do list. This is the feature of the week and there is a write up on how to use it affectively in the notification box in your account.

If you want us to talk this over with you let me know.

Thanks

Lisa

Post Thanks / Like

Morning all,

I am here with you on this wonderful sunny day untill 1pm.

If you have any questions I can help with ask them here.

Lisa

June 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I just wanted to say that I wish I had this package when I first started and had more time to fill in everything. I am getting there slowly but know once I have inputed all my info it will be easier for me to keep up with my paperwork.
    Knowledge is power and its also tax free

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kes View Post
    I just wanted to say that I wish I had this package when I first started and had more time to fill in everything. I am getting there slowly but know once I have inputed all my info it will be easier for me to keep up with my paperwork.
    That's great. So many of our members say that they wish they had it earlier. If you need any help inputting your items let us know as we will help with that too.

Glad you can see the benefits it is giving you.

Lisa

Post Thanks / Like

Default Bye

Enjoy the sunshine. I will check in during the week.

Take care

Lisa

aug 07
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi, im doing the free trial and am liking it so far, I am struggling with putting in days/hours with one child i have as they are on a shift rota and not the same days each week, sometimes its 2 days a week sometimes 3 sometimes overnight, I have put in additional fees for overnight and retainers for days she not here, is it possible to do days for the week then calculate at end of month?
    Marie.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by devoncm View Post
    Hi, im doing the free trial and am liking it so far, I am struggling with putting in days/hours with one child i have as they are on a shift rota and not the same days each week, sometimes its 2 days a week sometimes 3 sometimes overnight, I have put in additional fees for overnight and retainers for days she not here, is it possible to do days for the week then calculate at end of month?
    Hi Marie,

I am glad you are enjoying using Noble Minder. The package can do this with no problem. When can we give you a call to talk this over with you? Also you need to let me know who you are as I can't see a Marie on our system.

Email support@nobleminder.co.uk

Thanks

Lisa

Post Thanks / Like

Default £100 up fpr grabs.

Morning all,

I hope you are enjoying the Easter Hols, I am around to answer any questions this morning.

For those of you that have not yet had a chance to look at Noble Minder we are running a fantastic draw for £100 of vouchers of your choice. Simple sign up for you free trial and reach 100% on your progress bar to be entered into the draw.

Already had a free trail? No problem, sign up again for your chance to win.

Find out more and read our full terms and conditions.

Lisa

Post Thanks / Like

Default Morning

Hi everyone,

How's week two of the Easter Holidays going? The weather has been brilliant, I hope that has helped.

I am here this morning to answer any questions you may have.

Pop along and say hello, it would be great to chat with you this morning.

Lisa

Post Thanks / Like

Default What would you like.

I will say goodbye until next week.

What would be useful to you? I will of course carry on being here every Wednesday available to chat. However what would you like?

We write information on a varied range of topics regarding childminding. Many of the features have proved to be useful to childminders.

Topics include:

Risk assessments
    Required statements
    Tax allowances
    Observation and assessment.
    Planning
    Becoming a childminder
    Running your own business
    Choosing a childminder
    Becoming self employed
    Selling your setting
    Rates
    EYFS
    Data protection

Let me know if it would be useful to share these with you or any other ideas on how we can provide you with help.

Have a good week.

Lisa
    Last edited by noble76; 20-04-2011 at 12:27 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Good Morning.

Morning all,

what are your thoughts on this?

What would be useful to you? I will of course carry on being here every Wednesday available to chat. However what would you like?

We write information on a varied range of topics regarding childminding. Many of the features have proved to be useful to childminders.

Topics include:

Risk assessments
    Required statements
    Tax allowances
    Observation and assessment.
    Planning
    Becoming a childminder
    Running your own business
    Choosing a childminder
    Becoming self employed
    Selling your setting
    Rates
    EYFS
    Data protection

Let me know if it would be useful to share these with you or any other ideas on how we can provide you with help.

Have a good week.

Lisa[/QUOTE]

aug 07
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi, we spoke before about a child i have on a shift basis, ive filled in this months hours for the invoice like you said to do through holidays/alternate hours section, but i cant get it to go through to the invoice bit, it just shows up with no income?
    Marie.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by devoncm View Post
    Hi, we spoke before about a child i have on a shift basis, ive filled in this months hours for the invoice like you said to do through holidays/alternate hours section, but i cant get it to go through to the invoice bit, it just shows up with no income?
    Hi Marie,

Thank you for your question. We will be able to sort this for you. Someone will give you a call this afternoon.

Please contact support@nobleminder.co.uk with your questions so we can respond quickly for you.

Best Wishes

Lisa

Post Thanks / Like

Default Morning all

Hi

I am here to take your questions on this fine Wednesday morning.

I would also like to say welcome to those CMF members who are trialling Noble Minder at the moment.

I hope you are enjoying using the package. If you need anything be sure to contact our support team, email them on support@nobleminder.co.uk.

Come along and have a chat with me.

Lisa

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Lisa

Please could you explain to me about observations , when we do them, and how we write out what we've seen etc
    thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Gracie's mamma View Post
    Hi Lisa

Please could you explain to me about observations , when we do them, and how we write out what we've seen etc
    thanks
    Hi,

Yes I can we have a good bit of guidance surrounding this for our members and also an example of the observation & assessment record. I can email this to you if you PM me your email address.

I would be more than happy to talk this over with you, let me know if this would be helpful to you.

This is what advice sits along side our observation and assessment records. Hope it sheds some light on it for you.

Noble Minder is aware that there have been a great number of childminders who have simply been overwhelmed by the EYFS Areas of Learning and Development requirements. We recognise that there are good childminders across England who give quality care, time and understanding to the needs of the children they look after. Sifting through legislation to understand how to meet the requirements can be off putting.

Don’t be put off any longer; we encourage you to start doing small things within your setting. You will be surprised how much you will achieve. It’s like those moments when you are with a child and they make you smile, laugh out loud or go wow at what they just did. Working with children is never without its wow moments. The great thing about the children in your care is they will provide you with countless opportunities to record the amazing achievements in their development.

A question you may find helpful to ask is “If this were my child what would I want to know?” It’s the things children do that you would want to know about your own child that is a really good place to start. For example John put his wellies on today, all by himself, or Ingrid set the table and cleared it too. She was so helpful. As a professional childminder a further question to ask is “What does this show about John’s/Ingrid’s development?” And there you have your first observation for the child. As a professional childminder you will notice more about the child than you realise. Jot down your findings and take some pictures. Spend a bit of time each day or week, adding your notes to the Noble Minder Observation and Assessment Record and there you have your formative assessments for the child.

Where to start?

Start with the child’s interests. What do they enjoy spending time doing, what holds their attention and lights up their face? This is where you will find your best observations of a child. You are encouraged to conduct observations that best suit the children and your setting.

Meeting the EYFS requirements within your setting is an ongoing process led mainly by the child. It looks something like this.

The image would not copy

Remember EYFS goes across all sectors of education and childcare covering ages 0 to 5 years. Childminders only form a part of the various settings. However, childminders are still required to meet the EYFS standards and to show a good understanding of the requirements and ways in which these are being implemented within their setting.
    Your observations will be used and referred to by the person carrying out the EYFS Profile. This assessment is normally carried out by the reception teacher in the June of the academic year the child turns 5. The Learning Journey which will include your observations will be used by the teacher to give them an overview of the child’s progress so far. The assessment is measured against 13 scales each with 9 points. This is used to assess where the child is in reaching the Early Learning Goals. The EYFS profile is passed on to the child’s Year 1 teacher.

Post Thanks / Like

See you all next week. Have a good one.

If you need anything before next Wednesday you can email me. My address is lisa@nobleminder.co.uk.

Enjoy your week, remember you can trial Noble Minder for free with no obligation, so pop along sign up and start playing.

www.nobleminder.co.uk

Take care

Lisa

Post Thanks / Like

Default ta

Thank you , no wonder your called the noble minder

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast