Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    may 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

Default car seat help please.

is it just rear facing car seats we cant put in the front seat with an air bag?
    I have 6 children tommoro and was hoping to go out in the car but the problem is I only have a lap belt in the middle of the back row of seats so was gonna put my son on this as he is the tallest and oldest child but it means I would prefer the 1yrold in the front seat as hes the only one out of the rest of them i trust not to touch anything in the front when im driving.
    I would prefer not to have him in the front but the only other of doing it is to put my son in the front seat and the eldest mindee whoose 7rys old on the lap belt on his booster,,,
    which way would you do it?

Feb 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm sure I read that it's best not to put a child in the front and then if you do it should be the tallest. So I would put whoever is tallest in the front and on a booster seat too if he/she is under 135cm if you have to get them all in the car

Jan 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

If you have any child in the front on any sort of booster seat / car seat etc the airbag MUST BE DISARMED, they are far too powerful to protect a child and can sometimes cause more severe injuries than a collision. From my policeman hubster!!

May 10
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SammyM View Post
    If you have any child in the front on any sort of booster seat / car seat etc the airbag MUST BE DISARMED, they are far too powerful to protect a child and can sometimes cause more severe injuries than a collision. From my policeman hubster!!
    Yip I got told that too x

Oct 05
    Post Thanks / Like

You can buy a seat that can be used with a lap belt, the britax prince! Then you could put the older child in the front

http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/s...Id_165763#dtab

may 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

so is ok to put a sensible 7yrold on a booster seat on the lap belt then? thats the only other way of doing it,,, other than that we will just not bother but was hoping to go out somwhere nice as 2 of the children have been off ill all half term and havent had a nice time so wanted to do somthing nice for them before they are all back at school

may 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by muffins View Post
    You can buy a seat that can be used with a lap belt, the britax prince! Then you could put the older child in the front

http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/s...Id_165763#dtab
    i used to have one of these but somthing in the shed fell on it and broke it,,I didnt bother replacing it as usualy its not an issue in the holidays due to the age children i have but because the children comming tommoro are my term time only children who are different ages to those who come in the hols this is where the problem has arisen.

may 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

well thanks for all your help folks but would you belive my car has no passenger air bag! my partner said it didnt and i didnt belive him but after him moaning at me i went and checked and he was right,,, all that blooming stressing for nothing

sept 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

I would still put the oldest in the front seat, and then ensure that the seat is as far back as possible. Just so that if you were to be in an accident they are away from the dash.

Jan 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

Don't think you are meant to use a booster seat with just a lap belt, they need a proper seat belt.
    I have a lap belt in the middle of my back row, if I need to use it I put one of mine in there, a booster woudn't fit anyway as I have a baby seat on each side.