Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Registered Childminder since
    dec 03
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

I never ever post anything on face book I only ever read other peoples status's for exactly that reason , I will onlycommunicate through private messages and my name cannot be searched for as I have it blocked to friends only and non of my parents are my friends , my job is kept private as it just says self employed so only those that know me well know I cm .
    I know all too well about people reading others face books as my sister in law who lives on fb and who I can't stand takes great delight in updating me on what my son is doing in the marines before I've been officially told by my lad himself , this seriously pisses me off and I've warned all my children to be careful what they write
    H4H supporter 'per mare per terram'

apr 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't even have a facebook account!!

My dd's have & they have one of my mums as a friend & the things she writes about her children is sometimes really awful & to me seems like attention seeking as what she writes is most parents battles (eg Kids driving my mad they've had colds for 2 weeks now & I'm sooooo tired, Fed up with the kids crying wish someone would just whisk me away, Great teething again = more sleepless nights, Fed up with X back chatting me, Hubby off to watch football guess who's left with the kids again etc etc)

It honestly make me feel quite upset as they are excellent kids & she should be proud
    wow 2012 already

Jul 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by flowerpots View Post
    so do i , i havent even got a fb account.
    I can't stand fb, I have no inclination to tell the world what I am doing, and I certainly don't want to read anyone elses trivia.
    If I have something to say to a friend, I would rather pick up the phone, or have them round for a coffee.

Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Pootle View Post
    I can't stand fb, I have no inclination to tell the world what I am doing, and I certainly don't want to read anyone elses trivia.
    If I have something to say to a friend, I would rather pick up the phone, or have them round for a coffee.
    Oooh I couldn't live without fb! My parents and sister all live abroad (all in different countries!) so for us, it is a lovely informal way of keeping in touch, sending photos to each other and having a little chat in the evenings.
    Now my nieces and nephews are getting older they are joining so my children get to keep in daily touch with cousins, who without fb, they would have little to no contact with at all.
    Georgina x

Nov 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sweets View Post
    i rarely write anything about childminding on fb, if i do then its never negative things and i wont be friends with mindees parents, not until they leave then its a nice way to keep in touch.

what i am having trouble with at the moment is hiding posts of my news feeds! i am friends with quite a few teenagers (children i used to nanny for) but the problem is they often write offensive posts with swearing in. i dont want my adult friends to see these posts but at the moment it wont let me hide them ive tried hiding posts by clicking on the x in the top right and it says they are hidden but when i refresh the page they are back again, it even does it if i click hide all thier posts!

i have a second cousin (21) who needs bleeps in her posts too. she is fb friends with my aunt who is 80 - goodness knows what she makes of her
    if you do what you've always done, you'll get what you've always got

Nov 07
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Juggler View Post
    [/color]
    i have a second cousin (21) who needs bleeps in her posts too. she is fb friends with my aunt who is 80 - goodness knows what she makes of her
    I have this too with my own 18 yr old DD! and she has my Mum as one of her friends .

I love fb and don't see any problem with it. I wouldn't have parents as friends but I very rarely mention work anyway

Pipsqueak Guest

I like FB to and don't see a problem with it - provided its used sensibly.

i have a personal and a work account and n'er the twain shall meet - I am not even friends with myself!

I would not however post stuff about individuals... might post about the LO's all being asleep or how cute or similar but never anything negative.....

Would not post pix either

oct 96
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

The safest thing is to believe that what you are saying on facebook, you are saying to the world!
    Clorogue

January
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Another FB fan here and I do sometimes post about the LOs sleeping or about having a good day but rarely post about work and would never, ever post a negative comment..... I do have a parent as a friend but we were friends before I started minding her son.

The other thing that annoys me, apart from really sweary people, is people who use text speak instead of proper english None of my FB friends do but friends of friends do and it really really bugs me
    Familiarity breeds contempt - and children Mark Twain

Non childminder member
    Ex Childminder
    Post Thanks / Like

As far as I am concerned FB is for personal stuff ONLY, not work at all.
    I have one parent who's a friend on FB but she's not just mindees mum she's my hairdresser too so it's a bit more of a friendship IYSWIM.

Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm not "friends" with any of my parents either (apart from one who is a family friend). Work is work, social is social. However I'm glad you put this cos I hadn't really thought much at all about what I put in my statuses about work. Nothing awful and certainly no names or photgraphs but I'm sure I've said things after a tough day like I must be mad to be a childminder etc. I'm sure I've done no harm but this thread will certainly stop me doing any in future.
    Thanks x
    Blondes have more fun!

Sept 00
    Post Thanks / Like

friends with parents, post childrens photos and chat to them too.
    gosh i must contravene all rules then

even had professional photos done with one of my mindees and our pics are on my account too

Nov 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I only post nice things about the day no specifics. I am friends with one parent as she is my friend, but not the other one.

Jan 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    OUTSTANDING
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

i have a FB account. I only have one mum as a "friend" and i never put anything about childminding on. No pics no status reports etc. I do send "mum" a message evry so often (was her birthday last week, she kept her children at home to play with her for the day- that was her trreat) so said happy birthday. I like to see pics of my lovely mindees at home and doing stuff with mum and dad.

mandy xxx
    The bats have left the bell tower.....

Sept 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Juggler View Post
    [/COLOR]
    One of my FB friends posts were quite offensive - often swearing (about her ex) even using the 'C' word! I have hidden her I don't want to see that! The worrying thing is she is a CM I met her on my ICP course!

Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MaryMary View Post
    One of my FB friends posts were quite offensive - often swearing (about her ex) even using the 'C' word! I have hidden her I don't want to see that! The worrying thing is she is a CM I met her on my ICP course!
    You can't help what other people put as their status tho and I'm sure the parents you're "friends" with appreciate that
    Blondes have more fun!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12