Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Non childminder member
    parent
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Unbelievable "good" childminder left children alone in the library

I was at the library in the children's area, when I saw her coming with 2 mindees and her own child. I than moved from where I was to observe discretely (yes nearly hidden myself) anyway, she asked 3,5 year old mindee and 2,3 year old child to sit on the floor and read a book. She than gone out of the children's area and satyed out for about 10 minutes until one parent asked the minder's child to stop throwing all the books on the floor and aske the mindee where was their mummy. Mindee said that she was outside somewhere. This woman talked to a Librarian (there were tw0 of them tottaly oblivious of what was going on) and said that the children were left unattended. The librarian than went to the adult's area and came back with the childminder and said that the children shoul be supervised at all times.
    She stayed with the children for 2 minutes than the mindee went to the children's computer. She put her own child on the double buggy and left the children's area again whitout even letting the mindee know. When mindee left the computer he was looking for her and as could not find her on kid's area went on adult's area than came back (maybe she told him to come back?) and stayed in the children's area all by himself until she came and called.

Now, she was granted good on her first inspection, I was shocked when that happened because I saw other things happening and overall she does not have a good practice at all. But what Ofsted see is a snapshop of 3 hours every 3 years and it is obvious that awful childminders will not leave children unattended, shout at them and even call them names when the Ofsted Lady is there...and I have seen this all happening buy registered childminders.

I know personally two other women who works unregistered, now I am not defeding them and I think they should register asap but through my observations, they are so much better than this one who was granted GOOD and it is very unfair.

Registered Childminder since
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

you can call ofsted 0300 123 1231 and make a useful complaint there, this is just bitching otherwise.
    Deb X

aly Guest

What does being 'good' childminder have to do with it?..She left themalone

what did you do about it?..did you have a word with her?,

Dec 99
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Why on earth were you hiding and observing her?

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

i am not defending this cm but when i first started reading your thread i was wondering why you quickly hid yourself away to observe her but later in your thread i see you have have been witness to other incidents so is this what made you want to observe ???? . so like the others say best advice would be to call OFSTED
    good luck

Non childminder member
    parent
    Post Thanks / Like

You can call me stalker.
    But sometimes I do observe some childminders and their practice, and specially this one.
    It is not that I went out to follow her and observe, we just happened to be at the same place on the same time and I did not want to get involved nor to be seen with her or be associated with her. And I would not leave there just because she arrived after me.
    And if the children saw me they would also come and speak to me and I did not want to get involved or be left in charge of them or have anything to do with whatever she was doing and I have my reasons.

Nov 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good :)
    Post Thanks / Like

I think a call to Ofsted would be a good idea, I agree with Deb and Aly. Running a Childminding business without registration puts children at risk, registration ensures childminders keep children safe, and if they don't they face consequences (eg; YOU can call Ofsted to complain and they will investigate and take action accordingly). If she weren't registered then I imagine there would be very little you could do.
    Also - just curious do you often spy on childminders?

may 01
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Well you MUST phone OFSTED and make a formal complaint so as they can investigate.
    If the investigation comes to nothing then at least this childminder will have to consider her practice and she will realise the error of her ways when she put the children at risk.
    Childminders like her give us a bad name.
    Carol

Dec 99
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I think if you have a complaint to make then it should be done through the correct channels ie to Ofsted.

Non childminder member
    parent
    Post Thanks / Like

i dont often spy them, but there are a lot of them where I live, some of them I know and some of them I dont personally know but know they are registered. So I observe their practice even if I am having a conversation with them on the school run, I dont need to hide and spy. Today I just did it, because I was looking for books and I did not want to be disturbed so I just happened to see what was going on.

jun 09
    Post Thanks / Like

I find this a very strange posting. Any responsible person would report something like this and would not have delayed in doing so. But then to come on here and post without having reported it??

jun 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Deb View Post
    you can call ofsted 0300 123 1231 and make a useful complaint there, this is just bitching otherwise.
    Agree totally with this
    Claire x

Non childminder member
    parent
    Post Thanks / Like

I am not going to ring ofsted on my mobile phone and I am still at the library. That is why I am ranting here and have not reported yet.

Ex CM
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Non childminder member
    01/01/09
    Post Thanks / Like

She is not your ex childminder or anything? Just wonder why you are picking on her in particular? I wouldn't mind if parents observed me. Sometimes total strangers say hello to me and I don't have a clue who they are, but they turn out to be a relative for a mindee and even when I'm not minding, I feel that I'm being observed.......stalkers
    Need a laugh? Visit my website: www.unclegargy.deviantART.com

Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by luiza.t View Post
    I am not going to ring ofsted on my mobile phone and I am still at the library. That is why I am ranting here and have not reported yet.
    You can email them you know. enquiries@ofsted.gov.uk

I find this thread very odd I must say.

Non childminder member
    parent
    Post Thanks / Like

Well
    I have seen things happening that I did not report and I would not trust my fish with her tbh.
    She is not my ex childminder or anything, and we used to get along at playgrounds and etc, we know the same people, but i want to keep my distance now, as I will be working soon, I do not want to be associated with her.

July 10
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ripeberry View Post
    She is not your ex childminder or anything? Just wonder why you are picking on her in particular? I wouldn't mind if parents observed me. Sometimes total strangers say hello to me and I don't have a clue who they are, but they turn out to be a relative for a mindee and even when I'm not minding, I feel that I'm being observed.......stalkers
    I once had a lady keep asking me how I was and how the minding was going. I just kept saying "Great thanks" and leaving it at that. Turned out it was mindees gran

Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I think this post is very fishy???

Why would you spy on a CM in a library......then come on here whilst still in library to post about it without even saying anything to the CM or even ringing ofsted??

CM bashing for no reason??? Possibly
    what doesnt kill me makes me stronger!

Non childminder member
    parent
    Post Thanks / Like

Childminders be aware you are being observed all the time everywhere you go.
    not by me though

Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by luiza.t View Post
    Well
    I have seen things happening that I did not report and I would not trust my fish with her tbh.
    She is not my ex childminder or anything, and we used to get along at playgrounds and etc, we know the same people, but i want to keep my distance now, as I will be working soon, I do not want to be associated with her.
    Honestly? Why have you not reported concerns in the past? If you seriously do not think this person is good enough to hold a registration and care for children then surely you have a duty to report that?
    Georgina x

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast