Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Registered Childminder since
    jun 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Development Workers....GONE

just been informed that all area DO's are having to re apply for their jobs, that is if they have one.

NCMA are having a big re organisation and it looks like DO are going and its all been handled by Bromley

Hmmm do I renew in June then or just go over to MM??????
    Claire x

Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

That must be just in your area..as ours are not employed by NCMA.
    Pixie Dust

Jan 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Mine come though Surestart.
    Buttons xx

Nov 07
    Post Thanks / Like

This usually happens each year! In most areas they are funded by your local council and they are making the cuts so a lot won't have contracts renewed this year. They just work to an NCMA model.

Shouldn't really make any difference who you have your public libility insurance with

0ct 07
    Post Thanks / Like

Half of ours have gone but its nothing to do with ncma its the local councils and all staff had warning letters last year, this has been on the cards for ages, but the councils have now been told what their budgets are for the coming year and some have decided to cut the childrens budget.
    In our area its only been cut by 11% so the surestart centres are safe but the childminding support staff and training will be hit.

Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by claire'scherubs View Post
    just been informed that all area DO's are having to re apply for their jobs, that is if they have one.

NCMA are having a big re organisation and it looks like DO are going and its all been handled by Bromley

Hmmm do I renew in June then or just go over to MM??????

Its not NCMA it is individual LAs who have employed the NCMA staff who are making cuts. All ours in Hertfordshire go at the end of March because Herts have not renewed the Contract with NCMA.

Penny1959 Guest

All our DO's are also having to reapply for jobs (will be less jobs available , and less pay MORE work for those who do get new posts) - all down to council budget cuts.

As others have said nothing to do with NCMA - I used to be be employed by NCMA but my post was paid for by local council - when they didn't renew contract with NCMA - my job with NCMA ceased to exsist.

Penny

Nov 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

we've only got 2 in our LA, one is for childminding. goodness knows what'll happen in april - ours are not NCMA but doesn't look like we'll keep them which means our network might never take off - there will be no-one to run it
    if you do what you've always done, you'll get what you've always got

July 08
    Post Thanks / Like

I've seen my DO once in 3 years so I can't see it making a significant amount of difference.
    Blessed Be!

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Our council hasn't renewed its contract with NCMA, so we're losing a lot of support staff. They're also restructuring the whol of the Early Years department, so I don't think we'll actually have any dedicated childminding support staff left.

Dec 99
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by kindredspirits View Post
    I've seen my DO once in 3 years so I can't see it making a significant amount of difference.
    I've never seen one. I didn't know they existed until I joined this forum!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kindredspirits View Post
    Longer here

xx

Nov 07
    Post Thanks / Like

It completely depends on your area and the remit the staff have. I only saw my DO a couple of times whilst I was registering as that is what she is supposed to do. I could have phoned her at any time for more help if I had needed it.

My Network co-ordinator has a whole different remit and it will make a huge difference to me if her job goes. Without our network I would no longer be able to offer funded care for families in crisis, early years education or Flying start placements for 2 year olds.

Makes me quite sad that NCMA yet again get the blame

july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by manjay View Post
    It completely depends on your area and the remit the staff have. I only saw my DO a couple of times whilst I was registering as that is what she is supposed to do. I could have phoned her at any time for more help if I had needed it.

My Network co-ordinator has a whole different remit and it will make a huge difference to me if her job goes. Without our network I would no longer be able to offer funded care for families in crisis, early years education or Flying start placements for 2 year olds.

Makes me quite sad that NCMA yet again get the blame
    Same here we are still waiting to hear about the restructuring here. But it is not the NCMA who is responsible but the local councils who are cutting back to try and save money. Im hoping that my DO keeps her job as she is wonderful and helpful
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

Nov 06
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Surrey didn't renew the NCMA contract just as I started minding, as they decided they could do it cheaper themselves & cut out the middle man (NCMA) ...perhaps some LA's may do this like Surrey did years ago? We're still waiting here to find out what will happen in April ...Like Manjay if I loose my network co-ordinator I will no longer be able to offer the EYE.
    Blaze x

jun 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Ok to all those that have been saying that I am blaming NCMA for the cuts then I apologise.

That is what I have always been told by the DO that they are employed by the NCMA, they wear NCMA badges AND last night the DO told us last night that they were in a 90 day consultation over the predicament with NCMA and that should we wish to complain then contact NCMA and that all our enquiries would no doubt be directed straight to BROMLEY from here on and especially from the 18th April.

SO totally confused now and don't know what to thinki
    Claire x

Mar02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Ours too works for NCMA, but NCMA just got the contract off the local early years, so it can be provided by anyone who wins the contract.

Ours are likely to go as Lincolnshire County COuncil are cutting 100's of jobs in Early years and arent likely to keep peopple from outside the council.

One of my mindees Mum also wortks for the early years dept, so I may lose them too!

Its not a safe world in any job at the moment.

Rachel x

jun 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RachelE View Post
    Ours too works for NCMA, but NCMA just got the contract off the local early years, so it can be provided by anyone who wins the contract.

Ours are likely to go as Lincolnshire County COuncil are cutting 100's of jobs in Early years and arent likely to keep peopple from outside the council.

One of my mindees Mum also wortks for the early years dept, so I may lose them too!

Its not a safe world in any job at the moment.

Rachel x
    Rachel......thank you, it is Lincolnshire County Council
    Claire x

jun 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

And can I also say that they are ABSOLUTELY BRILLIANT DO's and do a great job and will be sorely missed
    Claire x

Nov 07
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by claire'scherubs View Post
    Ok to all those that have been saying that I am blaming NCMA for the cuts then I apologise.

That is what I have always been told by the DO that they are employed by the NCMA, they wear NCMA badges AND last night the DO told us last night that they were in a 90 day consultation over the predicament with NCMA and that should we wish to complain then contact NCMA and that all our enquiries would no doubt be directed straight to BROMLEY from here on and especially from the 18th April.

SO totally confused now and don't know what to thinki
    Definitely not blaming you Claire I just wish sometimes that I could wave a magic wand and it would be explained to everyone how these things work. There are many at fault over that like the councils and maybe NCMA for not making it clear.

My network coordinator had exactly the same happen for the last 2 years with the 90 day consultation but then our council agreed to pay for her (via NCMA) for another 12 months. This year I am not so sure it is going to happen.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast