Development Workers....GONE
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Registered Childminder since
    Jan 84
    Post Thanks / Like

We are in the same predicament on our network, but as usual everyone is burying their heads and not prepared to talk about it, so I could be losing three children if I can't deliver the EYE, so I will be having to look for a job as well
    Teacake2

Jan 01
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by claire'scherubs View Post
    Ok to all those that have been saying that I am blaming NCMA for the cuts then I apologise.

That is what I have always been told by the DO that they are employed by the NCMA, they wear NCMA badges AND last night the DO told us last night that they were in a 90 day consultation over the predicament with NCMA and that should we wish to complain then contact NCMA and that all our enquiries would no doubt be directed straight to BROMLEY from here on and especially from the 18th April.

SO totally confused now and don't know what to thinki

It is very confusing and as it has already been pointed out both the LA and NCMA could have handled informing childminders in a a 'less confusing way'. Until recently I worked for NCMA and our contract was not renewed by the LA. We were very limited to what we could say to childminders as the LA seemed to want to say you are loosing your development officer, but not in such a clear way that it caused uproar!

The development officers work for the NCMA but will be governed by a LA contract, so when the LA did not renew the contract then the funding to NCMA to employ the staff ceases.

Mosts regions who did not have their contract renewed contacted childminders to ask them for their feedback which is collated at Bromely and then passed back to the LA, there is actually not alot that can be done at this stage but its always worth sending to local MP's etc to try and get some backing to secure funding.

I know that we had our hands tied to what we could tell childminders by the LA which caused alot of confusion, alot of childminders in the area confused the job of a development officer with what service they recieved from their NCMA membership, infact some thought that their membership funded the NCMA staff.

Obviously I feel fo rmy ex colleauges as where I worked not just the NCMA are being made redundant but nearly the whole early years workforce, but just as importantly in an area where there has been alot of support, I worry who is now going to offer this support, according to the LA, the children's centre manager, which is fine if they are pro-childminders and has some knowledge and understanding of what we do, but if not where do you go for advice and support? here I suppose

feb 11
    Non childminder member
    ex childminder
    Post Thanks / Like

Ares in blackburn with darwen seem to be unknown at the moment, well at least mine , she never knows if she is coming or going anyway

Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

In this area they don't know if Northants Childminding Association will exisitafter April. Nobody knows yet.

May 03
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Think its the same in all areas Early Years seems to be taking the hit everywhere. I know in North Lincolnshire they were meeting last week I think to decide where the cuts were being made there was a big meeting. They are now waiting to hear who still has a job.

We could lose really good lead teachers and DO's and no doubt the higher ups sat in offices who make stupid decisions will get to keep there jobs.
    love Kate
    Save the earth it's the only planet with chocolate

mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

We have just been told that our development worker loses her job at the end of the month..... She only found out herself last week!!! Lincolnshire county council isn't funding NCMA in Lincolnshire any more so support will be non existent!! We are losing a very good development worker

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12