OMG kids can get us in SO much trouble...
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Registered Childminder since
    July 08
    Post Thanks / Like

perhaps the mum said that you were like nanny mcphee - ie. childcare - but then the LO decided that nanny mcphee would lock you in a dungeon?!?!?!
    Blessed Be!

oct 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

my 2 year old mindee told her nana that i knocked her over and banged her head, which in truthness i did but she was getting under my feet in my narrow hallway and i accidently turned round and knocked her flying!

a couple of days later she told me that nana had pushed her down the stairs, she told me this in front of nana who agreed with her that she did but it wasn't as dramatic as t sounds as the same had happened, she was getting under nana feet while she was carrying a tray and LO fell down the 2 steps she has going down to her kitchen!

this LO has a habit of having to be there where the action is and is very nosey so is constantly by your legs!

Dec 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I had a 4yr old tell his parents I shouted all the time and he hated coming to mine, they removed him from my setting. Whenever I attend school functions he smiles and frantically waves at me until I wave back
    Paula

Apr 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kindredspirits View Post
    perhaps the mum said that you were like nanny mcphee - ie. childcare - but then the LO decided that nanny mcphee would lock you in a dungeon?!?!?!
    lol, no it was "Mummy said you were going to come round if I was bad and lock me in the dungeon under the house! SHe calls you nanny McFea!" her 6 year old sibling agreed! lol

apr 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD yey !
    Post Thanks / Like

Smile Thank you

This thread has been a god send as had this last week with a 2 year old telling a mum at toddler group she was crying because I hit her - nothing to do with being taken down from the snack table for pulling the little girl sat next to her hair and tipping juice over her as she had the pink bowl my mindee wanted obviously a stack of witnesses that had seen what had happened but i did get in a right old panick writing it all up as it's only now I've realised how vunerable we are. ~But this thread has help put me at ease and shown me how common it occurs with these little monkeys.

Dec 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I had a text last week from a parent saying her child is adamant she has had orange today. I said nope she has only had water in an orange cup!

The same child at footy tots told the man that she had come by car and her mummy had drove. We had walked and her mum doesn't drive or own a car! I made sure I told mum about that one
    Paula

jan 11
    Post Thanks / Like

glad i read this thread, i mind an 8 year old girl who in the last week has accused me of swearing ( i didnt), oh told my own mum id been smoking (i dont and im 30yrs old ***), going through a red light ( it changed to amber as i turned right) and pushing her ( i was leaning over her to get lo out of the car seat as she was in the middle of my 3 door car and i never even touched her. she tells me plently of lies about her parents so i just ignore her silly lies but will be speaking to mum next week.

xx

sept 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

I had a 8 year old on Thursday - His mum came to collect he wouldn't leave without his sausages, caulifleur and waffle - He told his mum - you don't cook like Claire her food is made and yours comes from Tesco you just don't cook mum !!
    CWR

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AnnieM View Post
    Many years ago I was informed by one of my parents that her 6 year old daughter had informed her that I tied naughty children to the chairs!! Luckily I also had her 7 year old, much more sensible sister, who told mum it was a load of rubbish. Thankfully, mum new me quite well and was able to see the funny side of it, but we did have to have quite a long chat about telling tales and people (me ) getting into trouble when we tell them.
    I hope mum can see that it is just toddler talk.
    omg, at least it does sound quite ridiculous, what a nightmare they are little monkeys sometimes

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

walking past the pre school one day one of my mindees said 'and thats where all the aunties put us in our dog crates'

Feb 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

I have a LO who likes to tell tales. She told her Mum that she had cut her leg with some scissors at my house (she hadn't been using scissors.) She once told her Mum that I had made her cry (LO had been perfectly happy all day!) Told me that mummy pushed her in to a wall (Mum said LO tripped and bumped in to a wall, Mum was nowhere near her) and Daddy pushed her down the stairs (they live in a flat, no stairs!) And that my son pushed her off a mountain!!!

I really have to watch her!

Oct 97
    Post Thanks / Like

Little man aged 7 tells lots of 'stories' told me he was really Swedish and called soronitch!!!! He has such an imagination

Oct 11.
    Latest Inspection Grade
    x Good x
    Post Thanks / Like

lo 6 told me 'mum was on x factor'
    i asked what has sung and she said 'moves like jagger'
    I asked mum about it and mum had said she had said the same about me. i will not be appearing on x factor or any other singing show i cant sing, i dont need the nation to tell me that.

She also told mum back last week that Ryan's (my son) real mummy and daddy was coming to get him because they want him back.
    Mum rang me once the children were in bed and we had a laugh about it. Mum knows E likes to tell tall tales so we just laugh about it. Can you imagion the trouble that could have caused with social services ect and they say children dont lie. I was there for the birth he's definatley mine!
    Last edited by stardust; 05-12-2011 at 01:04 PM.
    You can’t have everything. Where would you put it?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12