Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    May 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    OUTSTANDING
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Do you run a waiting list?

As the title says really! If you aren't able to help a family at that time do you put them on a waiting list?

Jan 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

I have 2 children on a waiting list, when a space becomes available i let them know, they can then decide if they still want the space before it's advertised
    IS BACK

June 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I wish I was that busy!!!!

x Sarah x

May 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    OUTSTANDING
    Post Thanks / Like

Ha ha I'm not at the moment!

Just getting organised for my return to work and there's very few Cm's in our town (me and two others) so i'm anticipating good things!

Jan 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    OUTSTANDING
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

i didnt until i had a call over the weekend about a 11 month old. Mum is a work mate of my best friend and has asked me to let her know when i get a place...she wanted her little lad to come to me just from talking to her on the phone and what BF said about me.

mandy xxx
    The bats have left the bell tower.....

Nov 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't. I find it discriminates against families who have just arrived in the area and those families such as military families and traveller families (if everyone ran waiting lists, those families and children will ALWAYS lose out). If I have no spaces I just say so, I do say check back another time if you want to, but I don't do a waiting list. If I have a space you can have it, if I don't you can't.

Sept 06
    Post Thanks / Like

I find it useful to keep numbers/details of parents that want a place then when one comes up I will give them a ring.

Ex CM
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Non childminder member
    01/01/09
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't really want to have waiting lists, as they could be waiting for ever! And someone could come along and need it straight away but the person waiting might not need it for a few months.
    First come, first served...always
    Need a laugh? Visit my website: www.unclegargy.deviantART.com

Jul 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I have a waiting list of sorts. I have had quite a few enquiries for spaces in September once the new school year starts. As things stand I will have all my places available as current mindees going full time in sept. The parents that have contacted me all want differing days/ hours and a couple are waiting on confirmation from shcool that they have got a half day nursery place for their child.
    I have told them all to come back to me once they get confirmation of which nursery sessions they have been allocated, and we can then look at sorting contracts. I will also contact them after Easter if I haven't heard from them, to check they still want the places.
    As I only work school term times, September looks like it will be my busy intake time.

May 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    OUTSTANDING
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes I was thinking more of the 'database' type option. Not necessarily only taking on new mindees from the waiting list but at least having some numbers to call when a vacancy comes up. And not necessarily in order that they enquired but more the one that best fitted the space i had.

Post Thanks / Like

I don't keep a waiting list but I do always call back people who have asked for a space, if one becomes available, to see if they still want it.

Apr 00
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by singingcactus View Post
    I don't. I find it discriminates against families who have just arrived in the area and those families such as military families and traveller families (if everyone ran waiting lists, those families and children will ALWAYS lose out). If I have no spaces I just say so, I do say check back another time if you want to, but I don't do a waiting list. If I have a space you can have it, if I don't you can't.
    Whilst I can see your point to some degree I keep peoples details since from a business point of view it would be silly of me to not chase up potential business if things suddenly change with an existing parent. If I am full, as now, I always offer alternative numbers for other minders in the area anyway but most people are very happy for me to hold their details - even had one lady phone me back to say that she had found someone else but thank you for taking the details!
    I'm not paranoid - the world IS out to get me!

june 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    satisfactory
    Post Thanks / Like

I didnt until yesterday, no one really asked me to let them if space came available to let them know, until i had to speak to a parent yesterday whose little one was supposed to be starting with me but due to my assistant leaving i cant help them anymore and they asked me to let them know if something up in the future.
    /joschildminding

Aug 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Merry-Minder View Post
    I wish I was that busy!!!!
    i did laugh a little, i only wish i had enough kids to have a waiting list. x