double buggy

Thread: double buggy

Hybrid View

Post Thanks / Like

Default double buggy

just got back from a wet school run with the worst double buggy in history, i was ready to dump it on the way home. its a side by side one and the rain cover doesn't fit well, it kept on dragging round the canopy. it didnt fit through the school doors so i had to ask for help, i couldn't get it round the corridors!!! ARGH! what a morning! it felt like everyone was laughing at me and how rubbish i was some mums i see cruising round the corridors with buggies without a care in the world! i have to literally lift mind up to maneuver it round!
    can anyone recommend a good double buggy which works for them?

Registered Childminder since
    MAY 03
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: double buggy

I like me silver cross pop duet, but with older children ( 2 plus) in it can be heavy at times, but then i live on a hill, lol.... I can ft through most doorways and find it wasy it use, fold and store away xxxx
    jen xx mum of two and one on the way,
    always on the go!!!!!

Nov 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

how old are the children you have now?
    Happy to be back with the Greenies

Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I had 2 like that, in the end they made my SPD flare up again so I had no choice but to splash out on a Phil & Teds, my word what a difference it made. I also have a Nipper Out N About double if you prefer the side by side. Both are so easy to manouvere, you can push and steer them with one hand and that's with 2 toddlers in them. You def get what you pay for in my experience.

xxxxxx

~Chelle~ Guest

I have a cosatto duet lite and it is fantastic, easy to put up, down ect. x

phoebe-alice Guest

I like to use a Maclaren Twin Techno, which is really easy to steer and fits through most doors. It also comes with a clip on custom rain cover and cosy toes.

It is also quite compact so can fit in the boot of my wee fiesta with just a little push.

I have found if you need to push it with one hand it can be done with ease and curbs seem to be no real issue.

The only think I don't like on it is the lack of storage so if you have bags or coats its a bit of a fab to get them in the basket underneath and the sun visors are a bit flimsy but other than that I would very much recommend.

Hope this helps and that you find something to suit you soon. Good luck.

Apr 10
    Post Thanks / Like

I have phil and teds sport, used it for over two years now first with my own two and now with mindees and still love it, very easy to steer and narrower than a lot of singles so no issues with door ways etc. Both seats on mine recline, it's only on the basic model that they don't.

Aug 01
    Post Thanks / Like

I have got the Britax B dual and love it, the only thing I have found is that the straps on mine are not that big but Britax are sorting it for me by sending me some longer straps.

I like it as both seats (unlike phil & teds) recline and i will need this when next month i will have a 6 & 7 month ols

apr 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I have a 'Baby Jogger City Mini' and I wouldnt be without it. I used to have an old heavy double that actually injured my shoulder it was so heavy and awkward.
    I love it because the hoods almost cover the children in we get caught in the rain ( without a raincover), the seats recline, and they fit up to a 3.5 year old/4 year old at a push. Its so light and I can actually push it with one hand and hold another childs hand. ( I do live on the flat)
    I reviewed so many before I bought this one. Im even considering beuying a single of the version because Im so happy with it.
    It was expensive but worth the investment ( I walk everywhere), Ive had it 18 months now and it still looks new. It also folds in half, not umbrella fold so its quite compact and fits in my boot.

Post Thanks / Like

i had a macarn one unfortunatly i recently moved and left my double buggy and a big bag of out door toys worth a couple of hundred pounds in the outdoor storage area of my old house i am so annoyed with myself