Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Registered Childminder since
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Default What's the best present you have received for childminding

I used to mind for a lovely couple and each year they would give me £250 cash in an envelope with a lovely note saying how they were so happy that I was looking after their two girls This year I have received presents from all of the parents, 1 wrote the most lovely words in the Christmas card she gave me and they have all bought presents for my two children, I feel so lucky ( after reading the other thread,where someone didn't even get a card )
    So......... what's the best present you have received? Hopefully this will cheer everyone up!!!

Nov 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: What's the best present you have received for childminding

not for christmas but once I was minding for a year for a couple who weren't contracted in the school holidays but I had been offering them the 2 days a week I had free in the hols anyway and they'd used them.

I took 2 weeks off in the Summer holidays at the end of that year and they insisted on paying me 2 weeks holiday pay (equivalent to about £200) as they said I'd been minding in the holidays for most of the year anyway I was bowled over to say the least.

However, although that was the most generous, the cards written with thanks and feeling every year which reduce me to tears mean more to me than any presents or gifts and it's the lack of any words or thanks from other parents which upsets me more than anything.
    Last edited by The Juggler; 23-12-2010 at 11:41 AM.

onceinabluemoon Guest

A lovely little travel bubble bath and shower gel set with a scrunchie sponge and hairband.

The mum who gave it to me is on benefits and although it's not an expensive item it would have meant she would have had to go without something to give it to me.

Aug 06
    Post Thanks / Like

A huge "thank you" , a hug and a home made card from the kids and I'm happy!
    ***** proofed the house but they're still getting in!

Apr 05
    Post Thanks / Like

I am pleased with the card I received from the young family I mind for as they have said how grateful they are.....thats all I need, but the bottle of something thats under my tree will be nice too.

I had a family leave who I got on really well with and as a leaving gift the mum had bought me the whole set of Twilight books as we had talked about them a while before and I had said I would like to read them. I loved the fact that she had listened to what I had said and picked up on it

Oct 03
    Post Thanks / Like

Last night one of my mums text me to say she was popping over to pick up little one boots he left here, I said I would bring them over to her today as she only came out of hospital Sunday baby no 2. She said she would come to me , and came armed with presents which I havn't opened but a card which said thanks for all your hard work and support and patience with A (monkey at the moment), the card means so much more than the gifts.

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

My best pressie was from an ex mindee a few years ago. It was a Willow Tree figurine where the angel was holding a shell to her ear. My mindee chose it himself as he remembered me teaching him how to listen to the sea

Best pressie this year was some vouchers for a Yankee Candle site I'm ever so slightly obsessed with them

Sept 06
    Post Thanks / Like

I have a parent who gives me a pressy at the end of every term Today I had a gift bag with some wonderful smellies, a beautiful scarf (I love scarves ) and a lush little card. She also bought 2 big boxes of choccys for my children.

I am feeling very appreciated today

Jun 06
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Grade 6
    Post Thanks / Like

I always receive lovely gifts, so it would be hard to say, but this year my best so far is a gift from my after schoolie, it's a Thomas Sabo style bracelet from M&S ans inside the box it says 'wear this semi-precious rose quartz bracelet as a symbol of how loved and special you are', it made me cry
    Ali xx

Jan 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

mine is my 5 year old mindee who just started here in august crying yesterday cos she's going to miss me over the christmas holidays i got a lovely big hug off her

it shows me i'm going my job right

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I have been spoiled rotten!

I am so made up by the pressies I have received from every single family this year.

I cannot tell you how lovely it is. I never expect anything from anyone and usually get a couple of gifts but this year...

WOW!

Jan 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

i have presents from mindees and their parents but havent opened them yet

one mum kept her 2 boys at home today to give me an extra day off as my christmas present

Ex CM
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Non childminder member
    01/01/09
    Post Thanks / Like

I've had cards of 3 of my famillies and one gave my children a present each and another invited my girls to their daughter's 1st birthday party and they had party bags (older children there).

One parent that I've only known for over a month has given me a lovely card and a giant box of chocolates , I only have her child for 8hrs a week!

But one parent has not given anything at all, no card...nothing. Never mind
    Need a laugh? Visit my website: www.unclegargy.deviantART.com

Aug 01
    Post Thanks / Like

Out of all the children I care for 6 sets of parents, I have only recieved 2 cards and 2 presents.

I dont expect anything but a card would of been nice.

One of my mums went and got me a special card (I only have him 6 1/2 hours a week) which has on the front "you have taken such good care of me" and a lovely verse inside.

feb 10
    Post Thanks / Like

i've cards off everyone and a little pressies for the girls which are under the tree xx
    shelley xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't tend to get presents from parents but they always buy my own two children presents which I think is lovely.

However, tonight when the last mindee left, I got a lovely hug from mum and a "thankyou for everything you have done for us this year" That was the nicest gift ever
    Georgina x

oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

i've had cards/chocs/wine from all my parents this year, and my children have got a few pressies too, which is lovely and unexpected.

but my best present this year was when one of my mums said ''i'm still not discussing you moving away, i don't want you to go" once i had shut the door it made me cry! they are a young family and so sweet and i love them all lots!

Mar 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I got a bottle of vodka (they know me so well ) and a hug and kiss from one parent (only have little one 2hrs a week) they tell me every week they'd be lost without me which is lovely.

I got a bag full of presents for me, my children and even my dog from another parent I wasn't expecting anything from them so I was very choked.

One family turned up today on my day off with a present.

The other 5 families I haven't had a card or even a merry christmas from

Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

I've had some lovely gifts from parents and children over the years - the one that reduced me to a snivelling wreck was the card I got this week from my little 2 year old where mum had written L always says in the car on the way to yours 'my love Becky' (welling up again!)

mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

awww guys, you all sound very appreciated i have 4 sets of parents and recieved 2 cards! (i dont expect anything, i know times are tough but a 'merry christmas' doesnt cost anything lol), oh well i still love them all.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast