Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Registered Childminder since
    June 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Official ROOM 101 of Childminding

hmm where do I start, parents who 'forget' to give their child breakfast then turn up at 9 saying child is hungry

Ofsted (of course)
    No show's
    spare clothes that are clearly 2 small
    parents sending sick children

especially hate parents that send their children in light clothing when its freezing and they have their warm coat scarf etc, dont they know its even colder sitting still in a buggy, and they wonder how their child gets sick
    Michelle x:current loss to date - 100lb clapping:

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by michellethegooner View Post
    hmm where do I start, parents who 'forget' to give their child breakfast then turn up at 9 saying child is hungry
    Ofsted (of course)
    No show's
    spare clothes that are clearly 2 small
    parents sending sick children

especially hate parents that send their children in light clothing when its freezing and they have their warm coat scarf etc, dont they know its even colder sitting still in a buggy, and they wonder how their child gets sick
    How can they forget? it happens so much but i can never understand it
    Your parents send spare clothing?
    Monkey by Name........Monkey by Nature!

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

when you have made a big effort with snack, ie yesterday we had popadoms and mango chutney (in honour of diwali) and a selection of dips with bread sticks and carrot sticks..................and one pipes up ''is that it?is that all we are having?''
    Monkey by Name........Monkey by Nature!

oct 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

all the above for me and a child relalated one........

toddlers who have an obsession with straps and constantly do them up! so you go to put a baby in the highchair or pushchair and the straps are fastened up so you have to get them out again and undo them

January
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Pipsqueak View Post
    Sorry Venus - I have nothing against EYPs in general - just the ones at my local CC - should have made it clear. There are 5 EYP's based there and only one of them isn't a pretentious, supercillious, condescending, stuck up own bottoms moos. They look down their long noses, treat everyone else with utter contempt, possessive over resources, no interest in what others are doing.
    One of them is the latest culprit in ousting the childminding group
    I was just curious Sounds like they're a nightmare, they're no better than you or I and have no more right to anything. We shall definately have to relegate people who think they're better because of taking a certain course to room 101....
    Familiarity breeds contempt - and children Mark Twain

Feb 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

Totally agree with those who said SEF/ masses of risk assessments/ paperwork for paperworks sake.
    Also people not realising that this is a REAL job that entails lots of HARD WORK!

January
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sweets View Post
    all the above for me and a child relalated one........

toddlers who have an obsession with straps and constantly do them up! so you go to put a baby in the highchair or pushchair and the straps are fastened up so you have to get them out again and undo them
    oh yes!
    Familiarity breeds contempt - and children Mark Twain

May 03
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Every single one of my Parents

THe one who has the last three months envelopes with invoices in her daily diary still unopened (she pays same amount each week so doesn't need to look at htem0 thelastone contained a form to be returned, a newsletter and a couple of other bits. This is also the same parent who has been told (well I know she doesn't read her daily diary) for the past three weeks that i was nearly out of nappies so when her child poohed this week literally just before mum came to pick up and was on her way out with child she had to go home to change him first and was not happy - er not my fault as I have no nappies - well I conveniently forgot hte two I have in the car for when we go out oops).

The one who has informed me this week that she hadn't booked her daughter in for five morning sessions at nursery from January but for 2 and a half days so that she could save money and would only have to pay me for before and after nursery hours and wasvery upset with me when I informed her that she will have to pay for hte whole day a her child will still be in my under 5 numbers and not school age children - she is not a happy bunny.

The oarent who has texted me this morning at 8 am to say oh by the way I forgot to text until now to let you know my child won't be in till after 9 ( fine but could you not have told me last night then I could have had a lay in instead of getting up at 6.30 for child coming at 7,30

oh and even my wonderful parents whose 8mth old has screamed for the past three days from 8 - 6pm because at home when he screams he is picked up and can't understand why the same doesn't happen at my house.

Oh and the nursery worker the other week who couldn't understand why childminders came on the same trainings as htem as they don't have to do what they do ( wouldn't mind but I know this woman as I had her children at one point all nightmares) so I replied that s right I won't et paid for being her and when I finish here I will have been working since 7.30 until 6pm then cam estriaght her without any tea and when I get home have to starton my paperwork for the day.
    love Kate
    Save the earth it's the only planet with chocolate

june 92
    Post Thanks / Like

Developement officers who used to be childminders themselves. And think themselves important like Ofsted..........

Jun 06
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Grade 6
    Post Thanks / Like

Sand! The stuff should be contained to the beach
    Ali xx

Pipsqueak Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Alibali View Post
    Agreed

june 92
    Post Thanks / Like

Parents: who text 30 mins after child should be with you You sit waiting when you could have left and got a job done in the town instead your hanging round waiting. They dont think we should have a life.

~Chelle~ Guest

Runny nappies, still make me gag , if you child is ill, keep them, and their runny nappies, at home with you

Non paying lying parents who say that they have cancer, to gain sympathy, when they clearly don't and when confronted about it, after termination of contract, say "Oh Chelle, what an over active imagination you have, when did I ever say I had cancer", erm in my kitchen, cying your blooming eyes out with my hubby and friend sitting in the living room who heard it all

Spoilt children who always ask "why" or "my mummy always lets me"

SEF, What is the point of repeating yourself for every other question???? Drove me insane!

Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Alibali View Post
    Oh I have to intervine (sp!!) on this one. Los have too much fun inside and out with sand and I don't live anywhere near a beach.

Move to save the sand

Pipsqueak Guest

Got a new one....

ex mindee - the little witch (Child From Hell) and her parents - the one who's parents are PFH and caused me no end of hell.

Little moobag is the year above James - she was on her bike in the playground, James was stood with me waiting for another child and the little moobag deliberately rode at James first time stopping just in time and laughing. I asked her not to do it. The second time seconds late - she just ploughed straight into the back of James and me - squishing him and banging my poorly leg. Boy did i just shout at the little madam - who was just sat their laughing. Mummy glared at me across the playground and went to say something to me but the teacher intervened and told the brat of for riding in the playground - think mummy thought better of it then.

SO I am sending:

snotty teachers
    up themselves parents
    brat children
    (and sand - move to override Ricky's request of keeping sand)

Pipsqueak Guest

Quote Originally Posted by ~Chelle~ View Post

Non paying lying parents who say that they have cancer, to gain sympathy, when they clearly don't and when confronted about it, after termination of contract, say "Oh Chelle, what an over active imagination you have, when did I ever say I had cancer", erm in my kitchen, cying your blooming eyes out with my hubby and friend sitting in the living room who heard it all

!

OMG Chelle I have had one non-paying parent tell me this - that they had cancer. I was sick to the core to find out that it was lies. Apparently this woman has used this despicable lie to 3 other childminders, she has used the lie to others that her CHILD had cancer as well.
    Sick sick sick b*tch.

Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Got a new one....

ex mindee - the little witch (Child From Hell) and her parents - the one who's parents are PFH and caused me no end of hell.

Little moobag is the year above James - she was on her bike in the playground, James was stood with me waiting for another child and the little moobag deliberately rode at James first time stopping just in time and laughing. I asked her not to do it. The second time seconds late - she just ploughed straight into the back of James and me - squishing him and banging my poorly leg. Boy did i just shout at the little madam - who was just sat their laughing. Mummy glared at me across the playground and went to say something to me but the teacher intervened and told the brat of for riding in the playground - think mummy thought better of it then.

SO I am sending:

snotty teachers
    up themselves parents
    brat children
    (and sand - move to override Ricky's request of keeping sand)

Oh no what a horrible child. My goodness. I don't blame you for putting them in. I'll help you pull the lever.

Please don't put the sand in, please, my los will be desolate

Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

The incident with the bicycles makes me think that all the scooters and bikes that children madly ride around the playground while their mums stand chatting and ignoring them while they reek havoc. Bashing into everyone, running over feet and into legs.

All the mums (for letting them) and the los can go in.

Note to schools: please ban the things form the school grounds and enforce it please.

Oct 02
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Parents who say as a punishment for being little s**** they are not going to have their sweetie Friday - what was that bag full of tonight then??????????

Parents who say they will collect early and come late

Parents who come late, don't apologise and look challengingly at me.

Children's centre - promising lots to our childminding group if we went there, stick us in a pokey room and slowly use it for their storage. Also bin the workers there for being so bitchy behind our backs.

cdo for being clueless about eyfs and the needs of children (wonder how she was ever a childminder)

~Chelle~ Guest

OMG Chelle I have had one non-paying parent tell me this - that they had cancer. I was sick to the core to find out that it was lies. Apparently this woman has used this despicable lie to 3 other childminders, she has used the lie to others that her CHILD had cancer as well.
    Sick sick sick b*tch.
    That was just the start of her web of lies. She even told me, a year after her daughter had been with me, that her daughter had a pacemaker fitted when she was 4. I asked her why she hadnt told me at the start of contract and she said that she never told her daughter about it.

When we went to the beach, her daughter got changed and there was no scar there, another one of her sick fantasies.

The list is endless and goes on and on.

Wonder how some of these sick twisted people sleep at night? x

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast