What do I give parents who have given notice?
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    May 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default What do I give parents who have given notice?

Am I right in thinking I give them their learning journals ? only problem with that is im waiting for my first ofsted visit and wont have anything to show them as now only have one mindee for 3 hours once a week. Can anyone advise? thank you
    I love my friends who live inside my laptop xx

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Re: What do I give parents who have given notice?

Ofsted do not want to see LJs for children who have left your care... these go home with the parents at the end of the contract.

You could make up a dummy one / sample one of your child etc if you want something to show Ofsted.

Mar 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

They won't inspect you unless you have early years children on your roll. I had same problem and they told me to ring them back once I was working with early years again.

Penny1959 Guest

I made up a dummy one for my pre reg with all the documents that I planned to use.- a long with a post it on each page saying how often did it and when parents would have input.

Maybe you could copy a few bits from the LO who is leaving - blank out name and put in as examples of what you have done - to show how fits in with your documents.

Would be useful to have because once you have a mindee for inspection to take place - may not have much time to gather evidence.

Penny