Ideas for my soaking garden pls
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Jan 10
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Ideas for my soaking garden pls

Hi I have a good sized garden with some small and large equipment. Its great in the summer but right now, even though the sun is shining, its like a soggy bog!!

Is it ok just to use the park everyday? and close off my garden inthe winter,unless it snows of course lol then I'll be the first one out there

Or has anyone got any ideas how to make it weather proof? I had a leaflet through the other day about this fake grass but I rent so probably not feasible for me to do. xx

Nov 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Ideas for my soaking garden pls

ours is the same. I just get littlies in their all in one suits and wellies and let them get on with it

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

We have pretty much the same problem.
    This spring my dh put in a ' French drain' we are hoping this will ease the problem.

http://www.gardenadvice.co.uk/howto/...d/frenchdrain/

Jan 10
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twinkles View Post
    We have pretty much the same problem.
    This spring my dh put in a ' French drain' we are hoping this will ease the problem.

http://www.gardenadvice.co.uk/howto/...d/frenchdrain/
    Thanks looks like I'm in need of a handyman

June 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Very Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Ours used to look like it had a pond in the middle when it was heavy rain so we got it landscaped and drainage put in, what a difference its made
    Joy xx

nov 04
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Juggler View Post
    ours is the same. I just get littlies in their all in one suits and wellies and let them get on with it
    This is what I do. but I am thinking about getting the artificial grass. Just waiting to see if we get the grant for it. If not I need to start saving.

oct 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

i can see how artificial grass is beneficial and prob has its place in school sports feilds but i would never ever have it! what about nature and the feel and smell of proper grass to crawl and play on.

yoo can maybe help the drainage by spiking the grass all over and brushing in lots of sand, it will look messy to start with but should really improve it over time

nov 04
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sweets View Post
    i can see how artificial grass is beneficial and prob has its place in school sports feilds but i would never ever have it! what about nature and the feel and smell of proper grass to crawl and play on.

yoo can maybe help the drainage by spiking the grass all over and brushing in lots of sand, it will look messy to start with but should really improve it over time
    Not worried about the smell n feel of the grass. we can go to the park for that.

Its all the mud thats gets brought in on their shoes/wellies and their all-in- ones everyday and the toys....... get fed up washing them.

Plus hubby will be made up not having to cut it.

Nov 93
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by juejue View Post
    Not worried about the smell n feel of the grass. we can go to the park for that.

Its all the mud thats gets brought in on their shoes/wellies and their all-in- ones everyday and the toys....... get fed up washing them.

Plus hubby will be made up not having to cut it.
    O I agree totally, we have a larged barked area at the moment which is totally unsuitable for under 3's. We have had quotes for artificial grass but we are looking at 4-5k (theres not grants for anything in this area) Hubby suffers from bad hayfever and would just not have time at weekends to mow a lawn.

may 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

everytime it rained our garden would flood and become a sticky mess so we got rid of the grass and block pavved the whole garden,, its great they can go out in all weathers, i can clean the dog poop up more effienctly, the ride on toys work and the kids love it!
    as for the real grass thing we reguarly take walks to palks and local woods with the children so they get all that there