Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Registered Childminder since
    dec 06
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: 'just a childminder'

Im very lucky as my MIL thinks that looking after children is the most important yet hard work a person can do so is 100% supportive of me and can often be heard telling her son various ways to help me and give me a break so i can put my feet up.

Bless her, i love her so much!
    PRINCESS DAISY FLOWER

2. Likes Lilylulu liked this post
    Apr 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Its my FIl that i have the most trouble with.\
    He is constantly saying to my hubby " you used to have such anice house it spoilt with all that RUBBISH now, refering to toys etc.

He also thinks im being JUST a childminder until i get a PROPER job

I love my job
    I love my messy and cluttered house
    I love all the kids i mind

My FIL can go suck on a dolls house
    Im in the pub

Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

Usually I just smile politely when I'm called a babysitter but a couple of times I haven't been able to stop myself informing them I bought home just over £28,000 last year for my 'little job', they don't say it twice!!

Jan12
    Post Thanks / Like

Sorry to revive an old thread, but have you seen this post that is going about facebook currently?

Teachers' hefty salaries are driving up taxes, causing recession, and so we have to take the money from elsewhere because of these greedy teachers, their massive salaries are a drain on society, and they only work for what? 9 or 10 months a year!

It's time we put thing in perspective and pay them for what they do - babysit! Surely we can get that for minimum wage?

That's right. Let's give them £6.00 an hour and only for the hours they worked; not any of that silly planning time, holiday pay, pensions, etc, or any time they spend before or after school. It's only child minding after all....

That would be £39.00 a day (7:45 AM to 3:00 PM with 45 minutes off for lunch and planning, that equals 6 1/2 hours work per day).

We should privatise the schools, and the teachers, we'll pay it. Each parent should pay £39 a day for these teachers to baby-sit their children. Now how many students do they teach in a day? Maybe 30? So that's £39.00 x 30 = £1,170.00 a day. However, remember they only work 180 days a year!!! I am not going to pay them for any vacations.

LET'S SEE.... That's £1,170 X 180 days = £210,600 per year. (Hold on, somethings wrong here! My calculator must need new batteries).

What about those special education teachers and the ones with Master's degrees who've been doing it for years? Well, we could pay them a little more (£7.75 an hour), and just to be fair to them, let's round it off to £8.00 an hour. That would be £8 X 6 1/2 hours X 30 children X 180 days = £280,800 per year. Wait a minute, someone's messing with my calculator -- there's something wrong here!

There sure is:
    The average teacher's salary (nationwide figures from Sept 2011) is just over £30,000. So £30,000 divided by 180 days = £166.66 per day divided by 30 students = £5.55 per day divided by 6.5 hours = £0.85 per hour per student.

Which is a very inexpensive baby-sitter and they even EDUCATE our kids! WHAT A DEAL!!!!

Heaven forbid we take into account the rights of all workers (holiday pay, pensions, etc) or highly qualified teachers and heads...

Make a teacher smile; re-post this to show your appreciation, and stop listening to the Tories and their figures....

Did you spot what has annoyed me so much about this? Bet you did !!!

Post Thanks / Like

Oh yes definitely. My nan started crying the other day because I was the only grandchild she was proud of - doing a degree and having a great vocation. And I want to give it all up for what? Babysitting all day.

Um yes, because that's exactly what childminders do....

Jan 201
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

i had a friend - who is a teacher - say to me "It's better than working isn't it".
    Oh sorry, I forgot im not working - im just doing it for fun!

Sept 09
    Post Thanks / Like

Some first time parents who come for an interview are shocked when they are handed my prospectus which includes my policies and procedures etc. Then when they realise that they have to sign a contract and I have a level 3 diploma and first aid certificate they are amazed. Comments are usually, "Gosh your a prpoer business then? I thought you were a babysitter."
    Why hasn't Gary Barlow come to my rescue yet?

Oct 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Bunny View Post
    Totally agree with you.
    I had a similar comment from one of my mindees grandparents, she said it must be easy being a childminder and staying at home all day.
    Kindly explained all the paperwork i do, (listed it all to her lol) the educational outings i undertake, courses i do and that i am doing the diploma in childcare.
    Her reply was really all that to look after children.
    Some people have no idea!

My mum is exactly the same, except she always adds at the end 'what a waste of time'

10. Likes Footprints liked this post
    Mar 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    OUTSTANDING
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PRINCESSDAISYFLOWER View Post
    you wait till people start refering to you as a "babysitter" or ask you how your "wee" job is going!
    One of my schoolies aged 8 used to call me her babysitter until I told her that I wasnt a babysitter, baby sitters dont have to do ljs, obs, planning, ras, inspections etc. She got the message coz she stopped calling me it!
    If all else fails......add glitter!

Post Thanks / Like

When people ask me 'do you not want to get a proper job', I smugly smile and say why on earth would I want to work at a job I don't enjoy for £200 a week when I can earn more than double that every week doing a job I love. Ha, you should see their faces when they click that I'm earning way more than them lol. Obviously don't mention that I have a load of expenses on that lol.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PRINCESSDAISYFLOWER View Post
    Im very lucky as my MIL thinks that looking after children is the most important yet hard work a person can do so is 100% supportive of me and can often be heard telling her son various ways to help me and give me a break so i can put my feet up.

Bless her, i love her so much!
    I have a very supportive mil too. She constantly says how hard I've worked to be accredited and have my lv 3 along with bringing up our 4young busy boys and working. She tells anyone who listens how good our home is and the outings the children get taken on and always says dont forget to relax! Bless her...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12