Quick question about childcare.co.uk
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Lady Haha Guest

Default Quick question about childcare.co.uk

Do parents receive an email to say they have a message?

I've just joined and found a parent who contacted me ages ago for after school care and at the time I had no vacancies. I have sent her a message to say I do have vacancies now if she hasn't been able to find anything suitable, but she hasn't been on there for a few months now. If she doesn't receive an email to tell her I've sent her a message, she may never know if she doesn't log back in. I could email her directly then, but I don't want to do that if she gets an email from childcare.co.uk as well as it will look like I'm hounding her!

Also, do we get an email to say we have a message waiting?

Thanks in advance!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Quick question about childcare.co.uk

I'm not sure about the parents bit, but would assume so. I have received e-mails to say that people have looked at my info, people have added me to their like list (or whatever it's called) and that somebody has sent me a message. HTH x

Registered Childminder since
    Post Thanks / Like

hey hun - yes, I'm sure they do get an email alert to say a message has been received.

I'm not 100% sure but I think that also if you go into your sent messages - there is an icon on the left (next to the message you sent) which has a closed envelope picture to mean they haven't read the message yet - and an opened envelope picture to show the recipient has read it

HTH X
    a mummy to a new puppy! My lovely King Charlie!

Registered Childminder since
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Richard who runs childcare.co.uk is a member on the forum.

I'd ask him if I were you!

aly Guest

they will only get an email if they set their preferences to email them...if she hasnt then no it wont email her..its the same for viewing and a message.

if there is a number on there give her a ring and say you did send a mesage but not sure if it would alert her or not.

Post Thanks / Like

By default all members receive an email notification if they are sent a message from another member.

It is possible to turn off the email notifications via the My Email Settings option in your account but most people keep the notifications active as per the default settings.

Let me know if you have any more questions.

Lady Haha Guest

Thanks everyone! I've seen the little envelope next to the sent message and it's still closed, so if its still closed by the end of the week, I'll email her her on Monday as her email address is on her profile.