Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Toy guns

Registered Childminder since
    June 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Toy guns

The soldiers are doing a fantastic job and must be supported! I am very proud of our armed forces and will support them 100%, They will always be heroes to us, not "Knife wielding thugs" imo
    xx Beckie xx

Jan 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Beckieboo View Post
    The soldiers are doing a fantastic job and must be supported! I am very proud of our armed forces and will support them 100%, They will always be heroes to us, not "Knife wielding thugs" imo
    I am VERY proud of each and every one of them, including my sister and my 2 brother in laws

I also FULLY agree with the reasons why we are there, the fact that local people welcome them with open arms, have kids giving them their sweets (if they have them) men trying to kiss an army mans feet as they are so happy they are there how sad that people can't see past the media reports
    IS BACK

Sept 95
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kindredspirits View Post
    the BBC reported that 'tower 7' had collapsed about 10 minutes before it did collapse - how you can trust anything that they say after that I do not know. You can physically see the tower standing behind the reporter - just one of the many proofs that it was not the result of jet fuel burning at impossibly high temps.
    there is something really weird about this i agree . my hubs watches these videos and he thinks we have been manipulated in a huge way

Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I will hear nothing said against our armed forces, not the ones who died in past wars or the brave lads who died in present wars. They are all Heros.

Strange but years ago all children played cowboys and indians, GI Joe and Lost in Space games, roman soldiers, with all manner of guns and knives and swords.

Yet the youth had respect, self control, a sense of community, morals and above all honour.

Today they dont play with any of these toys but the streets are infested with sick weapon wielding muderous thugs.

I dont pretend to know the answer, but i do know that what we are doing is so not working
    we dont stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing

june 05
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wendywu View Post
    I will hear nothing said against our armed forces, not the ones who died in past wars or the brave lads who died in present wars. They are all Heros.

Strange but years ago all children played cowboys and indians, GI Joe and Lost in Space games, roman soldiers, with all manner of guns and knives and swords.

Yet the youth had respect, self control, a sense of community, morals and above all honour.

Today they dont play with any of these toys but the streets are infested with sick weapon wielding muderous thugs.

I dont pretend to know the answer, but i do know that what we are doing is so not working
    you said that so much better than I could of x

Jan 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

VERY VERY well said wendy
    IS BACK

May 10
    Post Thanks / Like

Just because you're in the army it doesn't make you a hero. I don't agree with the war at all. Our soldiers aren't fighting for our country. This doesn't mean they're bad, they have a job to do and are doing it to the best of their abilities. But I don't have to support the war, the soldiers or the government that sent them there. Obviously I feel bad for anyone who's son/daughter/husband/wife/mother/father dies out there though, they are dying for no reason.
    JoJo x

Apr 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD!!
    Post Thanks / Like

Well said, that girl!!!!

x jo
    Brrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!

Jan 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dare4Distance View Post
    Just because you're in the army it doesn't make you a hero. I don't agree with the war at all. Our soldiers aren't fighting for our country. This doesn't mean they're bad, they have a job to do and are doing it to the best of their abilities. But I don't have to support the war, the soldiers or the government that sent them there. Obviously I feel bad for anyone who's son/daughter/husband/wife/mother/father dies out there though, they are dying for no reason.
    thats your view, but not mine

thats the reason why we have debates cos boy wou;dnt it be a boring place if we all agreed on everything?

and sorry but they ARE heros
    IS BACK

Aug 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

DITTO

Both of my children have played with guns (ds/dd) and I talk to them about how they are to respect them and understand the damage that they do. I also used to work in a gun shop and have a very healthy respect for guns. I know and have known many military personel and they are doing their job. We should supprt them even if we do not agree with the politics.

Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hebs View Post

they ARE heros
    They are all heros!!!!!.
    It is the job they chose, they know the risks, thats what makes them heros.
    They dont ask to be deployed to these places they are TOLD where they are to be deployed.

These men and women have my utmost respect.
    Needs to Zumba

Jan 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ORKSIE View Post
    They are all heros!!!!!.
    It is the job they chose, they know the risks, thats what makes them heros.
    They dont ask to be deployed to these places they are TOLD where they are to be deployed.

These men and women have my utmost respect.
    exactly

same as the police, fire fighters etc

they go into a job knowing it could potentially put their life in danger but they do it to protect US.
    IS BACK

Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

[
    QUOTE=Dare4Distance;747165]Just because you're in the army it doesn't make you a hero. I
    It makes you more of a hero than the low life scum that walk the streets at the moment.

It makes you a hero because you took an oath and are honouring it, regardless of your views.

It makes you a hero because you stand your ground and dont run in the face of fear.

It makes you a hero because you look out for your mates as much as you look out for yourself.

It just a good job that the soliders that fought the Nazi Party in the WW11 didnt hold the view of disagreeing with war.

We dont live in a perfect world and i am sorry to say that somewhere in the world someone will be fighting someone.

Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

exactly

same as the police, fire fighters etc

they go into a job knowing it could potentially put their life in danger but they do it to protect US.
    Well said
    Needs to Zumba

Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

[

It makes you more of a hero than the low life scum that walk the streets at the moment.

It makes you a hero because you took an oath and are honouring it, regardless of your views.

It makes you a hero because you stand your ground and dont run in the face of fear.

It makes you a hero because you look out for your mates as much as you look out for yourself.

It just a good job that the soliders that fought the Nazi Party in the WW11 didnt hold the view of disagreeing with war.

We dont live in a perfect world and i am sorry to say that somewhere in the world someone will be fighting someone.
    Absolutely x
    Needs to Zumba

Kimmy050983 Guest

Absolutely and wholeheartedly agree with this. Even my generation (and i am not so old i think at 26) was a TOTAL different kind of generation when young. we still played with our baby borns at the age of 13... we were still children then. nowadays children are little grown ups at the age of 11...it is sad.
    my main goal for my son is to keep his childhood treasured for as long as i can.

Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

But all said and done i do not allow any games that contain weapons of any kind.

Thats my opinion and my policy....But.. I respect everyone elses opinions
    Needs to Zumba

Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

[
    QUOTE=ORKSIE;747192]But all said and done i do not allow any games that contain weapons of any kind.
    ]

I dont have any either, but looking at it i dont quite know why.

May 10
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes, correct, they are fighting to protect US. The United States. Not Britain. They're not fighting for Queen and Country, they're fighting for the government. Britain wasn't under threat till it got involved in American's war. If they hadn't have gotten involved then 7/7 probably wouldn't have happened.
    JoJo x

Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

[ ]

I dont have any either, but looking at it i dont quite know why.
    me neither...is it because of the nanny state we live in...or the worry of what OFSTED might think...I dont know. It just seems wrong to me to let LO's play at shooting and stabbing and killing each other.
    xx
    Needs to Zumba

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast