Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Registered Childminder since
    Feb 03
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Information Commissioners Office

When I registered, I phoned them up and they sent me form no. N943 Childminder Template and handbook ( saves you printing out all the paperwork).
    I was asked to review draft, read and complete additional information and then to sign and return with payment which I eventually did and am now the proud owner of a piece of paper confirming my entry in the register.

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tigertots View Post
    I have been on the web site for ICO and can't find where you find the form. Can anyone tell me what to click on
    thanks
    I'd give them a ring and ask! It's much easier than trying to navigate that website

Apr 00
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I have already registered but I can't help but think that the world has gone completely mad.

You have to register if you take digital photos - even if you delete them after printing but you don't need to if you use an analog or disposable camera - havene't you taken the picture just the same?

Its just another money grabbing scheme to boost the coffers of the government.
    I'm not paranoid - the world IS out to get me!

Oct 03
    Post Thanks / Like

We received an early years publication from the council before Christmas which gave a brief summary of the ICO, the guide lines from the council were very unclear. I called the ICO and as Sarah said even using a digital camera means you need to register. I let my council know and I also called the NCMA and asked them to clarify this in the next edition of Who Minds. I have tried to pass the message to other local childminders but they still seem to think its an option not a necessity.

Jul 84
    Post Thanks / Like

OK Thanks I will ring in the morning

Aug 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Sarah, I have meant to do it for a while, but hadn't looked up their number. Phoned & form on the way to me.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Daftbat View Post
    I have already registered but I can't help but think that the world has gone completely mad.

You have to register if you take digital photos - even if you delete them after printing but you don't need to if you use an analog or disposable camera - havene't you taken the picture just the same?

Its just another money grabbing scheme to boost the coffers of the government.
    makes no sense to me either I would have thought there would be more risk sending them off to one of the printing companies when you have no idea who could get their hands on them

Post Thanks / Like

Another nonsensical ruling

If you take a picture and immediately delete it from your camera then you dont have any data to protect since you have already got rid of it?

Makes absolutely no sense at all.

Jul 84
    Post Thanks / Like

easy peasy rang and they will send paperwork just need to fill it in and send back with payment
    Thanks

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12