Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Grants

Registered Childminder since
    sept 09
    Post Thanks / Like

Question Grants

Hi All! I went to the nursery exhibition on Saturday in Bournemouth, whilst I was there I was talking to one of the suppliers and she asked if I had applied for all of my grants, I said no and she replied that I need to get a move on because they will soon end! I had my start up grant when I first started but have not heard about anything else, does anyone else know about these grants and if so what are they and who are they for???

Registered Childminder since
    July 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Grants

was she talking about the Capital Grant? In certain areas CMs are being awarded a grant (mine was £250) to buy new resources that help with the child's learning and development. Get onto your local council or Sure Start and they should be able to advise you. I know some areas are giving more than £250, it all depends where you are.

Hope that helps.

Hels xx