Hellllppppppppp!
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Hellllppppppppp!

Hey I didn't know where to put this so sorry if it's in the wrong place. I got a disciplinary hearing on fri and could lose my job! So I was wondering, As I am doing a level 3 in childcare if i sent my CV to child based jobs would i get a shot as I am trying to gain a qualification?

I didn't want to apply and than get rejected!

Lisa

Registered Childminder since
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Hellllppppppppp!

Sorry to hear about the disciplinary. I hope you're ok.

If you are moving towards level 3 then you might be considered for level 3 positions but it would depend if the company to which you apply are willing to continue paying for your training.

Good luck with it all

Nov 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

not sure I understand properly hon. are you working in a nursery now? Are you asking whether any other nurseries would take you on given what has happened? or, whether they might not want to take you on as they'll have to pay for your training?

I think it all depends on what the hearing is for hon (didn't want to pry). Don't forget whatever the outcome, you are entitled to appeal the decision and you're allowed a representative. Are you in a union?

Post Thanks / Like

i work in a supermarket(sainsburys) And im asking if nurseries would take me on as im not actually qualified yet? lol

Im hoping I don't get the sack as i do like my job! But i do want to work with children.

Lisa

Nov 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lisa-philp View Post
    i work in a supermarket(sainsburys) And im asking if nurseries would take me on as im not actually qualified yet? lol

Im hoping I don't get the sack as i do like my job! But i do want to work with children.

Lisa
    i would wait until your hearing hon. HOpefully you will be cleared or just a warning or if the worst happens you can appeal. Then, once it's sorted, if you want to work in a nursery then go for it.

If you get sacked, you will have to tell your new employers on your application why you left your last job so that's why you appealing the decision is so important.

July 93
    Post Thanks / Like

Good luck! Hope it turns out well for you.

Post Thanks / Like

Good luck tomorrow - hope it turns out as you want

Miffy xx
    Keep smiling!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Juggler View Post
    i would wait until your hearing hon. HOpefully you will be cleared or just a warning or if the worst happens you can appeal. Then, once it's sorted, if you want to work in a nursery then go for it.

If you get sacked, you will have to tell your new employers on your application why you left your last job so that's why you appealing the decision is so important.
    Hi and thanks. I've ben told be numerous people that i should be ok and it would take alot more than a little sickness for them to sack me.

But will still apply for nursery jobs!

Lisa

Post Thanks / Like

Also Ive postponed my meeting untill mon now as my union rep isn't in till than.

Lisa

Nov 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Also Ive postponed my meeting untill mon now as my union rep isn't in till than.

Lisa
    glad you've got a union rep hon. if you join a nursery make sure you stay in, or join another union. some nursery chains (and independents) have an horrendous record for employee rights.

and for the record it is notoriously hard to sack somoene or discipline them for being sick. unless you were off sick and spotted out somewhere (which happened to someone I knew once) so I think you'll be fine

Post Thanks / Like

I just finished work and I have had my hearing. Because I got sent home from the last sickness by the duty they gave me a written which is what i was on before so im quite happy about that, but am still looking for a nursery job. So if anyone is around my area that could do with a trainee than im more than happy....lol

Lisa

Nov 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I just finished work and I have had my hearing. Because I got sent home from the last sickness by the duty they gave me a written which is what i was on before so im quite happy about that, but am still looking for a nursery job. So if anyone is around my area that could do with a trainee than im more than happy....lol

Lisa
    I don't understand, are they giving you a warnign for havign too much time off sick? I thought that was illegal now. What did your union rep have to say?

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah they gave me the warning for to much time of sick. It doesn't bother me as I'm looking for another job whilst studying my course. My union rep didnt really say much! they never do.

Lisa x

Nov 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah they gave me the warning for to much time of sick. It doesn't bother me as I'm looking for another job whilst studying my course. My union rep didnt really say much! they never do.

Lisa x
    I don't understand how you can be too sick. I would certainly appeal the decision as it might impact on your future job applications if they are asked about your attendance.

Post Thanks / Like

It works out in the rolling year I've been of for 6 different absences. 1 of them i thought i had food poisoning, the 2nd with toothache and the rest was just random sickness. I don't really know if i want to appeal as I wont be sick no more! lol

Non childminder member
    Business
    Post Thanks / Like

It might be worth checking if they have also done the same to other members of staff with similar levels of sickness. Despite what employment law says, the business world still runs on the principle of "if your face does not fit...." and i see it all the time.

I once had a disciplinary at a job because i had sent an e-mail that made fun of a new computer system that was installed and in the meeting i was told that they were going to go for a six month written warning, which i felt was totally unjustified. I mentioned that another member of staff had recently accidentally forwarded an e-mail with explicit content to a customer and the manager concerned had not taken action. The HR manager looked puzzled and they had to "adjourn" when they came back in they had decided to lessen my punishment to 3 months verbal warning. (I made some friends that day in HR and in upper management. )

The moral of the story? Dont always accept what people give you without question. Everything can be negotiated on some level.

(Ironically, the computer system was a load of rubbish and just got replaced. And who was asked for their opinion on the design and implimention of the new one? Yep, little old me.)