Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast
    Registered Childminder since
    aug 06
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Satisfactory
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: THATS IT -NCMA are officially on my poop list

would not give deposit back as everyone says she that is the idea of a deposit to hold place

oct 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

well after reading all 8 pages of this thread i am sending ypu some hugs pip... i wouldnt like to have gone though what you have and hope i never do, my membership and insurance are up for renewel in sept and i think i will be changing to mm... i have just posted a thread about ncma website and after reading this i dont think i should of bothered .......
    Dust its Fairy Dust

Nov 90
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by manjay View Post
    I too have asked Richard Aris of NCMA to have a look at this thread and respond. After all it is in the public area of the forum and this message will be going out to thousands. NCMA need to understand the ramifications of continuing to use insurance companies that don't fit in with the ethos of NCMA.

Personally for me I want to do something about this as I believe that fundamentally NCMA is a worthwhile organisation (maybe I am in a minority but hey I am a big girl and I can deal with that ) and that is why I have become a member of the Regional Organising Committee to get my views heard.

I seriously hope they take notice.
    I too have been in contact with Richard Aris and pointed all this out to him.

Are you going to the volunteer conference on the 26th? I know Mick M is as he has been elected as NPF perhaps the 3 of us could have a chat about this there.

Cx

Nov 07
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by christine e View Post

Are you going to the volunteer conference on the 26th? I know Mick M is as he has been elected as NPF perhaps the 3 of us could have a chat about this there.

Cx
    Yes I am Christine. I will see you there x

Pipsqueak Guest

Formal complaint made to NCMA and to Richard Aris
    Am considering seeking further advice

Feb o7
    Post Thanks / Like

You go girl!
    Sock it to 'em!

Nov 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Pipsqueak View Post
    Formal complaint made to NCMA and to Richard Aris
    Am considering seeking further advice
    Glad you made it to him Pip and glad the NPF members are going to raise the seriousness of these issues. Hope that they do realise how many people are reading these threads and are feeling unhappy. Seems so many of us have raised the issues at regional forums and directly with NCMA (by e-mail and phone) but we're getting no-where.

How are you feeling Pip?

Pipsqueak Guest

I'm feeling better Juggler. I have taken a stand at least and made official complaints. I am contemplating taking further advice as well because to me NCMA have failed me big time here when all I done was use the documentation that they tell us we HAVE to use to be covered and secure, I have follwed their advice - which is obviously WRONG on their website.
    they haven't kept members up to date with what is obviously a concern. (Although apparently I am the first ever person to have this problem according to the legal blokey).
    NCMA have caused me distress and stress (resulting in me being quite poorly), loss of money first from the parent demanding her deposit back and secondly from the job that I turned away thinking I was covered by the original contract with parent 1 in case anything went wrong.

What i am goin to do is completely review my fees and charging etc. And totally run it through NCMA. I want it watertight in future.

Their customer service is basically appalling and they won't even refund me my subs so I can swop over. Any other appalling customer service rendered would result in the business or organisationn shamefacedly trying to placate and restore confidence.

NCMA have got to start taking notice of the people they are supposed to represent - surely.

Nov 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm feeling better Juggler. I have taken a stand at least and made official complaints. I am contemplating taking further advice as well because to me NCMA have failed me big time here when all I done was use the documentation that they tell us we HAVE to use to be covered and secure, I have follwed their advice - which is obviously WRONG on their website.
    they haven't kept members up to date with what is obviously a concern. (Although apparently I am the first ever person to have this problem according to the legal blokey).
    NCMA have caused me distress and stress (resulting in me being quite poorly), loss of money first from the parent demanding her deposit back and secondly from the job that I turned away thinking I was covered by the original contract with parent 1 in case anything went wrong.

What i am goin to do is completely review my fees and charging etc. And totally run it through NCMA. I want it watertight in future.

Their customer service is basically appalling and they won't even refund me my subs so I can swop over. Any other appalling customer service rendered would result in the business or organisationn shamefacedly trying to placate and restore confidence.

NCMA have got to start taking notice of the people they are supposed to represent - surely.
    I totally agree - lobbying for us as a profession means diddly squat if there is no on the ground support. I would be doing exactly the same in your shoes. sending a hug.x

Pipsqueak Guest

Jun2010
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: NCMA / Deposit Concerns

Hi Pip,

I've just read all 8 pages of this thread.

Firstly let me say i hope your recovering from this awful experience, these 'people' behaved shamefully.

Secondly, as to you thinking this would be a bit of a horror story for new minders well, it is a little but i'm not put off minding by it. Its good to know its not a regular thing and that the support we would get on this forum is better than ncma by miles. At least we have support somewhere. Its definitely better to be in a public area of the forum so we can all see that this career is not a picnic sometimes. I'm disappointed that as my first years insurance is funded i will have to go with 'them' but i will change to MM as soon as i am able to.

I was told on my ICP that we don't have to be members of the ncma but it 'looks good' to parents, more professional. But what is the point if they don't offer support when its most needed and as to their website being wrong well thats not very professional of them is it.

I've lost 11lbs so far with bootsdiets.com!

Jun 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm new here and almost a registered childminder. From one point of view I find it hard to believe that this sort of thing goes on - unfortunately thats the world we live in.

I hope you are feeling better now and just wanted to say thanks for sharing it. It's certainly opened my eyes as to what I need to be prepared for!

I'd already decided I was going to use MM once I'm registered. However, I've been given the purple box by my Borough so was going to use NCMA contracts (albeit 5 years old ). I've checked this out with MM and they said you are not obliged to use their own paperwork. However, would your advice be for me to use MM paperwork if that's who I'm insured with to try and keep it simple if anything like this was to happen to me? Is anyone able to tell me how different the MM paperwork is the NCMA - what's their view on deposits/retainers?

Think I've almost gone off the thread now so will stop there - keep up the good work Pip and I'm sure a much nicer family will come your way soon!
    Judi

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by marzi View Post
    I was told on my ICP that we don't have to be members of the ncma but it 'looks good' to parents, more professional. But what is the point if they don't offer support when its most needed and as to their website being wrong well thats not very professional of them is it.

I think that's total poppycock!

I've never been a member of the NCMA and don't believe my business has suffered for it.

I don't feel the need to pay extra money out so people think I'm more professional!!

the parents don't give a hoot anyway!

I do feel the NCMA does good work for childminders and if they reduced their membership fee I would consider joining.

My insurance has always been from Morton Michel though.

Pipsqueak Guest

Quote Originally Posted by marzi View Post
    Hi Pip,

I've just read all 8 pages of this thread.

What a lot of tosh - who was running the ICP - LA or NCMA? No matter which organisation you are with - its YOU who makes you the professional. I am willing to bet 99% of parents don't have a clue about NCMA. I am so shocked that a fellow colleague would have said something like that - well actually no I am not sadly

Pipsqueak Guest

just to keep you informed Mr Aris has very promptly acknowledged my email. he has asked for some additional information (the reverse of the contract) - which I have emailed to him, so he can investigate further.
    Will keep you informed as I am informed (am impressed at the speed of the reply )

Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

just to keep you informed Mr Aris has very promptly acknowledged my email. he has asked for some additional information (the reverse of the contract) - which I have emailed to him, so he can investigate further.
    Will keep you informed as I am informed (am impressed at the speed of the reply )

Pip have you thought about copying all this to Suzzanna Dawson the NCMA Chair? After all she is a working Childminder 3 days a week so she would relate to the problems you have been having.

Pipsqueak Guest

Quote Originally Posted by rickysmiths View Post
    Pip have you thought about copying all this to Suzzanna Dawson the NCMA Chair? After all she is a working Childminder 3 days a week so she would relate to the problems you have been having.
    I might do, if I feel like i am not getting anywhere. I have put in a formal complaint and cc'd it to Mr Aris at this stage.
    thank you for the suggestion though Ricky - appreciate that.

Blue Boy Guest

Quote Originally Posted by christine e View Post

Cx
    Hi Christine, WE rang NCMA this morning to renew our membership and when asked about insurance I advised the very helpful lady that we would not be renew our insurance with NCMA. When asked why I advised her of our reasons to which she rather taken aback (I believe this was a genuine reaction!). She asked if she could get her line magaer (Guess Who ) to give me a call to discuss the issue within the next 2 hours. This was at about 10:30 this message is timed at 16:30 and have no call. I did mention to the lady that his name has been mentioned on the forum (maybe that is why he has not called )

I agree that we meet up and discuss the matter and present a united front. The more people who bring the issue to the front something may be done. I think you will recognise we as I think I will be the only male a the conference, so I will leave it up to you to seek me out. Look forward to meeting you, Manjay and Madminder .
    Last edited by Blue Boy; 14-06-2010 at 03:36 PM.

Pipsqueak Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Mick M View Post
    to give me a call to discuss the issue within the next 2 hours. This was at about 10:30 this message is timed at 16:30 and have no call.
    why doesn't that surprise me! I waited once for a whole 3 days for NCMA to call me back!

Blue Boy Guest

If you didn't already know you have loads of support on this forum and if we can help not only you but others by bringing this issue to the powers to be we will try

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast