Blaze x

Registered Childminder since
    Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: THATS IT -NCMA are officially on my poop list

Glad your feeling better hunny!!

You did what was right for your family yesterday and thinknig about it if the woman is still texting even after you refunding then god knows what hassle you would have got if you hadnt!!

I am going to make a complaint following your link also and Im due for renewal in August so will be going with MM also.

Feeling very let down by NCMA on your behalf but thank god for this forum!!!

Massive hugs to you and yours!! xxxxxx

Pipsqueak Guest

I am still really cross at NCMA and in their defence shall we say - I have been speaking to a supervisory lady this morning who rang me to check I was satisfied.
    I have told her no I am not and we have had a loooong chat. She has reassured me that I am a valuable member and what I have to say counts, however they won;t refund the rest of my years sub - it is their policy not to, it needs looking into - she agrees, that the website and the legal information is corresponding.
    however, she has kindly agreed to send me some (free of charge) new style of contracts.
    she has urged me to get back to her if I ever have any queries or problems - believe me I will.

Really, our conversation is no futher forward with resolving my situation - as I pointed out I am out of pocket , not to mention the stress and being made to look like a right idiot.

Now, it really does need all of YOU guys - to let NCMA know about your experiences with them - good or bad, even if you think it doesn't matter now because you have moved on/changed to MM etc you need to let them know why you are unhappy with NCMA. If they don't know then they can't do anything and if there are enough of us saying teh same/similar things then surely they have got to do something.

Nov 93
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

We have decided to make a stand, our insurance is due to renewed now. We have decided although we will remain members of NCMA, we will be going over to MM for our insurance. With Mick now elected for NPF he has to be a member (obviously!) and we feel sorry that we have to make this descision, but we feel NCMA really needs to be looking at the insurance company they are using and some of their legal staff need a brush up. We will be telling NCMA why next week when we phone them.

June 06
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

My NCMA membership & Insurance are up for renewal at the end of this month.

After reading the many threads over the past year on here, I have decided to keep my Membership but move my Insurance over to MM.
    Toothfairy

oct 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Toothfairy View Post
    My NCMA membership & Insurance are up for renewal at the end of this month.

After reading the many threads over the past year on here, I have decided to keep my Membership but move my Insurance over to MM.

i did think of doing this too but then i thought no i will not renew my membership with them as even tho the insurance isnt directly with them they should be supporting us by choosing an insurance company that does work for us if you know what i mean!

June 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

Pip i have just read this post and cant believe it absolutely gobsmacked!

Sending big hugs, look at it as a lucky escape from the family of hell!!

I have just received my renewal forms from NCMA and have been toying with the idea of changing to MM, but after a few things ive heard my mind is made up! I cant believe what you have been through and completely unsupported and unguided by an organization that is suppose to do exactly that!

Shame on NCMA!
    xx Beckie xx

Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by [QUOTE
    Pipsqueak;724117]I am still really cross at NCMA and in their defence shall we say - I have been speaking to a supervisory lady this morning who rang me to check I was satisfied.
    I have told her no I am not and we have had a loooong chat. She has reassured me that I am a valuable member and what I have to say counts, however they won;t refund the rest of my years sub - it is their policy not to, it needs looking into - she agrees, that the website and the legal information is corresponding.
    however, she has kindly agreed to send me some (free of charge) new style of contracts.
    she has urged me to get back to her if I ever have any queries or problems - believe me I will.

]

They have made a massive error nation wide that affects thousand of CM and they dont seem that sorry or even disturbed. They just dont care.
    Last edited by wendywu; 11-06-2010 at 08:39 PM.
    we dont stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing

Pipsqueak Guest

[QUOTE=wendywu;724501]
    Quote Originally Posted by

They have made a massive error nation wide that affects thousand of CM and they dont seem that sorry or even disturbed. They just dont care.
    oh but they do care Wendy - they are sending me a packet of new contracts to go some way in making up for my distress!
    i mean i appreciate the gesture, however they refused to refund me the rest of my years subs!
    I will give the lady her due - she has listened to me - whether she has heard me I don't know but I am putting in an official complaint. she couldn't tell me what NCMA's next moves are going to be but i have recommended that they look at this forum and get their own website sorted out asap.

Nov 07
    Post Thanks / Like

I too have asked Richard Aris of NCMA to have a look at this thread and respond. After all it is in the public area of the forum and this message will be going out to thousands. NCMA need to understand the ramifications of continuing to use insurance companies that don't fit in with the ethos of NCMA.

Personally for me I want to do something about this as I believe that fundamentally NCMA is a worthwhile organisation (maybe I am in a minority but hey I am a big girl and I can deal with that ) and that is why I have become a member of the Regional Organising Committee to get my views heard.

I seriously hope they take notice.

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by manjay View Post
    I too have asked Richard Aris of NCMA to have a look at this thread and respond. After all it is in the public area of the forum and this message will be going out to thousands.
    Ah... Pips asked for it to be moved to green members so as not to frighten newbies!!

Not sure what to do... Pips would need to make the decision to put it back

Pipsqueak Guest

Quote Originally Posted by sarah707 View Post
    Ah... Pips asked for it to be moved to green members so as not to frighten newbies!!

Not sure what to do... Pips would need to make the decision to put it back
    Oh! Not sure what to do now then...... would everyone prefer for this to be back in the public area?
    The reason I asked for it to be moved was that this perhaps might be a 'horror story' too far for some newbies. I understand that most newbies will be using the newer type contracts and perhaps more adequately covered. I also appreciate that some people are happy with NCMA and have received good service from them.

If the general consenus is that this would be better of in the public area I am happy to go along with this. If NCMA want to come on and view what people are saying about them and what their gripes are then perhaps in all fairness then yes this thread should remain in other part so that they have a chance to defend themselves.

If everyone agrees that it should be moved back (sorry Sarah!) then I am happy for it to go back to its orginal place.

Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I think the NCMA should be able to read what we its members are concerned about.

It may even help them to get back in touch with the basic personal side of the job we do. See us as people who deal with stress and pressure every day from mindees, parents, and Ofsted and what we DONT need is yet MORE stress we turn with a problem to the very people WE PAY to help us.
    we dont stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing

Nov 93
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by manjay View Post
    I too have asked Richard Aris of NCMA to have a look at this thread and respond. After all it is in the public area of the forum and this message will be going out to thousands. NCMA need to understand the ramifications of continuing to use insurance companies that don't fit in with the ethos of NCMA.

Personally for me I want to do something about this as I believe that fundamentally NCMA is a worthwhile organisation (maybe I am in a minority but hey I am a big girl and I can deal with that ) and that is why I have become a member of the Regional Organising Committee to get my views heard.

I seriously hope they take notice.
    Totally behind you on this one Manjay Thats why why Mick and I joined our ROC and Mick elected as NPF. I think this thread should be seen by Richard to.

Pipsqueak Guest

OK I am fine with it being put back in the more public area.
    Will ask Sarah to do it.

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Pipsqueak View Post
    OK I am fine with it being put back in the more public area.
    Will ask Sarah to do it.
    Moved back. If you change your mind for any reason Pips please let one of us know

I have always felt that the NCMA are supposed to be there to help its members and to work with them to promote and support childminders.

If that help is not being given and they are not listening to their members then surely they are failing in their remit.

If something as important as information being posted wrongly on the NCMA website is happening then I am sure it makes members wonder what else is going on behind the scenes that is wrong in the organisation??

We have members upset that appropriate help has not been given when they are in desperate need of that help... such posts reflect badly on the NCMA whether they say it is BlueFin's responsibility or try to say it is RSA's responsibility.

Here are 2 more threads that the NCMA really ought to read...

http://childmindinghelp.co.uk/forum/...highlight=ncma

http://childmindinghelp.co.uk/forum/...highlight=ncma

Pipsqueak Guest

Thank you Sarah

Hopefully someone from NCMA might have a look and take some notice

NCMA - if you read this - please recognise that even your own legal experts say that your website is WRONG:
    http://www.*************/for_parents/w...ttling_in.aspx

appalling advice, guidance and support from you NCMA - causing me to lose money, lose face, causing me no end of stress - affecting my own, family and working life. It comes to something doesn;t it when your OWN legal blokey tells me that if he were advising the parent - that he would tell them that they had a good case to take to court to recover the money.

Someone up there in their smashing Bromley office needs to get back in touch with what us on the ground childminders NEED in our day to day lives in terms of support.

aly Guest

Ordered some stationary from ncma on wednesday and they turned up yesterday
    Last edited by aly; 12-06-2010 at 06:29 PM.

Aug 03
    Post Thanks / Like

I have just gone with MM as I feel NCMA do nothing for me at all, when I had a problem a couple of years ago they were not really interested.

My insurance is due on Monday and I have just gone with MM.

Good for you Pip I would take this as far as you can.

xxx
    Love
    Lorraine xx

Nov 93
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by aly View Post
    Ordered some stationary from ncma on wednesday and they turned up yesterday
    Yes one area that has much improved, we ordered stationary Monday and recieved it Wednesday, we were gob smacked

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast