Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast
    Registered Childminder since
    Nov 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: THATS IT -NCMA are officially on my poop list

so what about the advice to the parents saying deposits are non-refundable.

Im sorry but if NCMA are not letting me charge non-refundable deposits from now then their contracts are not worth the paper they are written on.

I'd like to see anyone at NCMA try to tell their holiday company they want their deposit back cos their not going!!!!!!!!

Pip, go join MM today and use them. I am so sorry this is happening to you hon. Big hug. Remeber not all parents are like thisx

Pipsqueak Guest

Ok you are all going to shout at me but i have refunded ALL the money - I just want shot of the nasty horrible woman and situation. the grandma has been round for it - i made her sign for it. Asked for my paperwork back and got a nasty text back!!!!
    told teh grandma in no uncertain terms that their behaviour this morning was unacceptable - which she admitted and told me I was out of order and a disgrace to my profession (felt like punching her in the face at this point but i didn't). I pointed out that I bent over backwards to help her daughter and I believed she was taking me for a ride. God that felt good.

I have informed Ofsted and they have noted. I rung the police and logged the incident - they are not interested in the slightest.
    Rung NCMA back and told them exactly what i think of their services and website info etc etc etc. They are going to investigate and call me back. I am putting in an official complaint as well.

From what the legal guy was saying the NCMA website is wrong therefore I have followed wrong advice and I am going to see if NCMA fancy reimbursing me for MY loss of earnings due to their mis-information .

I am so freakin annoyed I am beyond words but by god NCMA is going to feel my wrath.

Professional body for childminders - my ar*e!

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Pipsqueak View Post
    Ok you are all going to shout at me but i have refunded ALL the money - I just want shot of the nasty horrible woman and situation. the grandma has been round for it - i made her sign for it. Asked for my paperwork back and got a nasty text back!!!!
    told teh grandma in no uncertain terms that their behaviour this morning was unacceptable - which she admitted and told me I was out of order and a disgrace to my profession (felt like punching her in the face at this point but i didn't). I pointed out that I bent over backwards to help her daughter and I believed she was taking me for a ride. God that felt good.

I have informed Ofsted and they have noted. I rung the police and logged the incident - they are not interested in the slightest.
    Rung NCMA back and told them exactly what i think of their services and website info etc etc etc. They are going to investigate and call me back. I am putting in an official complaint as well.

From what the legal guy was saying the NCMA website is wrong therefore I have followed wrong advice and I am going to see if NCMA fancy reimbursing me for MY loss of earnings due to their mis-information .

I am so freakin annoyed I am beyond words but by god NCMA is going to feel my wrath.

I don't think anyone has the right to critise you - we're not the ones having to deal with that hateful woman. You've done what is right for you and that's all that counts.

You have had a mega lucky escape and you are well shot of them. Imagine how things could have been if you'd actually started caring for the child...a nightmare!

Try to put that stupid woman out of your head & focus all your anger & frustration towards the appalling treatment you have had from NCMA. I really hope you get some satisfactory answers from them.

xx

Jan 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

time for a petition i think, time to tell NCMA in no uncertain terms what we think
    IS BACK

Pipsqueak Guest

We could set up a 'forum' on here - like the regional and national ones and gather all our gripes and complaints regarding the 'service' of NCMA and we could collectively - those who want to - send an email to NCMA?
    Not sure if thats ok with Pauline - would rather check with d'boss first.

Believe me I am NOT happy and going to be asking NCMA to refund my remainder of my sub and swop over to MM (can't afford to lose nearly a years payment).

sick sick sick of this

Non childminder member
    Ex Childminder
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hebs View Post
    time for a petition i think, time to tell NCMA in no uncertain terms what we think
    I agree
    I am with them at the moment (still another 10 months to go grrrrr) and I will no longer be using their services. If they can't protect the workers who's profession they are supposed to promote then they don't deserve my time or money. MM going forward it is.

Pip you do the thing that you feel right. Why am I not suprise that the Police aren't interested in their harrassment Have a stiff drink and put this behind you. Big hugs xxxx

PS. Pip like you I hold 50% first months fees as a deposit which states is non refundable. Clearly my contracts aren't even worth wiping my bottom with
    Last edited by Bitsy Beans; 10-06-2010 at 05:57 PM.

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Sending hugs xx

jan 89
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

hey nobody will shout at you youve done what you felt you had too youve been verbally abused all day i think you did well not to hit her (evan tho that would of made it worse) seriuosly im with hebs a petition needs to be done it needs sorting it should of never happened thinking il change to mm in august

Latest Inspection Grade
    *OUTSTANDING
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh Pip just been catching up with this thread. What an awful time you have had today. I don't blame you for refunding, it gets shot of the family.

Give NCMA hell, yours is not the first dire story I have heard about their lack of support.

I am with MM and use my own paperwork and think I will spend some time actually going over my contracts with a fine toothcomb to ensure I word everything clearly.

Sending hugs. x
    ƸӜƷ* Hello Kitty *ƸӜƷ

Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE=Pipsqueak;723564]Ok you are all going to shout at me but i have refunded ALL the money - I just want shot of the nasty horrible woman and situation. QUOTE]

I would have done the same, you can wait ages for court dates and I wouldn't want to have to deal with such horrible people for any longer than necessary. I hope you get some satisfaction from complaining about NCMA, when my insurance is due for renewal I'll definitely be looking elsewhere now!

Feb o7
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh Pip, I haven't read whole thing yet but sounds like a right sorry saga.
    NCMA have been on my 'poop' list since day 1.
    They are absolutely no help whatsoever and I reckon it's about time we made a stand!!!!
    Will put my name to any complaint, just say the word.

Pipsqueak Guest

Gotta say it guys -

THANK YOU so much for your advice, support and concern.

Once again the forum is a terrific source of comfort.

sending each and everyone of you a huggy

Jan 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

yeah lets do one on the forum, or better still invite a rep from NCMA to join us on here and face our wrath
    IS BACK

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hebs View Post
    yeah lets do one on the forum, or better still invite a rep from NCMA to join us on here and face our wrath
    I would love to see that

Feb o7
    Post Thanks / Like

That's what we should do. Invite one of their people on here.
    This is a total outrage.
    I honestly thought that the NCMA was THE place to go when I started minding. Thought they would support me and have answers to my questions.
    WRONG!!!

oct 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

OMG i have just read all this thread and i am shocked! pip you did exactly the right thing, the family sounds awful and you are best to get rid once and for all.

As for NCMA

i have just got my renewal forms from them and will enjoy ringing them up to tell them i am not renewing and will tell them the exact reason why.

may 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

oh my god!!!!
    have only just caught up with your thread, its disgusting!! it was bad enought when i wasnt getting paid by a parent and was told by ncma legal that unless i worked my notice period of 4 weeks i wouldnt get any help from them cause i was in breech of contract, ended up working 8 weeks without pay in total,,, did get it in the end though but not through ncma help.
    poor you,,, I hope you can get somthing out of the ncma for the trouble they caused.

Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Pipsqueak View Post

No one is gonna shout at you....You did the right thing for you
    NCMA should reimberse you as their Website is incorrect.

Big Huggies coming straight back atcha xx
    Needs to Zumba

july 06
    Post Thanks / Like

i have to say i proberly would have given the deposit back as well(even though i would like to think i wouldn't have)

Ncma are i used to be with them but now with MM. NCMA aren't there when you need the back up and support. saying that though mm arent much better for support!!

I cant see the point of the ncma contacts there now worth the paper there written on. The amount of times ive tryed to sort contarcts out and been told "oh no sorry you wouldn't have a case"

I also have to say though that our local childminging co-ordinators and thier bosses dont seem to be much help either. I sometime wonder whats the point it seems no ones there for us!!!!

Aug 03
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh pip poor you I would have done the same and gave the deposit back.

I am with NCMA but I am changing to MM as my membership is up in 5 days.

You give NCMA hell they are just a waste of space.

xxx
    Love
    Lorraine xx

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast