Angel xx

Registered Childminder since
    Nov 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: THATS IT -NCMA are officially on my poop list

Quote Originally Posted by Pipsqueak View Post
    Following on from my other thread - I rang the legal line to ask for advice re the deposit:

you aren't gonna believe this:

BECAUSE the contract hasn't started its not valid - basically because I haven't provided care yet then the full deposit is supposed to be returned.
    B****cks. Take no notice. Where else would you expect to get a deposit back. It says IN WRITING non-refundable deposit. Pip I've been chewing Richard Aris' ear off about this and how unsupportive the legal line are. Ring him and tell him this is the final straw. What ARE we paying our money for if even whats in writing in a signed contract means nothing

Pipsqueak Guest

Quote Originally Posted by The Juggler View Post
    B****cks. Take no notice. Where else would you expect to get a deposit back. It says IN WRITING non-refundable deposit. Pip I've been chewing Richard Aris' ear off about this and how unsupportive the legal line are. Ring him and tell him this is the final straw. What ARE we paying our money for if even whats in writing in a signed contract means nothing
    Have you got a number for him Juggler

july 10
    Post Thanks / Like

I use to sell cars and if someone had paid a deposit, but then changed their mind, we would give back deposit less any expenses we incurred. so if you turned down other parents you would be entitled to keep deposit.

aly Guest

i think we should all phone up and ask the same question and see who comes back with a yes and who with a no!!

Nov 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Have you got a number for him Juggler
    let me have a look hon, need to check my e-mail

Nov 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

no phone number but here is his e-mail. He and I had loads of correspondence then he got the legal people to call me. They called once, I missed their call. I called back and left a message but they never tried again

I complained about advice given to one of our members. He told me clearly (after speaking to the legal team) that the advice she was given would never have been given out by them. I told him that it had been. The forum member spoke to him direct after that.
    Last edited by sarah707; 10-06-2010 at 12:37 PM. Reason: Please send a pm for confidentiality!

Pipsqueak Guest

Great I have just had mum and the grandma on the doorstep screaming at me that I am a robbing b and that I steal, tehy are going to be taking me to court etc etc - all in front of my mindees . I am really shook up - did end the conversation and told the mum I wold ring her at 6.30 tonight.

Rang NCMA back and they are insistent because the contract hadn't started yet and that I offset the deposit against the fees then yes I should give it back. But because I have ticked non-refundable and parent has signed I could use this clause if parent sues me.

I have had enough of this blooming marlakry. Am going to look for another job. I am SOOOO sick of this

Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

I cant believe this.....Where is the support when you need it!!!

What the hell is the point of a deposit then

Big Hugs Pip......I cant believe these people are being so aweful

xx
    Needs to Zumba

Jan 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

ring the police

they threatened you infront of your mindees i'd be going nuts and get the police involved shake them up a bit

hope your ok xxxx
    IS BACK

Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh hun loads of hugs coming your way!!

First of all I would be ringing the police and getting a crime number for intimidation! How would this look if they then took you to court??? You couldnt go to someones place of work and do that.....your home is your work and they have over stepped the mark!!

Secondly this would make me personally push to keep the whole lot. Dont get into conversation with them anymore. I would send them a letter stating she signed a contract.....the contract states non refundable and if she isnt happy then to seek legal advice. Dont let this go. People cant get away with bullying to get their own way!!!

Please please please dont pack in either. Why should your area lose a fantastic childminder because of two bullies!!!

Massive hugs coming your way!!!!

Nov 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

oh hon, this is awful. If I were you, I'd ring and join MM today and get their legal advice.

Then write a long letter to NCMA and tell them exactly why you have left them. They NEED to know that they are seriously letting members down with their legal support.

They may do great lobbying work on our behalf as a professional but on a day-to-day support basis they need to have a seriuos rethink.

sending a really big hug. Don't quit - you are too good a childminder to quit

Nov 09
    Post Thanks / Like

MADNESS!!!! Before I do my contracts I fill an acceptance form which states deposit is not refundable if you do not take the place. I do put it in contract as well so maybe do this as well just to cover in the future.

My friend has had major problems with NCMA....

Jan 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Juggler View Post

They may do great lobbying work on our behalf as a professional but on a day-to-day support basis they need to have a seriuos rethink.
    but all the lobbying in the world is pointless if we dont have the day to day support
    IS BACK

Nov 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hebs View Post
    but all the lobbying in the world is pointless if we dont have the day to day support
    my point exactly they'll have no members left soon and no money to do their lobbying with!

Pipsqueak Guest

Rang legal line back to update them - she said about ringing the police but they she added in that it might encourage tit for tat in that she makes allegations about me to Ofsted. my neighbour came round to see if i was alright bless her. My head is spinning and is all over the place.
    i am soooo tempted to allow this go to court and see if i win - blu fin said that they would represent me - wow how lucky am I! This is ridiculous - basically because I have been nice and allowed the deposit to be offset against fees then I have shot myself in the foot. I asked why that is on the contract then and she said the contracts are perfectly fine.

She did say about the cooling of period and when I talked about this last year with Blu fin they said that there is no such thing - i asked her why they are contradicting themselves.

arrrrgggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhh this is doing my head in totally.

Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Rang legal line back to update them - she said about ringing the police but they she added in that it might encourage tit for tat in that she makes allegations about me to Ofsted. my neighbour came round to see if i was alright bless her. My head is spinning and is all over the place.
    i am soooo tempted to allow this go to court and see if i win - blu fin said that they would represent me - wow how lucky am I! This is ridiculous - basically because I have been nice and allowed the deposit to be offset against fees then I have shot myself in the foot. I asked why that is on the contract then and she said the contracts are perfectly fine.

She did say about the cooling of period and when I talked about this last year with Blu fin they said that there is no such thing - i asked her why they are contradicting themselves.

arrrrgggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhh this is doing my head in totally.
    As far as im concerned if someone comes here and abuses me while im working they can contact ofsted as many times as they like ill still go to the police!!!

Oh im so for you!!

Please dont give in. My biggest bug bear is bullies and they need to be taught they cant get away with it!!

Maybe losing money in court costs will make them realise!!

Blue Boy Guest

Hi ya, I have just been elected as a member of the National Policy Forum to represention the East Region and am attending a volunteers conference at the end of the month. One of the agenda items is How to Promote the NCMA! I feel that this is a matter that I need to bring up as I can see them loosing members hands over fist with information like this coming out.

I will report back with any information I get. I hope it will be of help.

Nov 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mick M View Post
    Hi ya, I have just been elected as a member of the National Policy Forum to represention the East Region and am attending a volunteers conference at the end of the month. One of the agenda items is How to Promote the NCMA! I feel that this is a matter that I need to bring up as I can see them loosing members hands over fist with information like this coming out.

I will report back with any information I get. I hope it will be of help.
    it would be great if you do that Mick. I've spoken to my policy forum member, who passed me to NCMA directly (Richard Aris). i've told them the issues they are causing. I know that lots of other forum members have also brought up this issue at the regional forums. It seems they are not listening maybe you can make them see how much this issue is affecting us.

Nov 06
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Ring the police - if you don't I will - I'll report a disturbance!

& you keep the money - if they take you to cuort - forget NCMA - just show the contract & today print from the NCMA website what it says about non - refundable deposits etc - case dismissed!
    Blaze x

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast