Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tandem Bathing

Registered Childminder since
    Apr 08
    Post Thanks / Like

Question Tandem Bathing

Does anyone bath mindees together? I needed to do this the other day after a muddy time in the paddling pool/goo.

Would you put them in a bath together? I have mixed genders, 1yr, 2yrs & 4yrs. The kids would love it but not sure if it is right or not.

What would/do you do?

oct 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Tandem Bathing

hose them down

sorry i have no idea but had to say hose them down ...hope someone comes along with more sense than me...
    Dust its Fairy Dust

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I wouldn't bath mindees at all, sorry. If you do you should have signed permission to protect yourself against any allegations

aug 01
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

dont bath them its a safeguarding issue... just clean up with wipes of flannel

oct 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by beccas View Post
    dont bath them its a safeguarding issue... just clean up with wipes of flannel
    just a throught what about changing them into a swimsuit so they can use a paddling pool, never crossed my mind till you said safeguarding....
    Dust its Fairy Dust

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I would only do it in an emergency like if the child had a very messy nappy that wasn't wipe-able or if he was sick or if NHS direct suggested a cool bath if there was a high temp while waiting for parents to arrive.

If children like being mud scruffs I'd get them a coverall jacket each.

Hth

Feb 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good Apr 15
    Post Thanks / Like

I showered baby mindie last week, with his nappy on and t-shirt lol, kinda had him hoovering over the bath and sprayed him down he didn't like it, but he was covered in mud from the 'soil tray' we had out and would not keep still to let me clean him!

Otherwise no

oct 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

everyones right in saying that we shouldnt bath them due to safeguarding. i wouldnt do it apart from in an emergency like sarah suggets.

but i find it very sad that something so innocent like giving a mucky child a bath is seen in this way. in a few years time will we be able to change nappies? or will we have to call parents to do it.

Apr10
    Post Thanks / Like

Was told on my recent ICP to never bath the mindees.
    such a shame.I used to stick my daughter and her best friend in the bath some afternoons for a good play session.I did have mums permission.This was prior to childminding.They loved playing with all the empty bottles, jugs, pans ect.

apr 08
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sweets View Post
    everyones right in saying that we shouldnt bath them due to safeguarding. i wouldnt do it apart from in an emergency like sarah suggets.

but i find it very sad that something so innocent like giving a mucky child a bath is seen in this way. in a few years time will we be able to change nappies? or will we have to call parents to do it.

Can just imagine the response we'd get from parents, if we ever have to tell them they have to leave work 2-4, however many times a day to change their child nappy, because we're not allowed to..
    Mandy
    Anyone got any Chocolate Buttons?

sep09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I put littlest mindee and ds in the bath together ( in swim pants for mindee and pants for ds) to play in the water , pouring etc. it was winter and we had lots of fun , no different to the paddling pool in the summer. Mum knew and was happy. I can see what you are saying about safeguarding and would be mindful but if they are 'covered' it is something i would possibly do again.

Jun 06
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Grade 6
    Post Thanks / Like

I just had a thought, if we're not allowed to bathe mindees, what about getting them changed when we go swimming? Is this not the same? In answer to OP, no I wouldn't bathe them together to respect their privacy.
    Ali xx

Mar 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I would never bath a mindee, if they were really messy i would just use wipes or a flannel to clean them up

Oct 96
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

years ago I occasionally put 4yr and 1yr old mindees(siblings) in the bath with my 3yr old son after playing in the garden, mum has got the photos to prove it and shock , horror they used to play naked in the garden and paddling pool .....I think it is so sad that because of sick mindless individuals at large in the world today this innocence has been lost and we have to worry about whether we can bath a child or not

January
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

It's a good point, though - how is putting them in the bath to play together in swimming stuff actually any different to playing together in swimming kit in a paddling pool?
    Familiarity breeds contempt - and children Mark Twain

Jan 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I would just change clothes & wipe them down as best I could.

I have bathed 2 mindees before, both after they had been sick (at different times...) Both got it everywhere, in hair etc & it stunk!! I called parents & asked though to cover myself, and so glad they said yes, as I'm not sure I'd have been able to have them near me... Stale sick just reeks, and one parent didn't arrive for 3 hours....

xx

oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

i have permission for one of my older mindees to have a bath (but on his own ! i don't even go in the room! ) after football! sometimes he can look as if he has been dipped in mud and NOTHING cleans as well as a bath!

i've never bathed a mindee, but when DS was little, i used to have 8/9yr old mindee till 7ish once or twice a week and she used to love bathing DS !!!

Aug 07
    Post Thanks / Like

I have bathed 2 children before only once and they were both in their swimming costumes so I suppose it was a bit like being in a paddling pool!

july 00
    Latest Inspection Grade
    very good
    Non childminder member
    ex childminder
    Post Thanks / Like

i wouldnt bath the children, just wipe them down, you are leaving yourself wide open to allegations from parents.
    karen

Non childminder member
    lazy bum!
    Post Thanks / Like

I wouldnt do it as others have said, protect yourself and the children from all allegations that could be made against you.

I put out buckets of water with sponges if we are doing real messy play so they can then sponge themselves down afterwards with fresh clothes to change into with help obviously.

Also if your bathroom is not registered then you are breaking your cover so any accidents will be void. My bathrooms are not registered as I have a downstairs loo so in my case I can never shower or bath a child unless advised medically then I would break the registration in order to do as advised with a full written reoprt adding names and dates of who and when advised me.
    Busy losing the will to live mwuahahahaha!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast