Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: LIVID!!

Registered Childminder since
    Jan 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

Default LIVID!!

had a phone call just now from the ey team about a complaint thats been made against me!

someone has complained about the photos on facebook, i told her i had permission from the parents which she seemed shocked at

shes coming out tomorrow to see me about it

am i going to be in big trouble even thoough i said i can get my parents to wrote a letter saying they are fine with them being on fb??
    IS BACK

Pipsqueak Guest

Default Re: LIVID!!

I can't see that you can get into bother providing you have the permissions from the parents and that they are fully aware of where the pix are.

I know the general view nowadays is that social networking sites are a big no no for childcare workers and that you should not put childrens pictures on or discuss anything to do with work on it.

People have been sacked from (nursery) jobs because they are friends with parents, have put their status as 'I hate my job/what a horrid day/horrid kids' etc.

Guidance says that 'professional codes of conduct' should be observed.

Nov 06
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Sorry - but I don't know TBH - I'd go with what pip says!

...Would be interested to know what is said when she visits you though!
    Blaze x

Apr 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

hope it goes ok

Post Thanks / Like

Am I missing something - what has it got to do with the ey team?

I presume that's where the complaint was made to but you are not answerable to them - you've explained you have parent's permission so why are they coming to see you?

Miffy xx
    Keep smiling!

Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

Hope it goes ok xx
    Needs to Zumba

JUNE 05
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

Sorry i cant help you either but didnt want to read and run.

Personally i would never put photos of mindees on any social networking site or indeed talk about my job or mindees but as i said that is just my preference and everyone is different.

Dont get yourself too worried just explain that you have all the parents written permission to do this so you didnt realise you were doing any
    thing wrong
    "Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars."

jumpinjen Guest

My friend had a complaint made to Ey about her, and they came out to see her, and gather 'evidence' in order that they could 'decide' whether or not to pass the complaint to Ofsted or not.... she thinks that it is other early years providers (nurseries/minders etc) that report to EY cos parents wouldn't know to do that, they would go to Ofsted..... it's not nice, i would definately get letters of agreement from parents to back you up.

Jenni

Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

This world has gone completely mad.Not allowed to do this,not allowed to do that,next we won't be allowed to breath unless we have permission.
    I was going to say don't worry about it Hebs you have permission from the parents,but apparently parents have no rights nowadays.
    We are supposed to remain proffessional but the children are meant to be an extention of your family,contradiction in it's self.
    Alyson x

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I know we all have different views on this & personally I don't think it's good practice to put photos of mindees on FB, but I don't think there's anything EY can do about it other than advice you what the implications are. It really isn't their business as you're not breaking any rules if you have parental permission & if parents are made fully aware of how far the photos could go (ie. friends of friends of friends etc!)

Don't forget to ask what rules apply when members of the EY team take photos of mindees at events then publish the pictures without having sought anyone's permission

Jan 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

both parents are writing letters for me to back me up, so no worries there

i also thought it was weird that it was the EY team who rang cos a parent would contact ofsted
    IS BACK

Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I did post on this topic before that some one on here got a complaint about her putting photos on FB. Also for discussing mindee with that childs parent

But i cannot remember who it was
    we dont stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing

Pipsqueak Guest

Who has complained about it? Its got to be someone who is on your FB friends.

Was just looking at a document we were given at uni the other day as we were discussing exactly this:

Guidance for Safer working Practice for Adults who Work with Children and young people (dcsf) updated jan 09:

(the guidance says page 26 part 27) adults should not display or distribute images of children unless they have the consent to do so from parents/carers
    . informed written consent obtained from parents/carers and where possible from the child. Careful consideration should be taken to ensure all parties understnad the implications of the image being taken especially if it si to be used for publicity/media or on the internet.

page 14 part 7 - All adults workign with children have a responsibility to maintain public confidence in their ability to safeguard the welfare and best interests of the child. It is therefore expected that they will adopt high standards of personal conduct in order to maintain the confidence and respect of the public in general and all those with whom they work.

so to me - if you can prove that you have taken into account the above - you have the relevant permissions and the step you have taken to safeguard the welfare of the children when displaying these pix then I can't see what trouble you can get into. At least you can quote the documentation to them!!! and what you do to apply it!
    Last edited by Pipsqueak; 04-03-2010 at 04:55 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by barbarella68 View Post
    This world has gone completely mad.Not allowed to do this,not allowed to do that,next we won't be allowed to breath unless we have permission.
    Or at least a policy

http://childmindinghelp.co.uk/forum/...eathing+policy

Miffy xx
    Keep smiling!

Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Pipsqueak View Post
    Thats what I was thinking. x
    Needs to Zumba

Jan 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

Was just looking at a document we were given at uni the other day as we were discussing exactly this:

Guidance for Safer working Practice for Adults who Work with Children and young people (dcsf) updated jan 09:

(the guidance says page 26 part 27) adults should not display or distribute images of children unless they have the consent to do so from parents/carers
    . informed written consent obtained from parents/carers and where possible from the child. Careful consideration should be taken to ensure all parties understnad the implications of the image being taken especially if it si to be used for publicity/media or on the internet.

page 14 part 7 - All adults workign with children have a responsibility to maintain public confidence in their ability to safeguard the welfare and best interests of the child. It is therefore expected that they will adopt high standards of personal conduct in order to maintain the confidence and respect of the public in general and all those with whom they work.

so to me - if you can prove that you have taken into account the above - you have the relevant permissions and the step you have taken to safeguard the welfare of the children when displaying these pix then I can't see what trouble you can get into.
    thanks for that Pip will print it out ready to show her tomorrow

i have both parents on FB and they are tagged in the photos, they are going mad that someone is implying that they cant make an informed choice regarding their kids

she did seems shocked when i said that i have permission, that both mums are on my fb friends list, parents are tagged, and THEY WANT THEM UP, she went oh.....

i'm thinking it could be C's mum, to get back at me for something i cant post in minding chat

but as soon as a mindee leaves even if i have had permission to post the pics, the photos are removed
    IS BACK

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I can't see that you can get into bother providing you have the permissions from the parents and that they are fully aware of where the pix are.

I know the general view nowadays is that social networking sites are a big no no for childcare workers and that you should not put childrens pictures on or discuss anything to do with work on it.

People have been sacked from (nursery) jobs because they are friends with parents, have put their status as 'I hate my job/what a horrid day/horrid kids' etc.

Guidance says that 'professional codes of conduct' should be observed.
    I agree
    Jen

~Chelle~ Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Hebs View Post

i'm thinking it could be C's mum, to get back at me for something i cant post in minding chat
    This was my first thought when you said someone had complained!

It has to be someone either on your friends list or previous friends who would know what you have on your facebook account.

Mine is set to private and I have permission from mum and dad to say that I can add photos of their son on their and tag them in photos so that they get to see what he does here throughout the day.

I am sure you will be fine, especially seeing as you have permission from both sets of parents.

Seems like someone has left things for a bit then made a complaint so that you dont think that it is them!!!

Jan 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ~Chelle~ View Post

Seems like someone has left things for a bit then made a complaint so that you dont think that it is them!!!
    yeah my immediate thought was C's mam
    but i took her pics off the childminding album anyway the day they left

i KNOW i haven't done anything wrong, i have permission to post the pics are the mums sit and look through them with the mindees help jog their memories about what they've been doing that day and they get a full report from the kids instead of... id ont know i cant remember

i do everything by the book EVERYTHING so to them
    IS BACK

~Chelle~ Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Hebs View Post

i do everything by the book EVERYTHING so to them
    to them

x

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast