Default Re: I D cards ( again ) !!!

thanks twinkle ive sent it to you

Registered Childminder since
    Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

I currently have on each of mine a photo, d.o.b., emergency contact details and a photocopy of the medical section on the ncma contract stapled to the back which gives signed permission from the parent for medical treatment and also the doctor's name and address, plus any allergies etc.

My dw suggested I re-do them as I have several contact numbers for each child and have listed what each one is. I.E. Mum mobile - xxxxxx, Mum work - xxxxx etc. She said that I shouldn't put what each number is as it is a confidentiality issue!

I currently don't have a name on there - just the date of birth. At first she wasn't sure about the d.o.b. but I pointed out that surely it's better if they know the exact age of a child immediately to get the dosage right of any medication they may need. She then agreed and said that also the child's medical notes could be obtained from the d.o.b. so it was a good idea

I still can't decide whether to put the child's name on though. My 4 year old mindee is terribly shy and probably wouldn't speak to anyone so on the one hand it may calm her a bit if the medical staff could use her name BUT on the other hand it has crossed my mind that in the event of an accident where I couldn't talk, there is the slight risk of abduction as a stranger could see what the child was called and convince them that mummy and daddy told them to come and collect them. I know I'm probably taking things to extremes and you would hope only kind people would geniunely help but in this day and age you can't be too careful.
    Cazz x

Post Thanks / Like

I used to work in a hospital and you could search for patients on the database using their name and gp so they should be able to find them on there, they can also look up the names of parents that are linked to the children

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cazz View Post
    I currently have on each of mine a photo, d.o.b., emergency contact details and a photocopy of the medical section on the ncma contract stapled to the back which gives signed permission from the parent for medical treatment and also the doctor's name and address, plus any allergies etc.

My dw suggested I re-do them as I have several contact numbers for each child and have listed what each one is. I.E. Mum mobile - xxxxxx, Mum work - xxxxx etc. She said that I shouldn't put what each number is as it is a confidentiality issue!

I currently don't have a name on there - just the date of birth. At first she wasn't sure about the d.o.b. but I pointed out that surely it's better if they know the exact age of a child immediately to get the dosage right of any medication they may need. She then agreed and said that also the child's medical notes could be obtained from the d.o.b. so it was a good idea

I still can't decide whether to put the child's name on though. My 4 year old mindee is terribly shy and probably wouldn't speak to anyone so on the one hand it may calm her a bit if the medical staff could use her name BUT on the other hand it has crossed my mind that in the event of an accident where I couldn't talk, there is the slight risk of abduction as a stranger could see what the child was called and convince them that mummy and daddy told them to come and collect them. I know I'm probably taking things to extremes and you would hope only kind people would geniunely help but in this day and age you can't be too careful.

I know this is the bit where I have been going round in circles with for ages. It's hard to know what to do for the best

Mar 06
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Non childminder member
    Friend
    Post Thanks / Like

I think if medical staff knew the names and ages they could look at the age to see if this was the child or say the name for a response
    One life live it

Post Thanks / Like

I have a card in my purse with the childrens first names, the parents first name and contact number. If I am injured all they have to do is call the parent, and if the child is injured then I can speak for them giving them the information they might need.

But then I don't have children who can't/won't speak.

Aug 03
    Post Thanks / Like

I do ID cards and my ofsted inspector wasn't even bothered that I had them didn't even mention it.

xx
    Love
    Lorraine xx

May 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    OUTSTANDING
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by nokidshere View Post
    I have a card in my purse with the childrens first names, the parents first name and contact number. If I am injured all they have to do is call the parent, and if the child is injured then I can speak for them giving them the information they might need.

But then I don't have children who can't/won't speak.
    And what if you are all injured / unconscious?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12